California cracks me up

I downloaded tapatalk. And for those familiar with it. It's a giant culmination of forums- all broken into individual categories- such as health. Hunting. Automobiles. Etc.

I clicked on health & fitness and a plethora of marijuana growing communities popped up. People trading pics of their home grows. No judgement there- To each their own. And there is also the possibility that some of these people were legally growing for marijuana dispensaries- which got me thinking abt this ridiculous state called California.

This beautiful sunny state- where the government is always looking for new ways to disarm & further restrict their citizens - while keeping them high and complacent- all doped up with that strong govt grade Mary Jane. Sad.

I like to refer to CA as a "toilet state". It is, unfortunately, one of several "toilet states" in this country. You name the way to follow the sociopathic, narcissistic moslem communist little ****** in the whitehouse to total economic and moral ruin of the US, these toilet states stand ready to do so. If I can avoid visiting them or purchasing their wares I do so.

We moved fro California in May of this year to Utah and it is the best move I have ever made. California used to be a wonderful place to live. Today, it's ridiculously congested, unfriendly to business, has ridiculous taxes, and is one of the most oppressive states when it comes to gun ownership. I have no intention of ever moving back...

After living in kali for some 45 years and seeing it turn into a pure hell hole I escaped to Texas 3 years ago. Why didn't someone tell me about how great Texas is years ago? Only reason I go to Kali now is to see my son and Grandson.

California is perhaps one of the most beautiful places on earth to visit...but gee...Vietnam was the pearl of the orient! But in all fairness I will swap my house in the rolling hills of Virginia, one of the most gun friendly states in the union, for someone's coast community home which is located north of San Francisco...or any house in Hawaii.

I personally think it's pretty funny to read how torturous some people's existing is or was in Cali... I think if your life is truly that painful anywhere in this nation, you're probably doing something wrong. I can definitely imagine moving to Texas at some point... it's where I'm from. But, it's not like living in California has been painful. The anti gun laws are annoying. The cost of living is high. Still the weather is mild and I live around some very nice neighbors. Also, there has always been great employment opportunity for me in Cali.

:nono:My wife and I lived in CA most of our lives and moved to Colorado in 2010. Yes, we live in a conservative city so we are not too troubled, yet, by the libtards from Boulder and Denver. BTW, I applied for my CHP this last week and look forward to exercising my right to self protection. Something I know for a fact I would have never enjoyed in Los Angeles County, CA! :mad:

Well, at least CA has sunny weather, beaches, and beautiful scenery... here in upstate NY we have to same type of restrictive laws, and snow... lots of snow! :cray:

Well, at least CA has sunny weather, beaches, and beautiful scenery... here in upstate NY we have to same type of restrictive laws, and snow... lots of snow! :cray:

Compare Florida with CA, they always want to anyways. Florida has beaches, sunny weather, pretty scenery, no earthquakes, little in the way of gun control in comparison, no smog, little snow, and better Avocados and Oranges. Take that CA.

Here's some other fun california laws- Besides the 10 day waits, bullet button mag- (wait.. is that still legal? or is that out too now, since it involves detaching a mag. on your ARs), and mag capacity restrictions:

Cats and dogs are not allowed to have sex without a permit. Ventura County, CA
If robbing a bank, shooting at the teller with a water gun is prohibited. LA County
Males may not dress as a female unless a special permit is obtained from the sheriff. Walnut, CA (hey- maybe that one isn't too shabby hehe)

ok all kidding aside:

SB 53 by Sen. Kevin de León, D-Los Angeles, to create new state permits that require background checks for buyers of ammunition. Buyers will also have to submit to a $50 permit fee to buy Ammo. An additional 10 percent tax on all ammunition sold in California - Did this get passed? If so... what does the process involve if one were to purchase ammo in Cali? whats the current tax that you read on a receipt when u purchase ammo?

The state Department of Justice must notify local law enforcement agencies when a person purchases more than 3,000 rounds of ammunition: does this include .22LR?

SB 47 by Sen. Leland Yee, D-San Francisco, bans so-called “bullet buttons” that are used to get around current laws banning detachable magazines: oops ok- so they are banned. ok I've must have been living under a pink rock on that one.

SB 683 by Sen. Marty Block, D-San Diego, to require all gun buyers to take a firearm safety class and earn a safety certificate: ok.. this is sort of okay.. and understandable. But i have always disliked words like: MANDATORY. Sets a precedence for more mandatory things. Do you have to PURCHASE this class or is it free.

Compare Florida with CA, they always want to anyways. Florida has beaches, sunny weather, pretty scenery, no earthquakes, little in the way of gun control in comparison, no smog, little snow, and better Avocados and Oranges. Take that CA.

Link Removed

;)

<snip>
SB 683 by Sen. Marty Block, D-San Diego, to require all gun buyers to take a firearm safety class and earn a safety certificate: ok.. this is sort of okay.. and understandable. But i have always disliked words like: MANDATORY. Sets a precedence for more mandatory things. Do you have to PURCHASE this class or is it free. <snip>

Way back in 1996, in order to purchase a firearm I had to take a class or watch a video for $20 to get a BFSC (Basic Firearms Safety Certificate) in order to exercise my 2nd amendment right to purchase a handgun in CA. I still carry the card here in Colorado to show others the BS that goes on in CA. The most recent pistol I bought is a CZ P-07 in 9mm and I took it home with me the same day I paid for the background check, no 10 day waiting period. The way it's suppose to be.

Link Removed

California is what I would call a cancer on the body of liberty. The nice weather is how they get you.

Here's some other fun california laws- Besides the 10 day waits, bullet button mag- (wait.. is that still legal? or is that out too now, since it involves detaching a mag. on your ARs), and mag capacity restrictions:

Cats and dogs are not allowed to have sex without a permit. Ventura County, CA
If robbing a bank, shooting at the teller with a water gun is prohibited. LA County
Males may not dress as a female unless a special permit is obtained from the sheriff. Walnut, CA (hey- maybe that one isn't too shabby hehe)

ok all kidding aside:

SB 53 by Sen. Kevin de León, D-Los Angeles, to create new state permits that require background checks for buyers of ammunition. Buyers will also have to submit to a $50 permit fee to buy Ammo. An additional 10 percent tax on all ammunition sold in California - Did this get passed? If so... what does the process involve if one were to purchase ammo in Cali? whats the current tax that you read on a receipt when u purchase ammo?

The state Department of Justice must notify local law enforcement agencies when a person purchases more than 3,000 rounds of ammunition: does this include .22LR?

SB 47 by Sen. Leland Yee, D-San Francisco, bans so-called “bullet buttons” that are used to get around current laws banning detachable magazines: oops ok- so they are banned. ok I've must have been living under a pink rock on that one.

SB 683 by Sen. Marty Block, D-San Diego, to require all gun buyers to take a firearm safety class and earn a safety certificate: ok.. this is sort of okay.. and understandable. But i have always disliked words like: MANDATORY. Sets a precedence for more mandatory things. Do you have to PURCHASE this class or is it free.
It's 20 to 40 dollars for parking in cali so you know you will have to pay for the class lol

The most recent pistol I bought is a CZ P-07 in 9mm and I took it home with me the same day I paid for the background check, no 10 day waiting period. The way it's suppose to be.

Link Removed

Yep, no 10 day waiting period in Idaho, either. Love it.

RE: SB53...The proposed law does not say anything about ammo purchases by visitors to CA. I'll try to find out, because I often have visitors from out of state and take them to a range for a fun time. It is interesting that you brought this up. Something we should think about and contact our representatives and governor. Also, yes the 3000 round reporting will include .22LR. But, no worries, due to the current shortage, most stores limit your .22LR purchases already.

SB683...The firearm safety class is not free. You have to take it from a NRA instructor. So far, it's not mandatory (I hate that word, too). However, that being said, I think it is a good idea to take a basic pistol class. I did and found it very valuable.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back