carjacking scenario

vxcfh4_th.jpg

2 USC Students Murdered During Attempted Carjacking Near Campus « CBS Los Angeles

Link Removed

Grand Blanc area woman killed during Flint Township carjacking | MLive.com

Murders of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And....your point is?

New Orleans police have arrested a 17-year-old in connection with the shooting of a Good Samaritan who died in front of his two sons while trying to stop a carjacking.

New Orleans police arrest 17-year-old in Good Samaritan shooting - CNN.com

Avonna Olson died trying to stop a man from stealing her minivan from her driveway near 36th West Avenue and West 3rd Street around 5:30 in the morning.

Link Removed

Oregon corrections officer Buddy Herron tried to stop carjacking when fatally stabbed, court files say | OregonLive.com

Link Removed

First let me say this, I’m on a motorcycle these days so I’m just going to drive between the cars and get away but in the spirit of the thread:

I’m going to go W/ SGB on this one, when I’m at a traffic light my head is on a swivel. I am constantly scanning and I can’t imagine anyone approaching my car W/out me noticing it. I am aware that there is a difference between someone crossing the road near my car and someone who is approaching my car and if you are approaching my car you are a threat and I’m going to respond like you are a threat.

IMO if the fact that I am clearly alert and have picked up the carjacker before he is able to start the actual attack doesn’t stop him he’s not there for the car, he’s there for me. And I'm going to fight back.

For your sake I hope that nobody ever approaches your car to ask for directions.

In Massachusetts it's unlawful to use deadly force to defend property. IE: a car.

In Colorado three things must be present for Make My Day to apply

Illegal entry, Commision of a second felony in addition to the illegal entry, and presentation of any threat how ever slight.

A car jacking covers all three.

For your sake I hope that nobody ever approaches your car to ask for directions.

Do you suppose that I would just let them walk up to the car and open fire? Wouldn't it make more sense for me to ask them their business while they're approaching me? Did I ever say that I would present the firearm before they made an overt hostile move?

Anyway, as I stated in the same post this is all pretty acedemic because I'm on a bike and I've never heard of one of them being jacked

You really think SYG will get you out of any shooting? Hint: George Zimmerman
i understand rich what you are saying but still i'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6 if i can help it which i think zimmerman if his story pans out as what happened is justifiable shooting imo

Illegal entry, Commision of a second felony in addition to the illegal entry, and presentation of any threat how ever slight.

Do you suppose that I would just let them walk up to the car and open fire? Wouldn't it make more sense for me to ask them their business while they're approaching me? Did I ever say that I would present the firearm before they made an overt hostile move?

Anyway, as I stated in the same post this is all pretty acedemic because I'm on a bike and I've never heard of one of them being jacked

Oh...I dunno...but when I see this:

if you are approaching my car you are a threat and I’m going to respond like you are a threat.

I tend to wonder.

Well.....now you have:

The victim was on his motorcycle, he told deputies, when a woman pulled him from it near Hammondville Road and Dixie Highway. She ran away while another man jumped on the motorcycle and took off.

Deputies recover motorcycle stolen during Pompano Beach robbery - Sun Sentinel

i understand rich what you are saying but still i'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6 if i can help it which i think zimmerman if his story pans out as what happened is justifiable shooting imo

Dont want to get sidetracked on another Zimmerman thread. He will *probably* be tried by 12 if he does not cop a plea first.

All BS aside, you actually do *not* want to be "tried by 12" ever.

Whatever you do should keep you safe from that also. That's the whole idea of training.

even the most trained can be held up or find themselves in a situation shoobie you can be in a mall or store when someone pulls a gun or shooting happens or standing in line at a bank when someone draws a gun on a teller or your even.....and even if someone is pointing a gun in your face or at your back you still have a fighting chance to disarm and protect yourself shoobie doo.....thugs rely on the element of surprise and even the most vigilante can be taken by surprise ......and that is where defense tactics come to play

Now who's wasting energy on a hopeless cause? :laugh:

Rich I gotta ask if you won’t shoot at a criminal who is approaching you with a gun why in the Hell do you even bother to carry a gun?

First of all let’s not forget there’s a thing called a continuum of force that starts with “Hey, stay out of my space.” which is almost certain to stop anyone who doesn’t have malicious intent from approaching you.

That said since in this scenario it’s a given that the person isn’t approaching my to ask for directions I am going to meet force with force because I don’t know what the bad guy intends. I don’t know if he intends to leave me alive after taking my property and the state of Colorado supports me in that.

i have a panic button on my truck auto opener. i think if i push it it disengages the vehicle for a while or something and makes the horn go off ......i'm going to have to look into that .....i never pressed it in the almost 3 years i owned the vehicle
anyone know how that works .......i have a ford sport trac.......

Sounds like an excellent scenario! I have a couple questions, were you able to drive away or were you blocked in? Were you still seat belted in when you went for your weapon, or was the seat belt off? I would not throw your keys out, maybe take them with you and once you get out, you could always run away. If there was a car in front of you, you could always bump it, causing a minor accident. This would certainly get others attention. Obviously, if you were the car in front, this is not possible. I like the option of driving away if it is possible. I always caution my students to never attempt to out draw a trigger squeeze. Moving the weapon off-line with empty techniques and then getting to your weapon might be a better option.

These are just my opinions. The best part of all of this, is that you are training and doing you best to learn how to win. I applaud you for your efforts. Great job! All the best. Steven PS. You can always email me a [email protected] if you have any other questions.

''I have a couple questions, were you able to drive away or were you blocked in? Were you still seat belted in when you went for your weapon, or was the seat belt off?''

blocked in front back and right side tight
belted in
no way to cut my wheels out and my gun was at 330which is a do able draw but like you said drawing would have got me shot
now had the gun been in the drivers door pocket i may have had a chance

Tough scenario! An option might be to just get out as requested and see if you have any windows opportunities. I am always looking for that little distraction or what I call a window of opportunity. Once it is identified, act quickly. Do something to capitalize on the opportunity. Thanks for sharing the scenario.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back