Assault rifle ban????

Jessica Carlson

Shoot like a Girl
In short this is still just a rumor but I imagine its only a matter of time before she tries again. It preludes to a ban on all pistol grips and “high-capacity” magazines, eliminate any grandfathering, ban sales of “weapons in possession”, and potentially require current owners to surrender their possessions. Let me know if you have any additional information on this topic as I want to stay as informed as possible. Thanks.

Link Removed

Do we still have active assault rifle ban in place?

In short this is still just a rumor but I imagine its only a matter of time before she tries again. It preludes to a ban on all pistol grips and “high-capacity” magazines, eliminate any grandfathering, ban sales of “weapons in possession”, and potentially require current owners to surrender their possessions. Let me know if you have any additional information on this topic as I want to stay as informed as possible. Thanks.

Link Removed

I too am concerned about gun bans, I am told the rifle I am after might be a "Post Ban" rifle, is this for real?

If things go their way we'll be back to sticks and rocks for personal defense. But then they'll probably try to ban those too :p

I don't know about you but I plan to sell all of my weapons before any ban becomes effective.:wink::wink:

In a Post-Heller world an assualt weapon ban would have a very hard time passing Constitutional muster

(1) The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. Pp. 2–53.

(f) None of the Court’s precedents forecloses the Court’s interpretation. Neither United States v. Cruikshank, 92 U. S. 542 , nor Presser v. Illinois, 116 U. S. 252 , refutes the individual-rights interpretation. United States v. Miller, 307 U. S. 174 , does not limit the right to keep and bear arms to militia purposes, but rather limits the type of weapon to which the right applies to those used by the militia, i.e., those in common use for lawful purposes. Pp. 47–54.

those in common use for lawful purposes.

Thanks to the original AWB the AR 15 platform is the most popular (IOW most common) rifle in America.

The only way they can pass a new AWB is A. Overturn Heller or B. declare martial law

I'm not selling any of my weapons. S.C. doesn't require you to register & none of mine are registered. I usually buy used anyway.

I dont understand what this thread is about. What is an "assault rifle"?

If we are going to discuss things, lets use proper, non-biased terminology thanks. Otherwise we are working against ourselves.

Why would any of you want to get rid of your guns in any way, shape or form???? Why do you even have them if one of the main reasons is to defend yourself, your family, your friends and neighbors and most importantly --- YOUR COUNTRY? To even think about turning them in or keeping one or two and getting rid of the rest is insane. The time to use them is exactly when they are coming for them! Do you really want to live in a country where you can't own a gun to defend yourself with????? Have we come to that???? I'd rather die fighting them at my front door while standing on my feet than living on my knees!

I think those citing difficulty passing Constitutional muster are overlooking the ability to appoint enough Supreme Court judges to invalidate the preferred (for us) interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. Not at all impossible and extremely difficult to prevent in the long term.

And there is the possible confusion of a UN agreement. That should be blocked by the Senate; but it is now Democrat controlled. Who knows.

It is curious that the country elected a Democratic president but left him with an essentially unchanged Republican House. There are some odd public views involved, and perhaps a bit of fluff beats facts syndrome.

to find guns in america they are going to need lots of gophers...hehe.

good luck...

Like my granpa said..beware of a man with only one gun, he probably knows how to use it. :sarcastic:

If we are going to discuss things, lets use proper, non-biased terminology thanks. Otherwise we are working against ourselves.

I know! C'mon, people! You don't need fully automatic large-caliber rifles with built-in grenade launchers and flame-thrower accessories! Sheesh.

IIRC, ratifying international treaties is contingent on a 2/3 vote of the Senate and then the Executive Branch (i.e. Obama). The House has no input.

So called conservatives voted to pass the HAA.
Say what? The Republicans in the House voted Nay except 1. The vote was 220 to 215 with 39 Dems joining 176 Reps in the Nay votes for the AHA. From the Senate they got the PPACA version known as Obamacare and it was rejected in the House by the Reps, as amended, by 178 voting Republicans.

As your aware, even among gun owners there are many who only know what TV tells them. But "Assault Rifle" is a valid term. It's "Assault Weapon" that was made up by politicians and law makers.

I too am concerned about gun bans, I am told the rifle I am after might be a "Post Ban" rifle, is this for real?

No, because there is no ban. YET! The problem is if they pass an AWB and DON'T grandfather what's already out there!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back