Bin Laden DEAD

tanker1983

Enough said!!!

:biggrin:

Extra Extra

Link Removed

"Osama Bin Laden was killed not by a drone strike, but up close during a firefight with U.S. troops. He was not living in a cave when he died, but in a million-dollar mansion with seven-foot walls just 40 miles from the Pakistani capital, where U.S. forces killed him Sunday. "

I really wish it was true. But it seems to good to be so. How is it that we just happen to find him after x-mount of years? At a time when Obamas ratinings are at a new all time low and he is losing more and more ground in the US. Seems stageg to me, as a way of trying to bring the public back on to his side. In the hopes of graining enough ground and enough votes to some how get another four years. If it does turn out to be true, then rock on!

True or not the behavior of Americans celebrating a persons death is not good. Killing him does not bring back the people that where killed on 9/11 and who died fighting an unwinnable war on terror. All this is going to do is enrage middle east Muslims when they see footage of Americans celebrating the death of Osama Bin Laden, Just as seeing them celebrating the planes crashing into the world towers piss us off. And the cycle will continue with them doing another attack.

As I have yet to hear anyone ask why we where attacked in the first place. This is the question we should be looking to answer. As for the war on terror being unwinnable, What are the conditions for declaring victory? The answer to that question has not been answered either and before going to war you should know the conditions needed to win the war you are about to start. Look at the War on drugs started in the 80's and is still being fought today due to the conditions for winning the war on drugs are not obtainable. The condition for both of these wars would be to get rid of all the "fill in the blank" and there lies the problem you can never get rid of them all due to there always being another to fill in the spot left by the dead.

So you can be happy that Osama Bin Laden was killed but his family and friends will be sadden by his death and some will seek revenge for his death and the war on terror will continue.

I dont feel closure at this at all. The Iraqi's had a trial and hanged saddam publically. why didnt we get a trial? i feel cheated.

I don't give a rats ass about what the "muslim world," will do or not do as a response to OBL death, we will deal with that in a timely manner. A little celebration is warranted, then it's time to roll up our sleeves and carry on....

Navy SEALS got him! He was a desert/mountain man so they buried him at sea this morning at 2am eastern!

...why didnt we get a trial? i feel cheated.

I have a feeling the decision to bring back only a dead body was made well above that Navy SEAL's pay grade. :wink:

Assuming the opportunity even presented itself to capture him alive.

Better to get it over with quickly rather than drag out a trial for 10 years, spend $200 million, fight over jurisdiction, whether it'll be a military tribunal or a federal court trial and where it'll be held.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back