Best Pocket Pistol

mbaatc

I am looking for advice on purchasing a pocket pistol, I wear shirt and tie daily to work but I want to CCW. Any suggestions?

A small internal hammer revolver will allow you to fire it from inside your pocket without causing a malfunction. I do not know revolvers very well so I can't give you any specific model or brand.

Semi's: 1: Sig P238, 2: Ruger LCP, 3: Khar P380/SW Bodygaurd

I have yet to handle the XDs...and have only held the P938 once. If the XDs and the 938 are similar in sizes they are pocket capable, albeit slightly large and will print if you look for it. I haven't found anything larger than the 238/380/LCP sized handguns that fit in a pocket without printing.

P938, P238, then LC9 ... in that order, all of which I own and pocket carry ... P938 is riding as favorite currently.

sent from my sending device

I love my Smith & Wesson Bodyguard for pocket carry, put it in your pocket and forget about it unless needed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Boberg XR9-S

+ characteristics - Pocket carry. More muzzle energy than equivalent overall sized guns. 9mm +P (newer barrel +P+). Unbelievably light recoil. Extremely well built; serious fit and finish as well as materials selection. DAO with great trigger (even more coming). Accurate to ranges beyond what you need. No silly replacement schedules for internal components (e.g. springs), rephrased; it runs a long time without changing parts like some other "popular" pocket 9s. 7+1. Extremely effective customer service. Direct contact with the owner/designer. An engineer's gun (also a gun owners gun). Cool beyond all reason (yes I have some of them). Does not rust/corrode. No polymer. Probably less than 1000 in the Universe. Certainly less that 2000. It will take a while to get one (think 6 -12 months). This sucker is just incredibly cool. It is a different and superior technology. In the future there will be two classes of handgun owners; those that have Boberg'd; and other (skulking in the darkness, not able to come to terms with the horrid position of having only "traditional" pocket 9's). No manual safety. DAO. Firing pin blocked to prevent discharge when dropped. If left alone in the kitchen, it will make you a very nice gourmet meal (after hunting and dressing the main course). When rubbed on a problem area on your body (by yourself or a person dedicated to your comfort), this will cure most common and exotic diseases. Well maybe some of this is a bit of an exaggeration, but you really ought to check this out.

- characteristics - about $1K (compare to capabilities of comparable [loosely] reputable guns in this price range; not really a negative). It will take a while to get one. You will whimper and feel incomplete waiting for your Boberg. But the thrill when you open the box will compensate you for the horror of not having one. When you get it, your termite problem will be resolved, dandruff will cease, impotence (well see how it works out) and the bare patches in your lawn will turn green. Women will suddenly find you attractive and plead to fire your Boberg.

I rather like them.

My Ruger LC9 is too big for pocket carry but I prefer it over the LCP. I put the LC9 in a smartcarry and it works for me.

It would seem that you have more than enough good suggestions for pocket carry. But I find myself wondering why you have chosen that route vice going IWB? It sticks in my mind that when TSHTF you may be crouched over\kneeling down to maintain concealment therefore "locking" your pistol in your pants pocket while you would be able to access IWB. Granted, this is the .02 from the village idiot (whos trying really hard to get better and give up the title) and not a HSLD operator. YMMV obviously. Just wondering your thought process to see if maybe it wont make more sense than what I do.

I manage a medical practice and make daily cash deposits and a pocket pistol is easier to conceal in our office. We do allow staff with CCDW in our office as long as they are secured. I have thought about the 410/45 derringer.

Maybe a IBW holster, they can tuck a shirtin over them, all the small autos are similar IMO it's a brand that one is comfortable with , handle them all y

I believe the best pocket pistol is a revolver. A S&W airweight j-frame weights about a pound and can be carried in just about any fashion you like. The .38 spl has decent power/weight ratio, and is a very reliable platform. The 638 works for me, but the 642 or a Ruger lcr would be good choices also.

I pocket carry most days.

My current carry is a S&W M&P340PD .357 snubby with a Crimson Trace grip. Very light because of the scandium frame and titanium cylinder. I like having the ability to load .38 specials during the summer months when potential attackers would be wearing less and/or lighter clothes, but I am able to switch to .357 magnums when the coats come out for the season. Keep in mind, though, that the price that you pay for these super light pistols and revolvers is a considerable amount of recoil and muzzle rise, thus affecting follow up shots.

I was recently at the local gun show where I saw the new Sig P239, and I must say that I was really impressed. However, when looking at the near $700 price tag, I could add a bit to it and get one of those Boberg's that Alternety was waxing so lyrical about. I have to admit that I am intrigued by the design and function. From what I have seen, the fit and finish are both very nice. It is just that, at near $1,000, it gives me a lump in my throat thinking about laying out the cash. Well, that and the CRAZY wait will probably push me into the Sig purchase.

One DEFINITE plus that nobody seems to mention is the fact that, when pocket carrying, you can grip your firearm in preparation to draw if you find yourself in one of those "gray" or "shady" situations. For example, you are walking down the street, and you spot a group of boisterous young men headed your way. As you close the distance you notice two or three gesture in your direction, and the rest smile and walk toward you.

What to do?

Well, if you have your firearm in your pocket, you simply grip your gun and prepare to draw, if need be. If the worst happens and you are attacked, the lightening like deployment of your firearm will save your life. Conversely, if the kids are from the local church youth group and want to talk to you about the lord, then no one is the wiser to your near draw. Of course, as always, you should

KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER! :nono:

Oh, another thing, with pocket carry a good pocket holster is mandatory! Tossing your piece in your pocket will only wear and scuff it more, allow it to roll around/fall out, and I guarantee that it will not be pointing in the direction that you need when you go looking for it.

I'm a physician in the state of Florida. I have to wear dress pants every day and some of my Pts would freak out if the saw I had a gun on me. The LCP is perfect for pocket carry all day. If I decide to bring it in and lock it in my desk I bring my LC9.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back