Another restaurant that doesn't want our business. and it's a big chain

At winnre its not just one issue its the 2nd amendment...and if they have a sign posted then they most likely contribute to the people try to get rid of your right to carry...that's why they wont get my money, because they would use it against me

The national association for gun right keeps account of businesses not friendly to guns. The NRA could care less

I figure I can take my business wherever I wish, for whatever reason I may have. And that works both ways. I, too will not do business at an establishment that is anti-gun or gun free. Nor would I do business at an establishment that burns the flag, or supports issues I disagree with. But, that is generally decided by the company policy, not the employees. I don't wish to take the bread out of the mouths of those that work at these establishments, but one needs to decide what lines he will cross, what positions he will defend, and to what extent he is willing to go to make a point. Ain't it a great country?!?!

As for Hooters, well.....maybe it's a safety policy. After all, greasy fingers and shapely distractions could lead to accidents. Stay safe folks!

Texas is a 51% state CC is only disallowed if more than 51% of the income comes from liquor.

In Texas a simple sign stating "NO FIREARMS" carries no weight for a CHL holder and should be ignored like any other meaningless bumper sticker phrase.

They must post the EXACT text identified most commonly as the 30.06 sign;

PROHIBITING HANDGUNS IN A BUSINESS OR OTHER ENTITY

In order to provide notice that entry on property by a license holder with a concealed handgun is forbidden, Penal Code Section 30.06(c)(3)(A) requires that a written communication contain the following language:

"PURSUANT TO SECTION 30.06, PENAL CODE (TRESPASS BY HOLDER OF A LICENSE TO CARRY A CONCEALED HANDGUN) A PERSON LICENSED UNDER SUBCHAPTER H, CHAPTER 411, GOVERNMENT CODE (CONCEALED HANDGUN LAW), MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROPERTY WITH A CONCEALED HANDGUN."

"CONFORME A LA SECCIÓN 30.06 DEL CÔDIGO PENAL (TRASPASAR PORTANDO ARMAS DE FUEGO) PERSONAS CON LICENCIA BAJO DEL SUB-CAPITULO H, CAPITULO 411, CODIGO DE GOBIERNO (LEY DE PORTAR ARMAS), NO DEBEN ENTRAR A ESTA PROPIEDAD PORTANDO UN ARMA DE FUEGO."

Penal Code Section 30.06(c)(3)(B) further states that a sign must meet the following requirements:
i. includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both English and Spanish;
ii. appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height; and
iii. is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.

Please note that while the language provided above may be downloaded for convenience, it does not meet the requirements of Section 30.06(c)(3)(B) and may not be used as a sign.

Texas is a 51% state CC is only disallowed if more than 51% of the income comes from liquor.

Which leaves YOU to guess whether or not you can carry in the place. (Nifty little piece of "common sence gun control" without seeming so, if you ask me. HAD to have been the Lib faction that put that stipulation in the CC Law.)

Needless to say, MOST CC types, being of generally law abiding nature, will tend to "error" on the side of being "sure" of compliance. Thus, that little "stipulation" is almost as limiting, in effect, as Laws that ban in places that serve alcohol altogether. In my humble opinion, anyway.

Ya'all been snookered!

GG

Solely in the interest of research, of course, I went to the Hooters in York, PA, for dinner last night. I am happy to report there were no signs posted against carrying any firearms. And the boneless wings were delicious.

In Texas a simple sign stating "NO FIREARMS" carries no weight for a CHL holder and should be ignored like any other meaningless bumper sticker phrase.

They must post the EXACT text identified most commonly as the 30.06 sign;

PROHIBITING HANDGUNS IN A BUSINESS OR OTHER ENTITY

In order to provide notice that entry on property by a license holder with a concealed handgun is forbidden, Penal Code Section 30.06(c)(3)(A) requires that a written communication contain the following language:

"PURSUANT TO SECTION 30.06, PENAL CODE (TRESPASS BY HOLDER OF A LICENSE TO CARRY A CONCEALED HANDGUN) A PERSON LICENSED UNDER SUBCHAPTER H, CHAPTER 411, GOVERNMENT CODE (CONCEALED HANDGUN LAW), MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROPERTY WITH A CONCEALED HANDGUN."

"CONFORME A LA SECCIÓN 30.06 DEL CÔDIGO PENAL (TRASPASAR PORTANDO ARMAS DE FUEGO) PERSONAS CON LICENCIA BAJO DEL SUB-CAPITULO H, CAPITULO 411, CODIGO DE GOBIERNO (LEY DE PORTAR ARMAS), NO DEBEN ENTRAR A ESTA PROPIEDAD PORTANDO UN ARMA DE FUEGO."

Penal Code Section 30.06(c)(3)(B) further states that a sign must meet the following requirements:
i. includes the language described by Paragraph (A) in both English and Spanish;
ii. appears in contrasting colors with block letters at least one inch in height; and
iii. is displayed in a conspicuous manner clearly visible to the public.

Please note that while the language provided above may be downloaded for convenience, it does not meet the requirements of Section 30.06(c)(3)(B) and may not be used as a sign.

I don't get a lot of heartburn about anti-gun signs being posted because I would generally do what I want, considering the circumstances. What I do take exception to is the requirement to post the sign in Spanish as well as English. Teddy Roosevelt made a statement one time that this is the United States of America and we speak English here. If you don't speak English, go back home and don't come back until you can. This is getting my dander up every time I see a sign like that. We are rapidly going down hill and English will soon be the second language.

I carry with no issues into any place that does not have the specific sign posted, as far as Spanish, got me out of jury duty, I refused to sign the English/Spanish jury duty card, said I do not read spanish and would not sign anything I do not understand, judge said it was ver batim, his interperter stated not so, I walked. Actually speak same but fun anyway.

PS: Gunny, come on down to Texas and I will buy you a beer while packing.

My wife and I ate at an Olive Garden This evening in El Paso, Tx. There was no signs posted there
No Hooters close by but did check the Olive Garden again tonight. No sign. If there had been, it would have been interesting as I walked out with the manager.

Wow both Hooters and BWW are "gun free"? Where will I get decent wings???

Fortunately for those few of us in CA who CCW, we can't be charged for tresspassing unless we refuse to leave an establishment after verbally told to go by owner/manager. Signs on doors don't mean squat. If we CCW correctly, they shouldn't know and no laws are broken :biggrin:.

We are also allowed to carry in any establishment unless their primary business is dispensing alchohol.

CA actually has some of the best carry laws once you have a permit. I think this is in part to the fact that this state is so incredibly restrictive in who they issue to, that they don't bother to make too many laws governing CCW after issuance.

You better double check that. If you have a CCW from Sac County and you carry into an establishment with a sign up you can have your CCW revoked.

rt48:196769 said:
What most of you are neglecting to remember is that most states prohibit firearms where alcohol is sold for consumption. that means, in most states, restaurants like "hooters" and "applebees" couldn't allow people to carry firearms in their restaurant, even if they wanted too. what we as responsible armed citizens should do, is urge restaurants to join us in an effort to get our states governments to amend the laws.

"most states"? Not according to this map.

Link Removed

This is even out of date. Ohio as of 9/3/11 allows restaurant and bar carry.

In AZ, you can carry in a restaurant or bar, but you can't drink while doing so, very smart to me. and yes, I like the wings and breasts, :)

And there are two other conditions in AZ, 1) the restaurant is not posted per ARS 4.229 2) You have to have a CCW permit.

So you are saying that the only 38's allowed are those on the waitresses? :sarcastic:

You make up the rules for your house so why shouldn't they? If we do not like it we do not spend any money there. If it hurts them they will change their rules. If not then we just do not go to Hooters. You cannot say that you have property rights but someone else cannot just because they are a business. Simple as that.

You better double check that. If you have a CCW from Sac County and you carry into an establishment with a sign up you can have your CCW revoked.

You are correct. Recently Sac county has included this on their permit restrictions. My permit is from a county which has no restrictions, therefore "no guns" signs still hold no consequences for violation- even in Sac. This is the bigoted and draconian power We have to deal with as gun owners in CA. Each county can pick and choose who carries and where with no equal protection or valid reason.

I saw no 30.06 signs at the Clearwater, FL Hooters, and that is the first Hooters store in existence. The food is okay, but customer services was despicable. The bartender acted like we were interrupting her TV watching and texting with her BF. But, at least I can say I went to the original before it was remodeled.

Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back