Another child shot in a car

alternety

Seattle news last night said a child (3 yo I think) was shot accidentally in a car with a firearm carried in the car. Probably more details tonight.

hope it wasn't a licensed carrier or another stupid cop that leaves his guns and kids in the vehicle while he and his wife run in for a 'meeting' ????????? what the hell is wrong with folks can't be responsible for their own children and guns

Link Removed

Police say Sunnyside boy, 3, shot self in face

SUNNYSIDE, Wash. (AP) - Sunnyside police say a 3-year-old boy accidentally shot himself in the face with his father's handgun.

It happened Monday night while he and two siblings were riding in a pickup truck with their father in Sunnyside.

The boy was reported in critical condition at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.

Sgt. Joey Glossen told the Yakima Herald-Republic the father has a valid concealed weapons permit and is cooperating with investigators.

Seattle news last night said a child (3 yo I think) was shot accidentally in a car with a firearm carried in the car. Probably more details tonight.

Just curious but what do you think our take away should be from this?

That the father's a complete idiot.

especially since he was in the vehicle when it happened and should have kept it away.

in the house, i keep my 2 carry pistols in a small safe in a drawer and my 2 kids know not to even touch the drawer.

That the father's a complete idiot.
Link Removed

The reason I ask is that alter.net is a very liberal and very anti gun website where they like to post stories like this about the evils of gunzzzzz and the OP's name got me wondering

Treo - I probably don't don't hear about this type of occurrence on a national basis so I do not have a basis for evaluation. That said, there seems to be an inordinate number of people in this area that just don't seem to understand that they should keep their firearms away from children in a car.

IIRC, this is the third instance in about a year around here. Be gentle, I have an old leaky brain.

And, as a side issue to the damage and distress, it gives the anti gun people leverage. Nothing on an individual case better for them than a child getting hurt.

Treo - You posted while I was writing. Rest easy. The name is from science fiction. It references a universe with alternate parallel realities. The basis is that for every (significant) event a new universe (think of it perhaps as a time line) is created. Much use has been made of travel between these alternate universes in the genera. And, indeed, the guys that chase around little bitty particles are thinking along those lines. The parallel dimension thing.

And, of course, there is some empirical evidence of parallel universes. Think politics.

The reason I ask is that alter.net is a very liberal and very anti gun website where they like to post stories like this about the evils of gunzzzzz and the OP's name got me wondering

Now THIS is anti-gun:
Link Removed

"Sunnyside WA: gun discharges in car, wounding boy"

It was obviously the gun's fault.

Wait I thought letting kids play with loaded weapons was the thing to do these days? As demostrated in the video below.

All kidding aside, im not suprised this happened in the area it did. Sunnyside seems to be becoming "little Yakima". Sucks for the kid that the Dad is an idiot.

Link Removed

Police say Sunnyside boy, 3, shot self in face

SUNNYSIDE, Wash. (AP) - Sunnyside police say a 3-year-old boy accidentally shot himself in the face with his father's handgun.

It happened Monday night while he and two siblings were riding in a pickup truck with their father in Sunnyside.

The boy was reported in critical condition at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.

Sgt. Joey Glossen told the Yakima Herald-Republic the father has a valid concealed weapons permit and is cooperating with investigators.

Carry Permit and no brain...You can see this all the time.

Treo - I probably don't don't hear about this type of occurrence on a national basis so I do not have a basis for evaluation. That said, there seems to be an inordinate number of people in this area that just don't seem to understand that they should keep their firearms away from children in a car.

IIRC, this is the third instance in about a year around here. Be gentle, I have an old leaky brain.

And, as a side issue to the damage and distress, it gives the anti gun people leverage. Nothing on an individual case better for them than a child getting hurt.

Treo - You posted while I was writing. Rest easy. The name is from science fiction. It references a universe with alternate parallel realities. The basis is that for every (significant) event a new universe (think of it perhaps as a time line) is created. Much use has been made of travel between these alternate universes in the genera. And, indeed, the guys that chase around little bitty particles are thinking along those lines. The parallel dimension thing.

And, of course, there is some empirical evidence of parallel universes. Think politics.

I really like Sci-Fy and Western novels.
Too bad the little boys father is an idiot! As a CC permit holder he should know better than that.
But it seems fools are starting (?) to out number us.:bad:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back