Another Example of Firearm Ignorance

kelcarry

Just read in paper of a 25 year old man from Chesnee, SC, who attended a wedding in the Rochester, NY area and brought along his firearm. G-d forbid the idiot should have checked his ability to bring the firearm into NYS, where he, of course, did not have a permit. To make matters worse, the idiot left the firearm behind, under his pillow, when he checked out. Nothing like showing the gun control people how intelligent and responsible we are.

Oh wow, I agree. I live in the rochester suburbs. NYS is getting stupid crazy with the seven round mag capacity.
I'll bet it was a GLOCK. GLOCK people are not to smart.
:biggrin::biggrin:

Hey, this Glock person was smart enough to get the hell out of NY and move to Texas. I invite you all to join me down here. Just don't bring your old ways of voting with you.

Just read in paper of a 25 year old man from Chesnee, SC, who attended a wedding in the Rochester, NY area and brought along his firearm. G-d forbid the idiot should have checked his ability to bring the firearm into NYS, where he, of course, did not have a permit. To make matters worse, the idiot left the firearm behind, under his pillow, when he checked out. Nothing like showing the gun control people how intelligent and responsible we are.

This is the kind of thing that dooms us as "responsible" gun owners - people who do not assume and shoulder the "awesome responsibility" that comes with the right.

As much as I like the fact that SC is pretty lenient and still free. There is one thing that I do agree with stupid MA on, and it's requiring a firearms course to get a license. When I picked up my gun in SC no safety course was required. Just walked in picked it up and walked out (no license needed either). In MA you have to take a 4 hour basic firearms course which primarily informed us on all all the relevant for us (east coast) laws and obviously more in depth on our state laws.

I think everyone buying a gun for the first time should have to take this course, firearms laws are convoluted to say the least, it's really beneficial if you at least have some idea what they are.

i took the course ,yes im a wnyer, its really bad here right now, did you hear cumo went through our medical records looking for people who have ever been on anti-depressants in the last 10yrs. yea he broke the law our lawyer in hamburg n.y max t. is fighting for us.

interesting that all those with a NYS concealed carry permit could have carried at the wedding reception even if it was held in a tavern and they were ingesting alcohol, and could have carried in the church during the ceremony, and could have carried to the hospital if someone got injured at the wedding and needed to go to the emergency room.

How would that have worked out "leave-it-in-the-car" states like SC or TX?

As much as I like the fact that SC is pretty lenient and still free. There is one thing that I do agree with stupid MA on, and it's requiring a firearms course to get a license. When I picked up my gun in SC no safety course was required. Just walked in picked it up and walked out (no license needed either). In MA you have to take a 4 hour basic firearms course which primarily informed us on all all the relevant for us (east coast) laws and obviously more in depth on our state laws.

I think everyone buying a gun for the first time should have to take this course, firearms laws are convoluted to say the least, it's really beneficial if you at least have some idea what they are.

Encouraged, sure that sounds great! Required...that sounds horrible. Sounds as horrible as all the other infringements.

I have to disagree with you my friend. I'm sorry but if you need a 4 hour course which covers Laws regarding firearms then your rights are being infringed heavily. I have to disagree with a license to purchase a firearm. a license implies needing to get permission from an authority to do something/possess something that is otherwise illegal. I agree with training however but making it manditory just to buy a gun is not really liberty oriented. The truth is that firearms are not that complicated and very easy to operate and do not require extensive training before anyone simply buys one. Personally, I would take offense if I was told I was not capable of handling a firearm without undergoing training. Just seems like another way our rights are being infringed.

interesting that all those with a NYS concealed carry permit could have carried at the wedding reception even if it was held in a tavern and they were ingesting alcohol, and could have carried in the church during the ceremony, and could have carried to the hospital if someone got injured at the wedding and needed to go to the emergency room.

How would that have worked out "leave-it-in-the-car" states like SC or TX?

So glad I don't live in New York...

i took the course ,yes im a wnyer, its really bad here right now, did you hear cumo went through our medical records looking for people who have ever been on anti-depressants in the last 10yrs. yea he broke the law our lawyer in hamburg n.y max t. is fighting for us.

Nothing like another federal violation by cumo.

Flame Me now!!!! If you are a first time firearm owner, then you need to be informed of how to handle and use that particular firearm. Put some of the responsibility on the seller (ie gun shop) to assure that the purchaser has a general knowledge of handling and safety. At a gun show recently an acquaintance of mine had just completed a CHL course that My Wife and I had taken, and brought a SA 9mm for me to check out, and tried to hand it to me muzzle first, with magazine installed, and slide in battery position. I should have shot him as I was carrying concealed. I immediately sought out his instructor and informed him of this infraction. This person has NO RIGHT to own this gun, until he learns proper handling and use.

Flame Me now!!!! If you are a first time firearm owner, then you need to be informed of how to handle and use that particular firearm. Put some of the responsibility on the seller (ie gun shop) to assure that the purchaser has a general knowledge of handling and safety. At a gun show recently an acquaintance of mine had just completed a CHL course that My Wife and I had taken, and brought a SA 9mm for me to check out, and tried to hand it to me muzzle first, with magazine installed, and slide in battery position. I should have shot him as I was carrying concealed. I immediately sought out his instructor and informed him of this infraction. This person has NO RIGHT to own this gun, until he learns proper handling and use.

I understand your concern with firearm safety. But I disagree with it being manditory that someone complete training before buying a firearm. Again, guns are not that complicated and very easy to operate. I'll admit that common sense has been slipping in recent years but you do not have to prove that you've undergone automobile operating training before you buy a car. I had to show my drivers license when I test drove the last car I bought but it was not required for the purchase of the vehicle and I would argue that automobiles are far more dangerous than guns. When I buy a knife I know which end is the sharp end. No one asked to see my knife training certification. Before I go to a protest I do not need to provide my free speech certification. I am just saying that you begin to walk down a slippery slope when you begin restricting god given rights by requiring training.

Firearms Ownership requires responsible Firearms Owners.

We are today in a period of time where the populace feels the need to protect themselves from who knows what, but this generation and some prior due to no fault of their own was never exposed and/or raised around firearms giving them the opportunity to acquire basic knowledge.
Now this group of citizens want to keep and bear arms and other citizens don't want them too.
Our group feels that required training to keep and bear arms would be an infringement on the 2A, and I'M RIGHT THERE WITH YOU.
Everyone else wants training, licensing, registration, insurance and a host of other hoops for a law abiding citizen to endure before owning let alone carry a weapon in public.
NOW at what point in time are these new weapon owners going to realize that there is more to owning a fiream than simplily paying the price of admission. That ownership comes with tremendous responsibilities, that ownership requires a moral conviction of doing what is right for your fellow man because of ownership of a firearm, that ownership requires continuing cost that don't show up in something material that you can put you hands on and touch and ARE they willing to accept those responsibilities and take them to heart and really become that law abiding responsibie gun owner that they need to become.
Our modern society didn't raise gun owners, they raised intellectuals better versed on what is good for the nation through laws and resolutions rather than prinicples and actions.
So their anwser is laws requiring training and licenses to keep and bear arms and at this point there are more of them than us. So we stand and fight for what we believe in hopes that the newbies will understand what they need to do, what they are accepting through ownership and make the decision to get trained and become that law abiding gun owner that we all ARE.
Our hope is in this new generation of gun owners who are less prepared than previous generations.
May GOD Bless us all.
Dog

Why do people always compare their 2nd amendment rights with their 1st amendment rights when it comes to safety courses for firearms. When i exercise my 1st amendment rights, I won't talk someone to death. When I exercise my voting rights, I won't vote someone to death. But if I am untrained or irresponsible when e exercising my 2nd amendment rights, I might shoot someone to death.

I believe in the second amendment and I believe it is an individual right. However, with rights come responsibilities.

SCOTUS:

Mugler v. Kansas 123 U.S. 623, 659-60.
"Our system of government, based upon the individuality and intelligence
of the Citizen, the state does not claim to control him, except as his
conduct to others, leaving him the sole judge as to all that only affects
himself."

I have to disagree with you my friend. I'm sorry but if you need a 4 hour course which covers Laws regarding firearms then your rights are being infringed heavily. I have to disagree with a license to purchase a firearm. a license implies needing to get permission from an authority to do something/possess something that is otherwise illegal. I agree with training however but making it manditory just to buy a gun is not really liberty oriented. The truth is that firearms are not that complicated and very easy to operate and do not require extensive training before anyone simply buys one. Personally, I would take offense if I was told I was not capable of handling a firearm without undergoing training. Just seems like another way our rights are being infringed.

Here in the GREAT COMMY state of CT, you now need a license to buy a long gun now and even ammo! And I know Blah Blah about our politicians>>>>>>>>>>again I DID NOT vote for all but 2 who were against the laws passed!

Training could possibly reduce the number of casualties from accidental discharges. Training and accidents are not the issue. Killers and mass murderers are the issue and there is no training that will stop them. We should not compromise away our 2a rights.

You should have done what? You have no place in having a firearm either with that insane mentality.

Why do people always compare their 2nd amendment rights with their 1st amendment rights when it comes to safety courses for firearms. When i exercise my 1st amendment rights, I won't talk someone to death. When I exercise my voting rights, I won't vote someone to death. But if I am untrained or irresponsible when e exercising my 2nd amendment rights, I might shoot someone to death.

I believe in the second amendment and I believe it is an individual right. However, with rights come responsibilities.

Do you believe bullying is a problem in America? I read weekly of a person committing suicide due to verbal abuse by bullying. Words are by far more powerful than firearms.

Was Hitler not voted in?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back