Defend yourself from a minor?

advw

Evenin,

A random question popped in my head today. Could someone get in trouble with the law for defending his/herself from a minor? For example, some 16 year old gang member threatens you or your family. What kinds of things could happen to you if you end up using your gun?

Evenin,

A random question popped in my head today. Could someone get in trouble with the law for defending his/herself from a minor? For example, some 16 year old gang member threatens you or your family. What kinds of things could happen to you if you end up using your gun?
It does not matter what the age of the perp is. If the critiea that justiifes deadly force, has been met, the perp could be five years old and it does not matter.
Threats are words. Words are not enough to justify deadly force. They are only a contrubuting factor.
Nothing personal, but I wish people would stop calling firearms guns.

I was watching a show that was talking to veterans of WW2 in Europe. They said the Germans they hated to fight the most were the Hitler Youth. They said that they just did not know when to stop or give up. They were unpredictable enemies.

Define "minor". Under 18? Under 16? Some kids today are grown up physically by that age or younger. A physical threat is a threat regardless of age.

Per my training.. this best discribes the answer that comes to my mind... "imminent death or great bodily harm" ... When that criteria is met its going to be a fight for your life kid or adult.

I echo KN1080, but will add the following comment.

Regardless of age, if the P.O.S. is trying to seriously harm me or a member of my family I will defend myself with force if need be. Ask the guys who served in Vietnam if they believe a child can be a threat... Just 2 pennies...

Peace...

Bravo sierra my fat Alpha!

I was watching a show that was talking to veterans of WW2 in Europe. They said the Germans they hated to fight the most were the Hitler Youth. They said that they just did not know when to stop or give up. They were unpredictable enemy

That's a bunch of Bravo Sierra.

Don't believe it? Watch this movie about it...... for free!

Watch The Hitler Youth Movie Free

I will be looking for your Bravo Sierra retraction to handgonnetoter later in the thread.
:biggrin:

Evenin,

My first reaction is that you should do whatever you can to avoid this situation, but then I realize that you should ALWAYS do everything possible to avoid a potential deadly force encounter, regardless of whether the assailant is 16, 26, or 106.

If they are going to act like an adult, they will be stopped like an adult.

And on the Hitler Youth thing: they were thrown into the war at the last since Hitler was mobilizing anyone and everyone. And these were, like all, brainwashed. But only more so since you can get a youth more motivated than an adult.

The one thing US soldiers understood was Hitler Youth would fight to the end, and while not necessarily trained well or equiped well, the soldiers learned not to dismiss them.

Last edited:
We just a 15 yr. old beat the tar out of one of our officers with his hands, no weapon.
He was in a coma for a few weeks, has brain damage, learning how to talk again and is just relearning his wifes name and who she is.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back