Colored designer guns

It doesn't matter what color it is as long as it works when you need it!

Sent from my SM-G900T using USA Carry mobile app

htt
8452973976_0f20e19f5b_c.jpg

So the home invader can see exactly where to aim....

Be good for finding it yourself though.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah that was meant as a joke. I have seen glow in the dark (zombie) grips though for 1911's and some revolvers. I think too that colored guns would be more noticeable to BG's than just an all black one.

I figured as much. Most of the guys and gals on here would agree that it would be less than prudent for your weapon to glow in the dark.

I don't see a problem wth colored guns, or even glow in the dark guns. Reminds me of the open carrier getting shot first argument...just holds no value or evidence.

Why do people worry about what others want so much? If someone had a hello kitty gun, , I'm all for it, another gun in the hands of a civilian.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

Understand. I could care less what color pistol a person wants. Go for it.

I'm just saying that a glow in the dark pistol would put you at a tactical disadvantage.

I'm just saying that a glow in the dark pistol would put you at a tactical disadvantage.

I suppose if you were searching for someone, in hopes to surprisingly shoot or detain them...a bad guy breaking into my house will not notice a glow in the dark gun when I'm shooting at him after he breaks down the wrong door....maybe that's just me.

Sort of in the same way a light or laser attached to the gun would right? The BG can spot your light emission before you spot him. Glow in the dark grips or frame would probably effect your night vision too

I suppose if you were searching for someone, in hopes to surprisingly shoot or detain them...a bad guy breaking into my house will not notice a glow in the dark gun when I'm shooting at him after he breaks down the wrong door....maybe that's just me.

I would venture to say ones hands would cover most of it up but I don't think I would opt for that option.

Sort of in the same way a light or laser attached to the gun would right? The BG can spot your light emission before you spot him. Glow in the dark grips or frame would probably effect your night vision too

I would venture to say ones hands would cover most of it up but I don't think I would opt for that option.

I have a light and laser on all my firearms. Used properly, they definitely give me an upper hand.

The key to that statement being 'used properly'. Even when used properly they still have some negative impact, the techniques you employ during their use is meant to mitigate the risk involved in their use. You, for example, feel the pros outweigh the cons in their use. Aiding in target id being what I consider to be chief among the pros. Others consider them to be too much of a liability. Regardless, lights and lasers can be turned off, a glow in the dark weapon, not so much. That glow in the dark weapon is a light source that is difficult to hide at best. At worst, it is a beacon that costs you your life. I think a person would be better served by tritium sights, they glow enough to be able to find the weapon but don't exposed a light source to the bg under most conditions.

The key to that statement being 'used properly'. Even when used properly they still have some negative impact, the techniques you employ during their use is meant to mitigate the risk involved in their use. You, for example, feel the pros outweigh the cons in their use. Aiding in target id being what I consider to be chief among the pros. Others consider them to be too much of a liability. Regardless, lights and lasers can be turned off, a glow in the dark weapon, not so much. That glow in the dark weapon is a light source that is difficult to hide at best. At worst, it is a beacon that costs you your life. I think a person would be better served by tritium sights, they glow enough to be able to find the weapon but don't exposed a light source to the bg under most conditions.

To each their own. :p

Back to topic:
Link Removed half a dozen different colors, none real flashy, but stylish(?)

Spikes has an AR marketed to women, though I don't see as it's really any lighter than many: Link Removed
Press release about it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back