CWP manual ?

Foxhound

Howdy

I'm gonna try for my permit in the next 3 or 4 weeks.I was wondering if the study manual you get in class is available online anywhere ? From what I hear it's pretty basic and easy but ever since I was little I always had trouble with written tests, a screw loose I guess, and I wanted a bit of extra time to study . I've looked around but haven't found it anywhere.
Thanks.

Howdy

I'm gonna try for my permit in the next 3 or 4 weeks.I was wondering if the study manual you get in class is available online anywhere ? From what I hear it's pretty basic and easy but ever since I was little I always had trouble with written tests, a screw loose I guess, and I wanted a bit of extra time to study . I've looked around but haven't found it anywhere.
Thanks.
fox, what state are you in?

We didn't have a study manual. The SC statute isn't that long and any instructor worth a salt is going to make sure he/she really emphasizes the material that you need to know in order to pass.

I read up on the laws via the SLED website and that was good preparation.

Good luck!

I am also not sure from your post, the course to which you are referring. I am making the assumption from your post, that some states might require a course which is taught by the state, however I know that some states will accept NRA courses as documentation of training. So I guess it depends on your location and the type of course you are taking. I can sure relate to your concerns about the test. I always like to get the material in advance, even if it is said to be "easy".

Sorry, from South Carolina.

From what I had read on different instructors sites they mentioned giving out a manual during the class.
So all the questions are from the laws ? Nothing like which is the best way to carry your weapon , based on your instructors opinion etc.....

From what I had read on different instructors sites they mentioned giving out a manual during the class.
So all the questions are from the laws ? Nothing like which is the best way to carry your weapon , based on your instructors opinion etc.....

You'll get that information too or can ask that question in class. However, the instructor's goal is to make sure you take a test that shows you have an understanding about state law and basic gun safety. I took my class at the Myrtle Beach Indoor Shooting Range and after you take the written test and see the score they take your test back and keep it on file. That way if anything ever happened with you as a CWP holder and there was any question about what you learned and tested on they're covered.

I figured you were in SC since you started the thread in the SC forum. The test is easy. Just listen in class and you won't have any problems. Most instructors will give you a heads up by telling you to remember certain things. Just remember them, you will see them on the test. They do or did hand out a pamphlet. My son just got his permit. He said he didn't get one when he took his class last Oct. Just go and have fun in the class!

I just took my class last weekend. All we received was a copy of the SC laws. The test is made by SLED so a side from the four basic safety rules everything else is from the SC laws. You are allowed to miss 15 questions and still pass the written so don't sweat it. Good luck.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back