Another No-Knock Gone South

Warrior cop mentality. Gotta use all that nice armor, arms, and training!

Jack-boot thuggery at its worst.

Breach unannounced, and the homeowner assumes (and rightly so) home invasion, multiple perpetrators.

What-the-hell do these SWAT units expect?

Whatever this warrant contained, is it really worth the death of officers and citizens?

Yes, by the actions of police units country-wide.

I'm flummoxed. I'm all for justice and putting BGs behind bars, but this is insanity.

Warrior cop mentality. Gotta use all that nice armor, arms, and training!

Jack-boot thuggery at its worst.

Breach unannounced, and the homeowner assumes (and rightly so) home invasion, multiple perpetrators.

What-the-hell do these SWAT units expect?

Whatever this warrant contained, is it really worth the death of officers and citizens?

Yes, by the actions of police units country-wide.

I'm flummoxed. I'm all for justice and putting BGs behind bars, but this is insanity.

This is 2 LEO that have lost their lives in Tx. in the last 4 months on these stupid raids. The first homeowner walked free because the grand jury refused to indict.

If at 5:30 am someone masked and heavily armed breaks into my house unannounced, I'm not going to wait and start a conversation with the gentlemen.

I'm going to protect my own.

Hopefully, this grand jury will refuse to indict as well.

Also, hopefully some news organization will run this nationally and start to push to eliminate this sort of raid on people's homes. I really doubt this is what we mean in the Constitution as a reasonable search and seizure.

There is nothing reasonable about heavily armed (and armored) unidentified cops busting into a place.

I didn't read the details but I guess the easiest excuse for the no-knock raid was to recover evidence. If that is the reason, upon what evidence did they feel the raid was necessary? If it was to capture the individual one would have to assume he, the criminal, would never leave the house.
Let me weigh this out. A chance to use plenty$$$$$$ of cool tactical stuff or spend some time waiting for the person to head out for some candy and soda, thereby avoid the possibility or killing some innocents in the house. Especially if it is the wrong house, or putting the LEO in jeopardy of what would seem to be a reasonable response to someone crashing through your door unannounced.

This practice by LE is abominable and should be stopped. I don't know about you guys but at night within reach of my hand a 45 ACP and a 357 magnum and nobody has permission to come in unless I invite them. Kicking in the door is not an indicator of good intentions in my book. I feel for the LEOs family but the cops were the cause of this tragedy. Innocent civilians have also died in these no knock raids.

They say that these kinds of raids are in pursuit of the "War on Drugs," but that's not true. The government is fully entrenched in a war on The People, and some people have (finally) decided to fight back.

If the Grand Jury won't do its job in this case like they did in the other referenced case, then jury nullification is the only option. That's a tough row to hoe, and the accused will likely burn twice, once when he was being terrorized by unknown attackers, and again when he lives in terror for the rest of his life in prison as a "cop killer."

I didn't notice anything in the piece being said about whether or not drugs were actually found, but yea or nay, it's a side-issue as far as I'm concerned. Let the guy go home and start repairing the damage the JBTs did to it, and then get on with his life.

Blues

Since I have done nothing to necessitate someone breaking down my doors and windows to enter my house in the middle of the night, if someone does that they are the bad guys and deserve to be shot. That's when I pull the 9mm from the night stand and the .45ACP from between the mattress and box springs and use them. Oh, you're the police? Then why didn't you say so? I would have opened the door for you. Someone breaking in has to be the bad guys.

Yeah, I'm not going to stop and ask if the guy kicking my door down is police or not. If I took the time to do that I wouldn't survive a bad guy breaking in!

Perhaps we should put this sign on our doors. For the protection of our LE!!

65946.jpg

Perhaps we should put this sign on our doors. For the protection of our LE!!

65946.jpg

As cute as this sign may be and as appropriate it may be, they are giving me no advance notice, why should I give them any. Besides any good prosecutor will use the presence of the sign against you in a court of law, regarding to your state of mind in advance of the entry.

You all make very valid point which I agree with whole heatedly. I think the point we are not discussing is the judge who signed off on the "no knock" warrant. Should we not be holding them responsible for the deaths the warrants they sign cause? Do that once or twice and I'm sure judges will become more cautious about what they sign off on. I have young children and I support the LEO's attempt at getting druggies off the street. But at what cost? Is there not a way to shut the utilities and water off keep them from destroying evidence? Then surround the house, ANNOUNCE they are LE, and give the person the chance to surrender or have them kick the door in. SWAT routinely handles barricaded suspects so they have the knowledge and training to handle the situation if they decide not not come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As cute as this sign may be and as appropriate it may be, they are giving me no advance notice, why should I give them any. Besides any good prosecutor will use the presence of the sign against you in a court of law, regarding to your state of mind in advance of the entry.

I do agree with you. Hightechredneck says we should hold the judges who sign off on the no-knock warrants responsible. But by posting this sign may cause the morons to enter guns blazing!! It may take kids getting killed before we can do anything to stop this crap!

Question to ALL..........How's does a sitting Judge know what entails a NO-KNOCK warrant? Is the Judge certified in LEO protocol for this kind of intrusion into a persons property? Just a asking.
Bust my door down anytime and they'll be serious lead flying. NO REALLY, serious lead. I can only comply if notified.

Unfortunately we are headed down a slippery slope and passed the point of no return. These raids will continue to worsen along with other rights violations that will cause America to be thrown into another civil or revolutionary war and soon. I think this administration is doing all it can to provoke such a thing and to me is solely responsible for the rapid decline in morals, religion and finance and overall well being. We the people need to decide if we should to put a stop to the corruption or continue on as mere passive subjects.

I do agree with you. Hightechredneck says we should hold the judges who sign off on the no-knock warrants responsible. But by posting this sign may cause the morons to enter guns blazing!! It may take kids getting killed before we can do anything to stop this crap!

This also a result that could be defined by providing too much information. After all smart people tell you not to saying anything to LEO's. Just name, rank, and serial number, providing they let you even get that much out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back