Can't ban guns? Just try banning ammo

Here's the Bill.......

S. 3458 and H.R. 6241, are known as the “Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act.” The bill itself has four elements:

(1) A federal licensing requirement for ammunition sellers;

(2) Record keeping on all ammunition sales;

(3) Reporting of all sales of more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition to anyone without a federal firearms license within five consecutive business days;

and (4) A photo identification requirement for all non-licensees buying ammunition, “effectively banning the online or mail order purchase of ammo by regular civilians.”

You've got to be kidding me. I don't know about the rest of the country, but there are some places in Arizona where you still have to show your I.D. to purchase Pseudoephed.......yet.......drug dealers are still making meth everyday. This will solve nothing.

Here's the Bill.......

S. 3458 and H.R. 6241, are known as the “Stop Online Ammunition Sales Act.” The bill itself has four elements:

(1) A federal licensing requirement for ammunition sellers;

(2) Record keeping on all ammunition sales;

(3) Reporting of all sales of more than 1,000 rounds of ammunition to anyone without a federal firearms license within five consecutive business days;

and (4) A photo identification requirement for all non-licensees buying ammunition, “effectively banning the online or mail order purchase of ammo by regular civilians.”

You've got to be kidding me. I don't know about the rest of the country, but there are some places in Arizona where you still have to show your I.D. to purchase Pseudoephed.......yet.......drug dealers are still making meth everyday. This will solve nothing.
Maybe we should ban doctors/hospitals and autos, as they result in more deaths per year than civilian owned guns do.

What gets me is everybody outraged that the Colorado shooter had SIX THOUSAND rounds of ammo. He didn't shoot 6,000 rounds. He couldn't even make a dent in it. What did he shoot, 100? So why does it matter how much he had in his car? Or the fact that he bought it online; he could have bought it in 500 round boxes at local stores without a second thought.

But, these laws aren't about common sense or protecting lives. It's first and foremost to make liberal law makers feel all warm and fuzzy inside that they are doing "the right thing". And ultimately to further chip away at legal gun owners while making everything gun-related more expensive.

Once again the morons in office are fighting to take your ammo or guns, unabridged second amendment, 1,000 rounds a week, Colorado red hair killer, spent over 4 months planing, assuming 1,000 a week and 30 days in a month ='s 16,000 rounds, lets wake up morons, he had a hundred round mag that jammed, ban criminals not guns, if you sit and listen to a politician speak you can bet he/she does not have you best interest in mind only theirs. I own and have owned full auto weapons, none of the guns or ammo I have owned have ever forced me to commit a robbery, rape or any other criminal act, but your car and you have killed over 50,000 people last year. Not owning a gun and wanting to take guns of any type away makes you a moron, same connection how does that fit.

No Kool-Aid, I just do not care about owning assault rifles as they are not IMO defense guns. I would not be angry if they had a 600 round max purchase per month on any cal ammo either. Some things must be done to stop idiots from killing people. To me handguns and maybe a shotgun are more than enough personal defense.

:victory:

So what's with stating that you want to impose your idea of "liberty" on us, and then flipping the peace sign? You think that's how it works? Disarm free men and women and then we'll have peace?

You don't even know what an "assault rifle" is. Seriously, you don't.

You also don't know why the 2nd Amendment was written, or what types of weapons the Founders intended it to apply to. Here's a hint: Whatever the military uses, that is what is necessary to be available to a free people to keep them free. The kind of "defense guns" that you speak of above, like your LCP or whatever pea-shooter you carry around to make yourself feel defensively prepared, are guns designed to defend one person against another. The 2nd Amendment was written to defend liberty against tyranny, and the weapons needed to do that go well beyond your so-called "assault rifles."

This is obviously way over your head though. There are literally millions of informed, accurate and truthful words on this site alone devoted to educating the subject-class of gun "enthusiasts," (that's you) and you've spent your time here ignoring them or not understanding them. You are wasting your time here.

Blues

I really don't know what our low life pieces of crap in congress don't understand about the second amendment. Keep track of their voting records and throw them out of office in November.

One of the major problems with the electorate is that besides being incredibly ignorant their votes can be bought for a very small government check. They are willing to sell their liberty very cheeply. If you do not pay INCOME tax you should not be able to vote in federal elections and decide how the money of productive people is spent. When this country was founded most states had property qualifications in order to vote. The idea that everyone must vote is a 20th century idea. The simple truth is that some people are just too stupid and ignorant to be allowed to vote. Before telling me this isn't democratic, you should know we are not a democracy and never have been. We are a republic supposedly based on merit. What is happenings today is why all republics and democracies fail and become dictatorships. These stupid egalitarian ideas that we have recently acquired are the seeds of our destruction. The Electoral College was an attempt to prevent this. The founders didn't trust the entire population and knew exactly why all democracies failed. In a democracy the majority always makes slaves out of the economic minority.

This is the problem... you're okay with another's rights being hindered as long as it doesn't affect YOUR personal "likes". NO!!! IF YOU SUPPORT THE 2A, YOU MUST SUPPORT IT ACROSS THE BOARD FOR EVERYONE!!! To do it any other way leaves the minority at the mercy of the majority. Our Republic, yes republic, is not a "majority rules" system... a majority rules system is poison to individual liberty!

You obviously do not understand the purpose of the 2A... please go educate yourself. Read The Second Amendment Primer, as well as our Founders literature about firearms and our gov't.

I would be more polite about it but agree on principal. That's how they did it in England, divide and concquer, they went after assault rifles first, then rifles, then shotguns and finally handguns. Each time many gun owners went along with it saying "Oh, that's okay I don't own any of THOSE".

What gets me is everybody outraged that the Colorado shooter had SIX THOUSAND rounds of ammo. He didn't shoot 6,000 rounds. He couldn't even make a dent in it. What did he shoot, 100? So why does it matter how much he had in his car? Or the fact that he bought it online; he could have bought it in 500 round boxes at local stores without a second thought.

But, these laws aren't about common sense or protecting lives. It's first and foremost to make liberal law makers feel all warm and fuzzy inside that they are doing "the right thing". And ultimately to further chip away at legal gun owners while making everything gun-related more expensive.

That's exactly what I said in an earlier post. Had this ban been in place it would have made no difference whatsorever in the CO shooting.

Today too many people vote for what's in it for me instead of for the good of the order. When you have an education system that is controlled and operated by special interest, labor union, and then require most citizens to take part in this system, it's no wonder a fair amount of the voting public doesn't have a clue.

Well, this brings up the big question.....

Does anyone know of an online source with the best prices or are they all pretty competitive? I've checked out luckygunner.com, cheaperthandirt.com, and bulkammo.com. They all seem to be relatively the same. Am I missing anything?

There's also Ammoman.com, but their prices are probably the same too. :frown:

Ban everything!! R-rated moveis, red hair dye, ammo, AR, pit bulls, sweet relish, singing cat videos, ....... UGH!! Get out and vote people, that's the only way to make your voice heard!

No Kool-Aid, I just do not care about owning assault rifles as they are not IMO defense guns. I would not be angry if they had a 600 round max purchase per month on any cal ammo either. Some things must be done to stop idiots from killing people. To me handguns and maybe a shotgun are more than enough personal defense.

600 rounds per month?!? That sure would affect legal shooting enthusiasts, but would it stop murders? Nope! It might prevent a shooter from shooting more than 600 people per month with the same caliber... But I don't think that's really a big problem.

So let me pose a question to you...

Say there is a Fair Grounds and 100's of folks are milling about....

Which could he have wiped out more with an AR-15....Semi-Automatic 223 cal rifle with 10 30 round mags.. (On I hunt with this but some folks call it an assault rifle....

Or a car running 70 miles per hour driven right into the crowd...

So you want to limit the speed of cars....Limit access to cars....

Ya know it is the cars fault as much as it is the gun and ammo...

That is like saying food makes you fat....and we should ban it like the idiot Bloomberg......

You can not save people from being stupid...They can kill you with a paperclip.....

Silly logic...

Gee, I guess I should be thinking about selling all my guns and divesting myself of my ammunition also. I may be subconsciously thinking of killing a bunch of people. Apparently the ammunition sellers in a local sporting goods store were not worried about me doing this when I purchased 10 bricks of .22 LR a few months back, when they were having a great sale. They did not seem concerned either, when I came back the next day, and bought ten more bricks of .22 LR. But after reading some of the posts here, I am beginning to question my sanity. -- Or perhaps the sanity of some other posters, I am not sure which anymore. Anyone have a nice stamp collection to trade for a decent firearms collection?

Gee, I guess I should be thinking about selling all my guns and divesting myself of my ammunition also. I may be subconsciously thinking of killing a bunch of people. Apparently the ammunition sellers in a local sporting goods store were not worried about me doing this when I purchased 10 bricks of .22 LR a few months back, when they were having a great sale. They did not seem concerned either, when I came back the next day, and bought ten more bricks of .22 LR. But after reading some of the posts here, I am beginning to question my sanity. -- Or perhaps the sanity of some other posters, I am not sure which anymore. Anyone have a nice stamp collection to trade for a decent firearms collection?

If you buying 20 bricks of .22 LR makes you crazy then I must be totally mad because I would have bought twice that much if that sale was that good. :smile:

Lmao...Hahahaha No stamps here but I have DVDs. Lots and lots of DVDs I would be willing to trade. But wait.....if a disk happens to break, it would most likely have sharp edges and that could KILL!!!! Guess we're going to have to ban those too. Especially the violent movies. Those are probably going to be more dangerous than the family ones somehow. The Boondock Saints.....wow....those guys are criminals. Better not let that disc get on to the streets. What am I going to do?!!!! There is so much stuff in my house that can kill you.

You do know that you are on a board populated by people who are dedicated to carrying firearms for self defense, Right? Why should any of us be constrained by your preference in arms?
To me handguns and maybe a shotgun are more than enough personal defense. If this works for you, fine. My situation may be different than yours. I may have lots of disposable income and want to dispose of it by sending it down range. You are the exact type of person the anti's love, narrow of focus and willing to trade away somebody else's rights to hold onto yours until they get to yours. You are the guy that they will use against us using the "reasonable man" standard while making "reasonable" gun laws.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men,
undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
-Thomas Paine
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...
Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides,
for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man...
-Thomas Jefferson
"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of
servitude better than the animating contest for freedom, go home
and leave us in peace. We seek not your council nor your arms.
Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you, and may posterity
forget that ye were our countrymen."
-Samuel Adams

Last edited:

Bad news... AR15's are not assault rifles. You have absolutely no idea what the Second Amendment is about.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back