Carrying Options - I just can't find the right one!!

I would bet it was not the holsters fault!

I would agree.... Operator Error. :yes4:

Although....the Flash Bang is a great idea. I just don't see it as the best option. And I say that because..... IWB and OWB require a nice sturdy belt to hold up the extra weight.
With the Flash Bang - you should be required to buy a special bra to help support it. Bras come in various sizes, shapes, styles, etc..... and they're not designed to hold something at the center point. Depending on fitment, bra size, bra integrity....I can picture the holster flopping around and not staying in the upright position (as it should).

Granted, I haven't tried it..... or maybe I'm just over thinking it..... More often than not - between an oversized or undersized bra fitment, the girls flop around on their own and you don't need an extra 2lbs (example) in there. But that's just me.....

The first video was shot at the Midwest City PD training range.

Woman shoots herself while adjusting bra holster:

Link Removed

Greetings Ladies...

I'm not necessarily new to the carrying thing - although, I haven't carried on a regular basis simply because I haven't found an ideal method for the life I live.

I have a Bodyguard currently but am planning to get a P938 here soon. I have a CC purse which I don't (and haven't) used (GTM-0028 if anyone is interested, I'd sell it). I'd rather carry on-body. A couple years ago, I've done a lot of research of my options.... and just haven't found the ideal carry.

I have a Remora which I appendix carry in my travels to-from work (right handed). For this application, it needs to be a quick and easy removal and install (so to speak). But...for everything else, where I can put it on and leave it there for extended periods.... I've thought about appendix, side, back...etc. My mid section is somewhat small (it seems anyway) that there's not enough room to cleanly draw from the side (I wear Mommy jeans). I've thought about appendix cross draw but couldn't find a holster with enough cant. Maybe I just need to find something between my side & back OR straight appendix and not worry about the cant.

Has anyone ever gone to a good gun store/retailer who has a women there who can 'fit' you with something? We have a really great store locally and I've talked to one of the women already...just never to be 'fitted'.

I know...I know.. the mommy jeans..... should probably go. LOL

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

Has any one tryed the undergarment( pants) holster. I was thinking about those.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app

Has any one tryed the undergarment( pants) holster. I was thinking about those.

I don't have the pants, but I have the undergarment shirt with built in shoulder holsters...they work but get pretty hot. I'm not much into tight clothing so I don't wear them anymore.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

I don't want any tight garments because I have hip problems . That would probably aggrevate it. If I don't find a holster that will be my last resort. The shirt - LOOKS great but I'm 4"11 so have a very short torso. There just not enough room.

Arikk,
Perhaps you should go to a gun shop that sells a good variety of holsters and try a Behind The Back Holster. If they don't offer such try a holster like a IWB or OWB holster and if your right handed use a left hand holster, or the opposite if you left handed. Also there is such a thing and a adjustable cant holster that will work. These should be easily covered by a jacket, sweater, or shirt worn outside. Good luck.

Sr9 that's what I was going for. Because I can shoot left or right doesn't really matter. However I shoot ahpp

I should say carry on the same side ever day to be smooth and consistent. When I'm at the range I will practice with both hands.

Texas has not gotten OC yet so I have to carry concealed every day. Ideally, we would always wear the same style clothing so the same holster works all the time but until life is fair...There are a lot of options out there. For a great comfortable concealment under work or jeans, I use a Can Can Holster which I can conceal full size framed firearms if I want. Positioning is great because there are no rules. Down side: reholstering if you have to draw. Flashbang Holsters hust came out with a new IWB for cross body draw. Awesome hybrid. I second the suggestion of consulting the Cornered Cat website. Kathy Jackson does a great job discusding these issues.

Oh, and a reinforced gun belt is crucial to good carrying, open or concealed.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using USA Carry mobile app

I don't have the pants, but I have the undergarment shirt with built in shoulder holsters...they work but get pretty hot. I'm not much into tight clothing so I don't wear them anymore.

I, also have a number of the concealment t's from abetterholster.com (both crew and "V" necked) and have had them for a while. They are comfortable (the idea is to buy a size larger than you normally wear.) I just got a new Sig P938, so will try that pistol with them. Although am using the Kydex holster which came with the weapon currently.

mtnsniper;567239 said:
I, also have a number of the concealment t's from abetterholster.com (both crew and "V" necked) and have had them for a while. They are comfortable (the idea is to buy a size larger than you normally wear.) I just got a new Sig P938, so will try that pistol with them. Although am using the Kydex holster which came with the weapon currently.

I open carry now and buy clothing that fits me.

Concealed Carry Purse Holster My Wife Uses

My wife carries concealed in her purse. She prefers to carry in her own designer bags using a concealed carry purse holster platform.

The platform she uses fits into any purse and keeps the firearm nice and snug against one side of the purse, thus protecting it from all other contents of the purse. It has a universal holster that fits any firearm. Or she can actually even attach her existing holster with belt loops to the platform itself for a more familiar draw.

This is the concealed carry purse platform she uses and she loves it, hope this helps!!!: Here is a link to the concealed carry purse holster my wife uses

My wife carries concealed in her purse. She prefers to carry in her own designer bags using a concealed carry purse holster platform.

The platform she uses fits into any purse and keeps the firearm nice and snug against one side of the purse, thus protecting it from all other contents of the purse. It has a universal holster that fits any firearm. Or she can actually even attach her existing holster with belt loops to the platform itself for a more familiar draw.

This is the concealed carry purse platform she uses and she loves it, hope this helps!!!: Here is a link to the concealed carry purse holster my wife uses

You joined TODAY and your first two (and probably last) posts are pure advertisement for a product that is on sale TODAY. The CrossBreed Holsters Purse Defender is simply a better product for the same price.

i use several different holsters and a couple of different guns so depending on the seasons and my clothing needs for the day, I can usually accommodate. When all else fails or you just need, there is always purse carry. Practice with whatever you choose. Often slipping on a light overshirt makes all the difference in the world.

As I've said before, I carry everyday with a Pro-Carry Deep Comfort Holster from a little company in Florida call simply The Holster Store. They make their own products there in Florida out of American materials and labor. Their prices are really reasonable and the shipping is fast. try theholsterstore.com , and look up what holsters they offer by you gun make and model. I have been using the same gun and holster combo everyday for about 3-4 years. That's comfort.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back