America is a Christian Nation

Trout: You say you have been reading here for some time so you should know that XD takes delight in putting down our God and will jump at any post contrary to his opinion. He seems to be a very intelligent person but seems to have some particular bent against religion so, my advice would be to just ignore his acerbic comments. Otherwise, all you will be doing is continuing to feed his ego. Watch and see.

Many wonder how Christians will respond to the ceremony. Minister Todd Sanders, of Strictly Biblical Bible Teaching Ministries in Detroit, says this is a great opportunity for the church.
Sanders said that this satanic unveiling is indicative of the end times spoken of in the Bible.

Oh boy...here we go...another nut in the fire.

[h=1]List of dates predicted for apocalyptic events[/h]
Spoiler Alert - they were all wrong.

Trout: You say you have been reading here for some time so you should know that XD takes delight in putting down our God and will jump at any post contrary to his opinion. He seems to be a very intelligent person but seems to have some particular bent against religion so, my advice would be to just ignore his acerbic comments. Otherwise, all you will be doing is continuing to feed his ego. Watch and see.

Yet again OG, it is not your god I have issues with, anymore than I have issues with the leprechauns or the easter bunny, but the christians that wish to cram their god into the lives of everyone, regardless of their beliefs, and you damn right, I will continue to push back against any and all ignorance be it the anti gun crowd, or the you must follow my gods rules crowd.

Believe what ever the hell you want, but like your wanker, keep it private and never attempt to force it on anyone.... really simple but apparently beyond your grasp.

What a lie! Blues proved it in another thread! You are exactly what he said you are... a troll. A very hateful troll.

Definition of "Troll":

A term used by people with limited intellectually capacity when they can't articulate a reasoned response to a logical rational statement that they don't like.

"Hateful Troll" : A phrase used by godiots in response to a reasoned logical statement that exposes either the idiocy of their claims or the true intent of their actions.

Yes I saw that. I asked him what happened to make him so mad about religion. I know atheists and they certainly don't attack everyone. If he doesn't believe that's OK. But to ridicule every believer suggests something more is at work.

XD is intelligent? I would have never guessed that, by his comments. Hmmmmmmm...........

Yes I saw that. I asked him what happened to make him so mad about religion.

Not religion, but the mindless followers of religion, who are mistaken in the belief that they can impose their hate upon everyone through civil law, and the SCOTUS has repeatedly support the position that, oh hell no you can't. Slaver, women's rights, segregation, interracial marriage, SSM. Time and time again, the Supreme Court has said oh hell now you can't, it is in direct conflict with the Constitution, the law of the land.

We the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts–not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Not religion, but the mindless followers of religion, who are mistaken in the belief that they can impose their hate upon everyone through civil law, and the SCOTUS has repeatedly support the position that, oh hell no you can't. Slaver, women's rights, segregation, interracial marriage, SSM. Time and time again, the Supreme Court has said oh hell now you can't, it is in direct conflict with the Constitution, the law of the land.
I'm a Christian man. I don't push my beliefs on anyone. I'm certainly not "mindless" and don't hold hate for anyone. So why do I need to be hammered for making a religious statement? I've done nothing to anyone. And who appointed you to confront everything religious? That's just as bad as a Christian attacking you. I know a bit about human nature. And I'm sorry, but there's something else at play. What person feels the need to attack anyone who makes a religious statement? And what is behind that urge. Leave people to their beliefs, they're entitled to it. That in no way hurts you. I went back and read this thread. Vitriol toward everything religion. I feel quite bad.

I'm a Christian man. I don't push my beliefs on anyone. I'm certainly not "mindless" and don't hold hate for anyone. So why do I need to be hammered for making a religious statement? I've done nothing to anyone. And who appointed you to confront everything religious? That's just as bad as a Christian attacking you. I know a bit about human nature. And I'm sorry, but there's something else at play. What person feels the need to attack anyone who makes a religious statement? And what is behind that urge. Leave people to their beliefs, they're entitled to it. That in no way hurts you. I went back and read this thread. Vitriol toward everything religion. I feel quite bad.

When we see ignorance being spewed we can either ignore it and thus let it germinate and spread or we can confront it in hope of curing the ancient disease that has fueled much mayhem and genocide. Belief in supernatural beings is like heroine - we may have compassion for the addict, but we must not lose contempt for the dealers and the drug.

I agree, and if this is accurate, please continue with your beliefs.

You don't list your home state, but several states including mine had anti-gay initiates on the ballot? NC's passed easily, adding christian hate to the state constitution, but was ruled unconstitutional prior to the SCOTUS ruling. If your state had any anti-gay initiatives on the ballot (or if they had) would you have voted to deny them the same rights you have? When the SCOTUS ruling came down, did you post hated on any forum or social media?

Also, because I have no idea where you live, you may have no true picture of how much hate was demonstrated in the more 'christian' areas, specifically the bible belt. Half the preachers in the area made their way to the courthouse steps to express their hate in front of the TV cameras, at a rally whose sole purpose was to show their hate for another group of people. If you don't subscribe to this behavior by christians, great, but that does not change my mind about the harm religion causes.

We often here the complaint that moderate muslims do not speak up against the radical muslims. The same can be said about christians. The christians filled with hate and that freely express it put a stain on all followers.

We have staked the whole future of American civilization, not upon the power of government, far from it. We’ve staked the future of all our political institutions upon our capacity…to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God.” James Madison

When we see ignorance being spewed we can either ignore it and thus let it germinate and spread or we can confront it in hope of curing the ancient disease that has fueled much mayhem and genocide. Belief in supernatural beings is like heroine - we may have compassion for the addict, but we must not lose contempt for the dealers and the drug.
So who appointed you the ignorance police. And there is no definitive ruling on who is ignorant. You say you think religion is ignorance and you must stop it? Wow! That seems to show an anti-religion mission at work. This ancient disease you speak of is Old Testament. That's the Jewish Bible, not Christianity. The new testament is about forgiveness and the love of our God, whether that's a being or nature. Who doesn't love the natural world. Aside from the rabid pastors kike Jeremiah Wright, Michael Pfleger and the Westboro Wackos, the vast majority of Christians are simply decent people. I hate to see any religious confrontation over beliefs. Simply live and let live. Blaming Christianity for the sins of the nut-jobs is exactly the same as blaming the gun for the killing.

We all must remember that the ignorance of Christianity during the Crusades and middle-ages is much different than the majority of belief today. We cannot constantly petition backward for blame. It cannot be resolved. Comparing Christians to the ignorance of a very dumb world population 1,000 years ago is no different than saying we're white and thus must be pro-slavery. Did you own a slave, know anyone who owned a slave or anyone who was ever a slave? Of course not. The actions of the few DO NOT define the beliefs of the many.

So who appointed you the ignorance police. And there is no definitive ruling on who is ignorant. You say you think religion is ignorance and you must stop it? Wow! That seems to show an anti-religion mission at work. This ancient disease you speak of is Old Testament. That's the Jewish Bible, not Christianity. The new testament is about forgiveness and the love of our God, whether that's a being or nature. Who doesn't love the natural world. Aside from the rabid pastors kike Jeremiah Wright, Michael Pfleger and the Westboro Wackos, the vast majority of Christians are simply decent people. I hate to see any religious confrontation over beliefs. Simply live and let live. Blaming Christianity for the sins of the nut-jobs is exactly the same as blaming the gun for the killing.

We all must remember that the ignorance of Christianity during the Crusades and middle-ages is much different than the majority of belief today. We cannot constantly petition backward for blame. It cannot be resolved. Comparing Christians to the ignorance of a very dumb world population 1,000 years ago is no different than saying we're white and thus must be pro-slavery. Did you own a slave, know anyone who owned a slave or anyone who was ever a slave? Of course not. The actions of the few DO NOT define the beliefs of the many.

promoting and spreading belief in a supernatural being that gives humans commands is the same, if not worse, than dealing in drugs.

If you heard your god say "feed the hungry children in your neighborhood" would you?

Now, what if you heard your god say "kill your son"? Would you be like Abraham and obey? Or would you think "something is wrong in my head, I'm hearing voices!"

The message one hears from those voices doesn't change the validity of the voice - it is either real or fake. Which do you think it is?

As for history, are you claiming that the people who "interpreted" Jesus for the first 1960 years, resulting in hatred of Jews and enslavement and bigotry of Blacks (ironic because Jesus was a Black Jew) were dead wrong and that the modern christians of the last 55 years have finally gotten it right?

How about that gay marriage thing? Which interpretation of Jesus has that right?

Every heroine dealer is equally responsible for the addict that stole your neighbor's TV.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back