Another victim of New Jersey's obscure and confusing gun laws please sign petition

Greetings,

Recently I was contacted by an old high school buddy who's brother inlaw had become New Jersey's recent anti gun law policy victim. According to him, his brother was wrongfully accused of pulling a gun on an old love interest after he decided to move on. The domestic violence and aggravated asult charges were eventually dropped. However, Louis was eventually convicted for possession of a unregistered handgun in his home. The gun was legally purchased in Florida prior to him relocating to New Jersey. Under New Jersey's gun statute residents are not required to register firearms that were legally purchased or owned by persons who would not otherwise be ineligible to own or possess a firearm.

Louis and his family would like to petition the help of the 2A community in signing a petition for a pardon from our beloved Gov Chris Christy.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

God bless you,

Truckturner68 -

Petition: Wrongfully Imprisonment Daniel Lopez: Have New Jersey Governor Chris Christie pardoned release of Daniel Lopez | Change.org

in the ccwp class i just took may 5th the instructor said something that at the time i thought funny, he said ''if you change your spouse you should also change your gun ''
and your post is a good example of why because someone who knows you carry and what you carry who may be your friend one day may not another day and try to pull some accusatory stunt just to spite you
..accuse you of pulling your gun on them even if you didn't and if the law comes to investigate and the accuser can identify your gun and it's the one you have on you it's NOT going to look good for you
best wishes i think that is some sound advice to change your gun when you change spouses or lovers or recently had a fallng out with a buddy who knows what you carry

I need more facts - what does "A problem arises with the State of New Jersey, did not recognize that he had dwelling" mean?

@nogods that's a good question. I guess NJ would have to answer that one for the both of us. NJ gun laws are murky at best leaving judges and prosecutors with a grand Canyon of ambiguity to interpret, convict and sentence legally armed citizens regularly.

@nogods that's a good question. I guess NJ would have to answer that one for the both of us. NJ gun laws are murky at best leaving judges and prosecutors with a grand Canyon of ambiguity to interpret, convict and sentence legally armed citizens regularly.

Maybe....but I still can't understand what he was trying to say in that sentence. I'm guessing he meant that if the gun was in his home then the "exception" he cites would have protected him from prosecution. so apparently the gun was in someone else's home.

Did he have a jury trial?

@nogods I was slightly confused by the wording also. However, from being a former NJ resident I know that I was legally able to "Store" a firearm at anyone's home. I really do not understand how or why he was convicted. I checked the NJ. Inmate finder and saw that he was also convicted of possession of dumb dumb bullets aka hollow points they are also illegal in NJ.

@nogods I was slightly confused by the wording also. However, from being a former NJ resident I know that I was legally able to "Store" a firearm at anyone's home. I really do not understand how or why he was convicted. I checked the NJ. Inmate finder and saw that he was also convicted of possession of dumb dumb bullets aka hollow points they are also illegal in NJ.

Still doesn't make sense. Hollow points are perfectly legal under certain conditions...IN YOUR HOME is one of those conditions. How long was he living in NJ? Did he have a NJ drivers license to show he did live there and not just visiting? Nothing he did...per this account...was illegal. THere's either more to it or he had a really BAD defense attorney.

Still doesn't make sense. Hollow points are perfectly legal under certain conditions...IN YOUR HOME is one of those conditions. How long was he living in NJ? Did he have a NJ drivers license to show he did live there and not just visiting? Nothing he did...per this account...was illegal. THere's either more to it or he had a really BAD defense attorney.

Yes it sounds good and here is proof to back you up below. The problem someone has to teach the laws to the police in New Jersey. IMHO NJ likes to trump as many violations as they can so you don't have a chance on walking. Brian Aitken is a perfect example his story below. Hollow point bullets in NJ sound like they are legal according to the NJ State Police but, in Brian's case he is still getting that charge but, everything else is dropped. He had a 19 round mag which is illegal in NJ so that made the bullets illegal. Now it does state in the law that hollow are legal unless you have an illegal firearm. Now here is where it gets fuzzy Brian bought his 19 round mag where it’s legal but, transported it to NJ and I believe you can have it here and move it from one residence to another which in this case was Colorado but, never ever use it outside your NJ home. Now that being said he was moving from one NJ house to another NJ house. Is that legal I think so since he is moving and has it properly stored. Well I don’t know why does he still have the ammo charge against him?:confused:

Link Removed

Link Removed

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back