Coproaches New take on Ferguson

Saw a video of Al Sharpton riling-up the locals this morning. They're holding signs that say "hands-up, don't shoot." At the same time he's yelling into the microphone "put your hands up if you're mad!" So which is it Al? Should the next cop just figure you're mad? What an asshat.

Great article and analysis of today's policing standards, or lack thereof. The comments alone were worth the price of admission.

I must express my surprise at you being a consumer of an anarchist's musings though, Jim. I'm not bugged, just surprised. I read anarchists all the time, though I don't subscribe to the ideology. The whole point of the Constitution was to provide order for The People with the smallest, least intrusive government possible, which, another way to put it, would be to say as close to anarchy as a People can get without actually breaking down into the chaos of anarchy.

Whatever, that writer has his finger on the pulse of modern policing. Enjoyed the read. Thanks for it.

Blues

Anarchist or libertarian on steroids? His message is definitely thought provoking. I think that even the Buppert subscribes to some sort of governance in the form of self governance. I am not sure that a lefty anarchist subscribes to even self governance...just look at their personal hygiene.

great article for those who are capable of independent critical thinking.
the problems in ferguson are multifaceted and cannot be easily discussed without causing waves of massive emotional responses.

I can be inflammatory...

Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock......

Get your mind right, gear in order and body in shape.

Harden your hearts, Gentlemen.

No one but no one pays any attention to sharpton anymore. He is a race hustler and can get the panties of a few ignorant folks all twisted up. Sharton needs to be marginalized and ostracized by society.

Anarchist or libertarian on steroids?

It is your previously-stated misunderstanding(s) about libertarianism that caused me to express surprise at your willingness to consider what an anarchist has to say, and I must say, you provide above (and below) the perfect exposure of that misunderstanding.

The name of the site is "ZeroGov.com," and the header says, "An online journal by Bill Buppert devoted to the total abolition of slavery and the state." That is anarchist through and through, which is fine, he's still quite obviously a competent analyst and writer, but nowhere even approaching being a libertarian of any description.

His message is definitely thought provoking. I think that even the Buppert subscribes to some sort of governance in the form of self governance. I am not sure that a lefty anarchist subscribes to even self governance...just look at their personal hygiene.

Yes, well, of course, personal hygiene should be what determines the legitimacy of one's political ideology.
Roll_Eyes_Smiley_by_Mirz123-1.gif

Beyond that bit of meaningless minutia though, anarchists cannot, by definition, be "lefty," and there is no doubt whatsoever that their ideology includes only self-governance as the moral imperative for society to live by. Of course, it doesn't work, so I'm not an adherent, but I do understand it as the next step to the right of the smallest, least intrusive government possible as-envisioned by the Founding Fathers of this country when they created a representative republic.

It's been posted here several times, but the following video describes why anarchism is to the right of a republic on the ideological spectrum. This is a link to the original source, and the embedded video is about a third of that 30-minute piece on America produced by the John Birch Society several years ago. That full version was uploaded in 2012, but a DVD of it was part of a JBS fund-raising packet at least as far back as the 1990's.

Anyway, here's the 10+ minute excerpt:

Like I said Jim, that was a great link you posted. It wasn't great because the guy is an anarchist, a republican or a libertarian, it was great because he shared insight with which folk from many ideologies can relate. I wish you could see that that's enough regardless of the labels you believe apply to his politics.

Blues

Sharptons never gonna let a change to create hate pass him by!...He is a racist scum bag piece of ***** who is wasting our oxygen!

He is the product of a defective genie pool.

Good reason for abortion!

I finally took the time to read the article the OP posted. It brought to mind some you tube videos I recently found while googling about some other things. One was a young girl in the army warning of what our government is planning, telling citizens to prepare, and asking others in the military to remember their oath to defend the constitution of the U.S.

I've never served in the military or as a cop - I'm just your average ignorant citizen. I thought the video was a little 'out there' but at the same time I'm aware that our gov't is becoming way too large and controlling. The videos also talked about government plans (worldwide and not just US) to reduce the population, which I've heard about before.

So, since I saw the above mentioned videos and read this article, I'm curious and maybe some of you who are or have been in the military can shed some light.

Since the President is the 'commander in chief' do military personnel take an oath to defend the constitution and is that what most in the military feel they are to do , or is the thinking more that they are to do what their commanding officers and the President tell them to do even if it is unconstitutional ?

And if things go really bad like some of these folks are warning and the gov't starts to blatantly kill citizens, are veterans and even active duty military personnel more likely to defend the constitution and fight on the side of americans, or would they more likely side with the government and the powers that be ?

I finally took the time to read the article the OP posted. It brought to mind some you tube videos I recently found while googling about some other things. One was a young girl in the army warning of what our government is planning, telling citizens to prepare, and asking others in the military to remember their oath to defend the constitution of the U.S.

I've never served in the military or as a cop - I'm just your average ignorant citizen. I thought the video was a little 'out there' but at the same time I'm aware that our gov't is becoming way too large and controlling. The videos also talked about government plans (worldwide and not just US) to reduce the population, which I've heard about before.

So, since I saw the above mentioned videos and read this article, I'm curious and maybe some of you who are or have been in the military can shed some light.

Since the President is the 'commander in chief' do military personnel take an oath to defend the constitution and is that what most in the military feel they are to do , or is the thinking more that they are to do what their commanding officers and the President tell them to do even if it is unconstitutional ?

And if things go really bad like some of these folks are warning and the gov't starts to blatantly kill citizens, are veterans and even active duty military personnel more likely to defend the constitution and fight on the side of americans, or would they more likely side with the government and the powers that be ?
No one joined the military to get rich. Job security? Yes, at least when Republicans control something. Patriotism? Most did. Not ready for college and had the wherewithal to realize they needed to mature first? Most definitely for many (including myself). We all took that oath but, then again, so did Obama... For the most part, the average soldier and sailor believes in it, and most have seen that the problems the military faces mostly come from the gub'ment sticking their fingers in to stir things up.

God says about this Last Generation... "At that time there will be great suffering, the kind that hasn't happened from the beginning of the world until now and certainly won't ever happen again". God also says..."The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is"? If you're (Left Behind) still around in another year, maybe two, you'll be able to witness it for yourself. The Bible tells us that "Man's Wisdom Is Foolishness To God", therefor, if one is wise then one won't put one's faith in man. However, if one we're wise then one wouldn't have been Left Behind. Good luck.

Life Is Good. :victory:

~ Yesterday's Prophecies - Today's Headlines ~

No one joined the military to get rich. Job security? Yes, at least when Republicans control something. Patriotism? Most did. Not ready for college and had the wherewithal to realize they needed to mature first? Most definitely for many (including myself). We all took that oath but, then again, so did Obama... For the most part, the average soldier and sailor believes in it, and most have seen that the problems the military faces mostly come from the gub'ment sticking their fingers in to stir things up.
And it is the Senior NCOs that will make the difference. But sadly, many are being booted out as the gov't has decided that welfare programs are worth more than trained military leaders. And look what happened after Stalin took over and WW II started. It took a while for a leadership comeback.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back