Ammo Storage Without Gun Safe

mwhals

Where do most people store their ammo if they don't have a gun safe? Ammo boxes? Can they be locked?

I keep mine in ammo cans labeled with their caliber using our Link Removed.

I keep mine in ammo cans labeled with their caliber using our Link Removed.

I too store most of mine in ammo cans, but I dont have any labels, I just use a sharpie to mark the outside of the cans....
What isnt stored in cans is generally in the bottom of the gun cabinet or in the range bag..... and maybe a spare box of carry ammo in my glovebox.

Those stickers are sweet though... would make it MUCH easier to see what was in the cans at a glance....

Keep mine in a metal locker cabinet, as the pistols and rifles in two others, never had a problem till one day I forgot to turn off the alarm wired to the cabinets, along with a electric fencer:fie:

I don't lock up my guns or my ammo... besides locking up my apartment. No one should be coming in here anyways... I live alone.

My ammo is in ammo cans, split between 2 locations. My labels are pieces of masking tape with whats in the can. All the ammo cans are in a secondary locked cabinets.

I don't lock up my guns or my ammo... besides locking up my apartment. No one should be coming in here anyways... I live alone.

I assume your apartment management has a duplicate key? It's not about that no one should be entering your apartment, but that some one actually could, using a duplicate key, locksmith tools, or force.

I lock up my guns, but not my ammo. I currently store my ammo in plastic Zombie Max Ammo Cans, not specifically labeled.

Mines in ammo boxes or old tool boxes sorted by caliber. I keep half at home and half at my office two miles away.

Well yeah, because that's going to stop a thief.

I lock up my guns because I don't want to go through the hassle of replacing them. The ammunition is in a closet on a shelf , what are they going to do throw the rounds at people?

I lock up my guns because I don't want to go through the hassle of replacing them. The ammunition is in a closet on a shelf , what are they going to do throw the rounds at people?

Load into guns they steal from another home.

I have my guns in a safe, ammo in plastic ammo cans in a closet, Sharpie labeled. Assuming you have room, which I do, is there any reason NOT to store it in the gun safe? I keep a couple loaded pistols and a couple extra loaded mags not in the safe.

I thought the same thing until someone broke into my house when I wasn't home.
I assume your apartment management has a duplicate key? It's not about that no one should be entering your apartment, but that some one actually could, using a duplicate key, locksmith tools, or force.

I lock up my guns, but not my ammo. I currently store my ammo in plastic Zombie Max Ammo Cans, not specifically labeled.
Thats why I said supposed to be... anyone illegally entering my apartment is doing so illegally. The owners/management also cannot legally enter, key or not, unless its an emergency. When they want in, they schedule it, and I am there.

I'm on a third floor I cannot get a heavy safe into. I also am not allowed to make changes like bolting something to the floor. If someone is breaking in to my apartment, any safe I actually could have could be stolen or broken into as well, meaning my guns are still gone... I don't see what I could do to change this. I'd need a very large heavy safe that they couldn't open, or get down the stairs easy enough to want to do it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back