CCW Holder shot by LVMPD - Justified?????

Nevadans don't have much faith in the coroner's inquest process. As a result The I-Team: Calls for Reform of Coroner's Inquest Process Grows
Here's the link
Link Removed
supposed to be televised on the Clark County cable channel per LVRJ
I believe thats for COX cable subscribers only ( channel 1 IIRC)

Come on there guns were unholstered and pointed at him What was he going to do go for his gun unholster it point and shoot a couple of leos that were already aiming at him They were unjustified in shooting It seems he was just showing them he was armed And even if he wasn't they had plenty of time to shoot if he went for his weapon I hope and pray These LEOS are taken off the streets they should not be allowed to carry weapons

From what I was reading from this thread, this isn't the first time this type of incident has happend in NV. I hope this gets fix when someone new gets elected.

I can agree with everyone for all of their replies except for those who exhibit a hostility and anger that goes beyond any kind of norm as far as I am concerned. I look forward to a final resolution and, if proven reckless, the police and the city better be prepared for their reckoning. The only thing that bothers me is what did this guy do in the first place that prompted so many people to complain and push this issue until police responded. There is something wrong here and unlike those who are part of an apparent lynching party when they know NOTHING ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED SINCE THEY WERE NOT THERE AND ARE ONLY RELYING ON RUMORS, INNUENDOES, AND ASSORTED GARBAGE, how this all started certainly has a bearing on the case, but is not an excuse for the shooting IF he acted in an appropriate manner and heeded the commands of the police and still was shot. I still find it difficult to believe that many of these repliers display such antipathy toward the police--I surely hope you keep that in check if, god forbid, you find yourself in a conflicting situation with police, and exhibit this kind of aggressive hostility; it will not be to your benefit.

I can agree with everyone for all of their replies except for those who exhibit a hostility and anger that goes beyond any kind of norm as far as I am concerned. I look forward to a final resolution and, if proven reckless, the police and the city better be prepared for their reckoning. The only thing that bothers me is what did this guy do in the first place that prompted so many people to complain and push this issue until police responded. There is something wrong here and unlike those who are part of an apparent lynching party when they know NOTHING ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED SINCE THEY WERE NOT THERE AND ARE ONLY RELYING ON RUMORS, INNUENDOES, AND ASSORTED GARBAGE, how this all started certainly has a bearing on the case, but is not an excuse for the shooting IF he acted in an appropriate manner and heeded the commands of the police and still was shot. I still find it difficult to believe that many of these repliers display such antipathy toward the police--I surely hope you keep that in check if, god forbid, you find yourself in a conflicting situation with police, and exhibit this kind of aggressive hostility; it will not be to your benefit.

Did you read the whole thread? I agree with you that some people are bashing the police a lil too much but I can also understand why everyone is feeling that way towards them. There's always going to be thiese kind of opinions from people that wasn't there because they wasn't there, all they can go by is what's been said in the news and from witnesses. If the shooting was justified the tapes and the atopsy would of been done and out to the publica long time ago. I'm in law enforcement (Federal) and I know if we had a situation like this and we were in the wrong our lawyers and advisers would stall as long as they could so they can figure out the best angel to go about handeling this situation. All everyone can do is wait and see what happens from here out. I just hope that who ever is guilty in this situation gets what they have coming.

Did you read the whole thread? I agree with you that some people are bashing the police a lil too much but I can also understand why everyone is feeling that way towards them. There's always going to be thiese kind of opinions from people that wasn't there because they wasn't there, all they can go by is what's been said in the news and from witnesses. If the shooting was justified the tapes and the atopsy would of been done and out to the publica long time ago. I'm in law enforcement (Federal) and I know if we had a situation like this and we were in the wrong our lawyers and advisers would stall as long as they could so they can figure out the best angel to go about handeling this situation. All everyone can do is wait and see what happens from here out. I just hope that who ever is guilty in this situation gets what they have coming.

Yes, I agree with this statement as well. However, I think its a real shame when any law enforcement agency has to resort to this tactic of stalling so they can figure out the best way to CYA. If any citizen had done something like this they would still be in jail awaiting trial and the 911 recordings and video would have been played 24/7 on the news.

It is shame BigSlick. I hate to say it but thats the world we live at now. From what I've noticed in my job is that everyone that is in a high position ( i.e. Chief, Captains, Executive Staff) are always trying to cover their own butts in everything they do instead of doing what they are supposed to be doing, you know like their jobs. I don't see this getting resolved any time soon and when it those it isn't going to be what everyone's expecting. They are going to do it in the low and you won't know what really happend because there is going to be lawyers and kinds of legal paperwork involved. I really hope that the right thing gets done because it would be trully messed up if they don't do the right thing in this situation.

They'll do what they are doing. Continuing to drag their feet at every single opportunity until public interest wains, at which point any wrong doing will be much easier to get away with simply because there will be no more public outcry, or at least far less of it. The real crime is the 4 or however many that actually dropped the hammer on this poor guy will continue to wear guns and badges, and most likely retire with a damn good pension paid for by the taxpayers. That is the real crime. Bill T.

This has nothing to do with the case but a Dr. prescribed prednisone one time for a shoulder injury. After a couple of days I had to quit that stuff and then went into withdrawal. I called his office and told the nurse that I had quit taking it and she said "You can't do that"! I said "I know that now". That was the weirdest feeling I have ever had and learned that I was of a group that can't take it. It didn't make me go into any kind of rage or anything lilke that but I had lost control of my whole body and had no sensation of my arms or legs being any part of my body. If he was taking that many different drugs there is a good chance that he really didn't understand what the cops were ordering him to do and definitely wasn't thinking clearly.

A very bad situation. :mad:

I find the recent replies about drugs to be very interesting. Funny that no one trashing the LEOs and calling for their heads knew any of this drug information about the young man before they began their insinuations. As a I said in my last reply, if the LV LEOs were at fault, letum hang for all I care--it's just the fact that these repliers really knew nothing, and the incidents leading to the LEOs even being called and then the shooting just did not make any sense--and if it does not make any sense, odds are an out and out execution does not either. I have seen cases of fatal traffic accidents that have taken months before official reports have been issued--it is not called "coverup", it is called "due diligence". You may disagree with me but getting personal is ridiculous and I will be the first one to say to the LEO naysayers that you were right and I was wrong.

This has nothing to do with the case but a Dr. prescribed prednisone one time for a shoulder injury. After a couple of days I had to quit that stuff and then went into withdrawal. I called his office and told the nurse that I had quit taking it and she said "You can't do that"! I said "I know that now". That was the weirdest feeling I have ever had and learned that I was of a group that can't take it. It didn't make me go into any kind of rage or anything lilke that but I had lost control of my whole body and had no sensation of my arms or legs being any part of my body. If he was taking that many different drugs there is a good chance that he really didn't understand what the cops were ordering him to do and definitely wasn't thinking clearly.

A very bad situation. :mad:
My Mom had emphysema and to help her be strong enough to breath she was on prednisone. If you decide to come off of this drug you must do it gradually or deal with weird affects. It made my mother paranoid, nervous and a bit hallucinatory if she came off of it too fast.

I find the recent replies about drugs to be very interesting.

I'll just bet you do. Look kelcarry, no one is "trashing" anyone, or "calling for LEO's heads", or any of this other personally concocted bull$h!t you keep throwing around this board. I agree with you, if they're guilty let 'em hang. But you're simply reaching in an half a$$ed attempt to defend them. The very fact of the matter is you don't know if they're "innocent" anymore than I do they are guilty. Let's only look at what we know.

1.) This man was a West Point graduate with an impeccable record. As was mentioned by others, these guys are trained to follow orders impeccably. In the history of West Point how many of their graduates have pulled guns on LEO's?

2.) The LVPD has had a continual history of this sort of thing. There has NEVER been a wrongful shooting laid at their doorstep of this department in how many shootouts over a period of how many years?

3.) The cops are dragging their feet refusing to say anything to anyone for coming up on 3 MONTHS NOW.

4.) Witnesses have come forth since this shooting all stating they saw no weapon in his hand at the time he was shot.

Now, I'm not saying these guys should be filleted and fried based on only that, but it doesn't look very good. This family deserves answers that the police simply refuse to give. They deserve more respect than that, as does Eric Scott. No one is getting it, and the cops appear to care less about any of it. There appears to be CYA going on here all the way up to the top. If not, then let them prove otherwise. But they are going to have to SPEAK to do it. It's as simple as that. But still nothing. You are the one who is bringing "drug use" into this based on your complete lack of knowledge of what, if anything he was in fact taking, let alone what effect it may or may not have had on him. I, like many want to know why the police are wearing out the soles of their shoes dragging them. Now, if that is "bashing" in your book, and or "calling for their heads", you need to stop typing and purchase a dictionary. Bill T.

My Mom had emphysema and to help her be strong enough to breath she was on prednisone. If you decide to come off of this drug you must do it gradually or deal with weird affects. It made my mother paranoid, nervous and a bit hallucinatory if she came off of it too fast.

It was while I was taking it that I felt so weird. I had no sensation at all that my hands were even connected to my body. When I stopped I went into the DT's like an addict coming down off of a high. I took a few more to try and taper off but that was the last I took of that. The Dr. said that some people jist have an unusual reaction to it and shouldn't take it. Since then I have found that I have problems with any type of steroid and avoid them if I can. When you have had shoulder, neck and knee surgery and are working on having back surgery you search for alternatives. I can handle hydrocodone but not oxycodone or morphine. My options are getting smaller all the time.

Did anyone see it today? I have been busy all day and I didn't get a chance to see what happend.

Yep, Whole thing.
Started with jury; 4 were ousted, one for being a LVMPD employee. 2 of the 7 jurors are CCW holders. Did not look good for Erik's family. Doctor testimonies all day made him look like a substance abuser and a felon for getting perscription drugs from multiple doctors. The last doc was badgered as the pusher for his knowledge of it. The one witness that did testify today was an 89 year old lady who does'nt know anything about guns but said she was distracted when the officers clip hit the ground. Hmmm doesn't know the differance between a revolver or a semi auto but knows what a clip or magazine is????? Continues tomorrow, very one sided though.

Yep, Whole thing.
Started with jury; 4 were ousted, one for being a LVMPD employee. 2 of the 7 jurors are CCW holders. Did not look good for Erik's family. Doctor testimonies all day made him look like a substance abuser and a felon for getting perscription drugs from multiple doctors. The last doc was badgered as the pusher for his knowledge of it. The one witness that did testify today was an 89 year old lady who does'nt know anything about guns but said she was distracted when the officers clip hit the ground. Hmmm doesn't know the differance between a revolver or a semi auto but knows what a clip or magazine is????? Continues tomorrow, very one sided though.

I watched about 4 hours today. I was surprised they didn't call his babysitter from the 70's to testify that he took children's aspirin. That lady at the end that was distracted by the "clip" hitting the ground was too much. I would think all those gunshots would have been enough to distract her since she claims to have been only 8 feet from Mr. Scott but it was the "clip" hitting the ground that sent her running back inside Costco to hide. Strange she didn't see or hear the other cops that fired their weapons so I guess they weren't really there. Yes, it is very one sided from what I witnessed today. I hope they call some of the other witnesses that said he didn't pull a weapon. But I think we will only hear from the ones who confirm the cops story. Will be watching tomorrow.

It is a shame that people are still defending this guy. The inquest is not over, but it is onesided, I agree. Onesided in the sense that witnesses are saying he pulled his gun (this is not new. LVRJ reported and quoted at least some witnesses within days of the shooting verifying this), he was an addict with lethal amounts of drugs in his system, ( 4 x the lethal amount of morphine, wonder how he built up to that amount?)was unable to walk straight, he threatened to shoot an unarmed man because of his dog, at least one dr refused to prescribe him more drugs because he went through in two weeks, a 4 week supply, he was depressed, and even tried to illegally obtain more prescription drugs.

It would be amazing to me if metro had gotten all these people together to conspire with lies to cover up their role. Impressive, yes, but unlikely.

Still, on his behalf is the scott family atty, who said a witness looked "nervous" and that scott was an "upstanding guy" .

I am not trashing a man who apparently diligently served his country and suffered a broken back, causing excruciating pain. I am repeating information (facts) from the articles below.
CORONER'S INQUEST: 911 tape: Scott was angry, couldn't walk straight before shooting - News - ReviewJournal.com

CORONER'S INQUEST: Scott portrayed in inquest as depressed man addicted to painkillers - News - ReviewJournal.com

I am STILL giving him the benefit of the doubt until all the information is in. The cops deserve the same, whether anyone is going to give it or not.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back