Cobra Carry?

Boomer

Last night I was thumbing through our DVD collection when I stumbled across Cobra. Ya’ll remember that 80’s Sylvester Stallone movie?

Anyway I remembered how he carried his 1911 & I wondered about the legality of it (wisdom, safety & comfort aside).

images

Would this be a legal OC?? Don’t worry I have no intentions of doing it, this is more of an academic discussion. :biggrin:

I'm not a legal hairsplitter, but I'd guess - since about half the gun is showing - it's Open Carry, until the first time that shirt swings forward and covers it. Then you have Concealed Carry. But local Prosecutors' opinions may vary. :wink:

Don't know about Kentucky, but in NV that would be cc and a permit would be required. If any part of the gun is concealed here, it is considered concealed.

If I recall the movie correctly, Stallone played an LEO. As such the regular rules of legality which apply to the rest of us didn't apply to him. Seems to me, though, that it would be an uncomfortable way to drive a car!

If I recall the movie correctly, Stallone played an LEO. As such the regular rules of legality which apply to the rest of us didn't apply to him. Seems to me, though, that it would be an uncomfortable way to drive a car!

I agree, you wouldn't want to shoot your bore snake off.:sarcastic:

Unless you have all the children you want that would not be a good idea legal or not.

I agree, you wouldn't want to shoot your bore snake off.:sarcastic:

:lol::lol::lol::haha:

When I 1st started carrying I used to carry my 1911 in a SOB holster. Every time I got in a car I was worried I would have an accidental discharge & pierce a butt cheek!

Still CC my 1911 SOB or shoulder. Comfort level is about the same unless I'm driving a long way. Then it's all shoulder. As for the Butt cheek thing, yep and I carry C&L. BUT (Pun intended) with all the safeties on the 1911 it won't pierce until the trigger is pulled/after the grip is firmly grabbed/after the thumb safety is released :>)

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

The Cobra carry style has that Don't F**K with me connotation associated with it. I have never felt comfortable about the true "Open Carry" style of loose in the pants.:fie:

The 1911 fits very nicely in this rig..

Link Removed

Link Removed

Feels good, comfortable to sit with in both chair or truck...

Peace...

legality depends on the state as stated in one state it might be considered OC (GA is that way) in another state it might be CC (MT) still not a smart idea in my book it goes to show how much each state can differ from the other and more the reason to check and read and then check again on the state your in or visiting.

Another thing to consider here is does your state require a holster. I know OH does and you cant carry without a holster. I have carried this way and I do prefer Appendix carry as its way more comfortable and much easier to maintain control of your weapon. Meaning if someone bump checks you and your carrying on the hip then the gigs up. Appendix carry is kinda hard to bump check. But to each his own, I for one am confident and have no problems with this type of carry with my 1911's. I carry this way with other weapons as well. Just have to keep your digit out of the trigger hole.

I love the Movie Cobra..... His car is sweet.... I would not carry a gun like he does though...But since he is a LEO, and of course in this movie, hes a rogue bad@$$ LEO, I dont think it would matter how he carried it lol/// You could not carry like that in SC though.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back