ccw holder accident at walmart

~OtisM~

Banned
Wonder if it was in a holster. Hilarious that he ran away. Dumbass. Also, isnt it 'in line' not 'online'? Bwhahahahahah

[video]http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/24/texas-man-accidentally-fires-gun-in-walmart/?test=latestnews[/video]

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/24/texas-man-accidentally-fires-gun-in-walmart/?test=latestnews

damn.......well,i really don't what to say,except,damn. please know what the hell you are doing when you carry,if not ,don't.

When you chose to carry quit watching Hollywood for how to do it and buy and use good equipment. Practice safety all the time.

The lesson from this story: If you are going to carry a firearm, take responsibility for that firearm, and your own actions, negligent or intentional. There is no such thing as an "accident" take responsibility, and if you aren't willing to do so, don't own firearms. It's that freaking simple, It is moron's like this guy that hurt the rest of us, especially when they run like a cowardly criminal.

There are two type of gun owners...those that have had a negligent discharge, and those that are going to have a negligent discharge. Use proper equipment and don't get complacent and you'll be one of the latter for a good, long time.

Carrying a gun is an enormous responsibility and shouldn't be taken lightly. It sounds like the gun was in his pocket, but the trigger was not protected. That's inexcusable. We as CCW license holders need to ensure that we maintain a higher level of safety awareness if we intend to go out in public with a loaded weapon.

Regardless of the circumstances, he should have been man enough to admit his fault and accept the consequences, not run away. This just adds fuel to the anti-gun fire.

... and this is part of the reason I will never pocket-carry in the same pocket as other items.

As more people get concealed carry licenses there will be more of these, not per capita of gun owners but in raw total because there is no IQ test required to receive a license. And just as if you fail to maintain control of your car and hurt someone "by accident", you might be charged with a crime if you fail to maintain control of your weapon. Meaning not discharging when you don't want it to. Negligence is in the eye of the beholder.

Pockets are no place for guns without manual safeties, and even then the safety can be disengaged by car keys etc. that are also in your pocket. In my opinion pockets that aren't designed as holsters are no place for guns period. Get a holster. They make them that reside completely inside the waistband, several styles.

This article says he was carrying in a holster.
Canady, who Dallas police said has a Concealed Handgun License, accidentally pulled the trigger of his Springfield .40-caliber semi-automatic pistol. It was holstered inside his pants, a sergeant told News 8.
Link Removed

Link Removed

According to the linked article, the guy was carrying a Springfield 40. I don't own a Springfield, but my understanding is that they have both a grip safety and a trigger safety. I find it hard to believe that you can "accidentally" discharge that weapon, especially if it were in a holster.

Link Removed

According to the linked article, the guy was carrying a Springfield 40. I don't own a Springfield, but my understanding is that they have both a grip safety and a trigger safety. I find it hard to believe that you can "accidentally" discharge that weapon, especially if it were in a holster.

I know, I would have thought it was a glock since Glocks have zero safeties. Got rid of my glock when it went off by itself while it was sitting on my kitchen counter. I didn't even look at it.

I know, I would have thought it was a glock since Glocks have zero safeties. Got rid of my glock when it went off by itself while it was sitting on my kitchen counter. I didn't even look at it.

You are so full of crap your eyes are brown.
The only safety that's needed with a Glock is the one in between your ears...enough said.

You Freaking Troll!
~SMFH~

They do have a grip safety... the main reason I chose my XD-40sc instead of a Glock. There is no way it should have been able to go off if it was in a proper holster with a trigger guard. The way I'm reading this the guy was fondling his gun while it was in an improperly sized holster in his pocket. I have zero tolerance with that type of piss poor firearm safety.

You are so full of crap your eyes are brown.
The only safety that's needed with a Glock is the one in between your ears...enough said.

You Freaking Troll!
~SMFH~

Outlaw? So I can keep carrying my G19c and G22 without the worry of a "ghost fire?"
My ass has gone off without any warning but my Glocks require a trigger pull to be fired. Who Knew?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back