Banning High Capacity Magazines

rlkraatz

Rich
HI:
Banning high capacity magazines does not make any sense.

Any person can drop a 10 round magazine and load another 10 round magazine in a split second. That can be achived with a minimal amount of practice.

Banning high capcity magazines will not changed a thing. This country does not have a gun problem it has a mental health problem.

HI:

Any person can drop a 10 round magazine and load another 10 round magazine in a split second. That can be achived with a minimal amount of practice.

Banning high capcity magazines will not changed a thing. This country does not have a gun problem it has a mental health problem.
Agreed, Another thing that doesn't make sense is banning semi automatic rifles when there are a ton out in the public. I also remember obama saying this during the second presidential debates
" Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there’s an awful lot of violence and they’re not using AK-47s. They’re using cheap hand guns.”
Notice he mentioned Hand guns., I don't think he intends to stop with just semi automatic rifles. I think he'll try for the brass cartridge I mean ring.

What is the definition of a high cap magazine? Fire rounds, ten, fifteen, twenty, thirty....? Who is it that determines this definition, based on what? Facts, fiction, emotion, political agenda?

They will use the arbitrary number of 10 to determine High Cap magazines, as written in the original assault weapons ban.

with today's modern guns and mag caps i hardly would call a ten round mag a 'high capacity' but perhaps average.....my carry is 13+ one chambered i'll be goddamned if they ban that from me geesh

Facts? Logic? What kind of funny stuff you been smoking there, sonny boy ?

Those have no place in the left's fight to make the world safer.
Umm, I mean, to make the criminals' jobs safer.

Facts? Logic? What kind of funny stuff you been smoking there, sonny boy ?

Those have no place in the left's fight to make the world safer.
Umm, I mean, to make the criminals' jobs safer.
I know pops, guess I should have used the sarcastic icon. I know the left has no interest in making the world a safer place. They are after the emotional high they get from their good intentions and also control us surfs.

Using this same logic, does this mean we should limit the size of the containers that hard liquor comes in, in an effort to cut down on drinking and driving? The law of unintended consequences would then come into play; people will just buy as much liquor as it takes for them to get drunk, just like the killer who can wreak havoc simply by using multiple ten round magazines.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I left NY years ago to escape the stupidity that is so proudly on display right now. In case you've missed it some proposals being floated right now include a 7 round limit on magazines, banning of assault rifles and the confiscation of those already owned. That's right, confiscation as voiced by the Governor himself. If he is saying it, is there any doubt Obamanation is thinking it. So all you SOB gun owners who tried to rationalize your vote for the Obamanation by saying he wasn't really a threat to our guns can kiss my a--!!

I left NY years ago to escape the stupidity that is so proudly on display right now. In case you've missed it some proposals being floated right now include a 7 round limit on magazines, banning of assault rifles and the confiscation of those already owned. That's right, confiscation as voiced by the Governor himself. If he is saying it, is there any doubt Obamanation is thinking it. So all you SOB gun owners who tried to rationalize your vote for the Obamanation by saying he wasn't really a threat to our guns can kiss my a--!!
It's not just the assault weapons obama wants he wants hand guns also.

I know, you know, and the anti-gunners know that reducing magazine capacity will not help the situation one bit. This is simply one thing to get their foot in the door. Rest assured that if they win some concessions they will be back for more shortly.

HI:

You're right, Rich. This type of "thinking" just proves the ignorance of the left.

In 1919, the 18th Amendment to the Constitution of the U.S. banned the importation and sale of intoxicating liquor. We all know how that worked out with all the bootleg liquor and rumrunners. Consequently, the amendment was repealed in 1933. If assault weapons, semi-auto handguns, hi-cap magazines, etc. are banned by the government, a blackmarket industry would be set up in this country to rival the old Prohibition days. I read an article today from Sydney, Australia that said we have over 270,000,000 weapons in the U.S. or 88.8% per 100 people. I am not sure those figures are correct, I hope they are higher. If there are that many guns in this country, just how many do you expect to be turned in because of a government mandate? Obama and Holder have both had an agenda with guns for years and have now been joined by the likes of Mayor Bloomberg of NYC and other left wingers and they will defeat us if we, the people, don't get our collective heads out of our rear ends and stand up to the government.

HI:
Banning high capcity magazines will not changed a thing.

That's exactly why the Federal Gubbament will want to ban all semi auto handguns next.....
Then they will set their sights on banning speedloaders for all revolvers.
Finally they will mandate that all CHL carriers be forced to carry their revolvers UNLOADED with only one bullet inside their pockets like Barney Fife.
That will save the schoolchildren from future attacks. :rolleyes:

I have to say, no matter what, I shall carry my 15 round mag, F*ck what the Government says....Im fed up with all this anti-gun BS

I have to say, no matter what, I shall carry my 15 round mag, F*ck what the Government says....Im fed up with all this anti-gun BS

I'll go one step further... F*CK the Government. Especially Obama (Frank Marshall Davis Jr).

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back