Brandishing a Firearm Charge

There is just too much stupid in this OP to take it line by line so I’m just going to hit one point.
-
The guy throws down on you and you just drive away and when he follows you you don’t call the cops?
-
Then you let him box you in and approach you with a gun while you sit there armed and do nothing?
-

You are either the dumbest/ luckiest human being on the face of the planet or you’re lying

Eldolon, Fair enough comment. So let me elaborate. He never drew his weapon he only took a tactical stance and I believed I saw a weapon in his back pocket as he reached for it. He also verbally stated he had a weapon. I subsequently retreated. At this point my adrenaline is flowing and I’m in a fight or flight mode. Unfortunately calling 911 never crossed my mind. I simply wanted to get away from him. The next stop was only ¼ mile (1-2 minutes) from the first and as for “boxed me in” I made a decision to keep this individual away from my kids and the school and as such held my ground prepared for the worst. Was it wrong yes. So many thing I did were wrong but again, I have never trained for this scenario. I did what I thought was appropriate at that split second in time. Yes…Yes I am lucky and I have learned an invaluable lesson.
BTW... Thanks for the insults.
Sincerely,
That Guy

Eldolon, Fair enough comment. So let me elaborate. He never drew his weapon he only took a tactical stance and I believed I saw a weapon in his back pocket as he reached for it. He also verbally stated he had a weapon.

A cop would not have hesitated to unload his gun into him at that moment.

This old guy didn't mind Brandishing hi firearm.

"I pulled out my automatic and was going to ventilate him”
Link Removed

Well “BC” that was an interesting opinion. When I posted this I expected to take some degree of flack especially for not calling 911, but I respect the gun community and their opinions. You see “ BC” I’m just a normal law abiding citizen. I don’t train for these scenarios. I’m just a normal guy. You being a “instructor” should know this better than anyone and can attest to the degree in which these situations unfold. I’ll be the first to admit I made mistakes! I should have never exited my vehicle, I should have tried to deescalate the situation, I should have called 911. All that being said I do take offense with your comment don’t try to "Bull$h!t the pro-gun community". Up to this point your post was very creditable in my mind then I realized your “That guy”…. Yes, “ BC” you are an easy one to read. You’re “That Guy” that knows it all and every other 2nd amendment supporting citizen is simply not as smart as you… well at least in your mind. Well, guess what Einstein. I being just a dumb George Zimmerman lowlife idiot had the common scene after my adrenalin settled and my mind stated working versus mere survival instincts to call the police back and remind them of the location each encounter occurred and that there were traffic cameras in each spot where the conflict(s) occurred. They reviewed the footage which corroborated my “story” and are now encouraging me to press charges. Lucky… Yes! Lesson learned from this situation…Yes!
Oh, and “BC”, How’s that for “Witnesses” and “Bull$h1t”!!!!!
BTW… This makes my 6th post so I’m only 7669 post away from being as smart and cool as you. ;-)

Well Said Sir....Well Said!! I Wish you Well!

And this is why I'm spending some coin on a front & back dashcam that will operate during the day while my car is parked. I had a not too dissimilar experience a couple of months ago. I was not able to get his license plate (dang old eyes) but I stayed in my truck when he jumped out and threatened me. I had the doors locked and glock down at my side. When he saw it he fled saying he was going to get me on brandishing.

What are the brandishing laws if any where you live? In Utah I was well within my rights. Warning another I am armed if I feel threatened is legal. Even pulling it and showing it is legal if I feel threatened. Know the laws in your state.

Oh, and as you already know now, call 911 first (second caller has to overcome your first version of events) and stay in vehicle. Sounds like you learned a lot from this. Now the only problem is if he can find you but not the other way around. Due to my experience, the super dash cam.

It is good that you know who it is in case of problems around your house. I am surprised he has no priors. A guy with those rage issues is usually a frequent flyer in court. Too bad. If he had lots of priors you might have been able to put him away.

Stay safe, good luck.

And the story begins to change

He was appeared startled at my comment or my size and immediately stated“ I will f&%k1ng kill you” and abruptly took a tactical stance and reached for his back pocket where I could see a firearm protruding. He removed the firearm partially from his pocket and stated “I’ll draw down on you so f%$k1ng fast you’ll be dead before you know it.”

Please note there is no ambiguity in the bolded text above

Eldolon, Fair enough comment. So let me elaborate. He never drew his weapon he only took a tactical stance and I believed I saw a weapon in his back pocket as he reached for it. He also verbally stated he had a weapon.

First you see the weapon protruding from his pocket now all of sudden you believed he had a weapon because he stated as much?

You're lying full stop , that is all

Eldolon again to clarify I saw what appeared to be the handle of a small caliber firearm in his rear pocket. He then reached for what I believed to be the aforementioned firearm. He never drew the weapon from his pocket where it was in plain sight but as I saw his shoulder lift and being in a tactical stance and from what I believe I had previously seen and especially his comment of "I'll drop you so fast you'll be dead before you know it" I think I had enough information to realize I needed to get my ass back in my vehicle and move on ASAP which I did.
So Eldolon what gives? Are you the self appointed Abmasador of the Bull$h1T police? I simply made some bad decisions and reached out to the community for advice. I'm grateful to all to l those that have done so. Again, I expected to take heat for making some stupid decisions but I have never experienced anything like this before. Thanks for your support!!!

Eldolon again to clarify I saw what appeared to be the handle of a small caliber firearm in his rear pocket. He then reached for what I believed to be the aforementioned firearm. He never drew the weapon from his pocket where it was in plain sight but as I saw his shoulder lift and being in a tactical stance and from what I believe I had previously seen and especially his comment of "I'll drop you so fast you'll be dead before you know it" I think I had enough information to realize I needed to get my ass back in my vehicle and move on ASAP which I did.
So Eldolon what gives? Are you the self appointed Abmasador of the Bull$h1T police? I simply made some bad decisions and reached out to the community for advice. I'm grateful to all to l those that have done so. Again, I expected to take heat for making some stupid decisions but I have never experienced anything like this before. Thanks for your support!!!

Those aren't my words in the quote box, there yours In one post you say one thing in the second something different and they can't both be true.
One statement or the other (or both because the whole thing never happened) is a lie

Yesterday a woman in Houston blew her horn at a guy that cut her off entering a highway. He drove up along side her on the passenger side and shot her in the head. She was able to pull off the road and call 911. She is expected to live. The police are still looking for the shooter. We have all blown our horns or flipped off other drivers. But now it seems to be more dangerous then ever.

The OP was lucky, (unless the results of Eidolon's investigation reveals it never happened) that he did not have a bad outcome, like this woman did.

Eidolon, really???? Symantec's... You know what pal. I have no time or interest in debating this with you any further. It happened...I regret my decisions... I will handle myself differently going forward... I reached out for help in a desperate situation and the community responded (baring you) with sound advice and I'm tremendously thankful for that.
Have a wonderful life.

Really???? Symantec's... You know what pal. I have no time or interest in debating this with you any further. It happened...I regret my decisions... I will handle myself differently going forward... I reached out for help in a desperate situation and the community responded (baring you) with sound advice and I'm tremendously thankful for that.
Have a wonderful life.

Last edited:
You already stated that you should have called 911, live and learn from your mistake.

As for what to do next, lawyer up is the best advice I can give you.

Well, in fairness maybe we're being a little hard on the guy. After all most people get caught off-guard with those situations. If someone hasn't been taught how to respond and hasn't formulated a good plan for bad people he may not act as we armchair quarterbacks think he should. I was the first one guilty of criticizing him harshly until I thought more about it.
I always ask new students "do you have a good plan for bad people?" Most say no. Thus the course gives them the tools to plan for bad situations. And no two situations will unfold exactly the same.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back