Bob/bov

bdlove

I am just now starting to think about preparing a Bug Out Bag/ Bug Out Vest. The BOB i have no problem with. My problem is when it comes to a good vest. If any of you have read any of my posts you know i am a rather large man. I was wondering, will any vest with lots of pockets work? Or do i need something better?

As far as BOBs are concerned i would say that whatever is most feasible for you to have to carry for a while if needed. I would recommend something that is made of a very durable material. I personally have an old back pack that i have had forever that i use. It has withstood the test of time and has many compartments.

What bag (or bags) can you recommend. Looking for something to double as a range bag.

I wouldn't try to double-up, personally. My BOB stays packed with all my bug-out supplies - none of which happen to be weapons, by the way. My primary concerns are food, water, fire, shelter, medical aid and navigation/communication equipment and supplies.

I use this bag from Cheaper than Dirt for my BOB: MOLLE-124 - ModGear Black Ultimate Pack 20x19x12" Padded Shoulder Waist Belt Weighs 5.2 Pounds Lots of Pockets to Hold Gear

Link Removed

I also have a tactical vest with ammo pouches stored in my gun safe that I can grab quickly. Here's the vest that I use: MOLLE-305 - ModGear Basic Vest Black MOLLE Style Webbing on Front and Back with a Mesh Lining

Link Removed

Not sure if that vest would fit the OP or not since I don't know how big "big" is. :biggrin:

Edit: Here's my range bag: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/BAG158-1.html

Link Removed

Whatever you choose, go with a back-pack design. You will need free hands for everything else, and if you're required to move any distance, the duel straps are critical. Maxpedition Gear is some of the best, and huge options of sizes and versatility.

Not cheap, but lifetime tough.

Jeff

Not sure if that vest would fit the OP or not since I don't know how big "big" is. :biggrin:

QUOTE]

Well i wear a 6xl in shirts so its gonna be very hard to find someone that makes a VERY good vest in my size. However i have found one that i like that has quite a few pockets. This would be better than nothing right?

you'll have to contact the mfg's

QUOTE]

Well i wear a 6xl in shirts so its gonna be very hard to find someone that makes a VERY good vest in my size. However i have found one that i like that has quite a few pockets. This would be better than nothing right?

you'll have to contact the mfg's...they'll be able to tell you what they are capable of for sizes!

BD I'm a porker too not as big as you but still a fat guy. How far do you think you can go before you vapor lock? Have any hills in your area? Thick brush or something that is going to make walking harder? If you have to bug out in a hot summer day how much water will you need?

If you do get up in the hills I hope your friends will pack you out no matter how many trips it will take.

I think you might be better off keeping your car and house well stocked.

Don't get all bent out of shape remember I'm a porker too.

Large economy size people aren't supposed to need a pack and we're certainly not supposed to need a tac vest. Those are for the fit people so your selection might be non existent.

If you still want something for a bob you might have to make something. Look into a bag that you wear over one shoulder. (Jack Bauerish) Try an auto upholstery shop have some seat belt material sewn onto a bag that feels big enough to carry what ever you feel you need.

I bought a Maxpedition Vulture II to use as a BOB but I think it is actually going to be too small. I haven't compiled all the gear I want to assemble, but maybe it will surprise me.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back