Alcohol in Restaurants

SCfromNY

Just voicing my frustration again on SC NOT passing some sort of restaurant carry bill. More states than not allow you to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol. And now the worst of all: Illinois's new concealed carry bill allows for carry in restaurants that sell alcohol. ILLINOIS!!!

I hope we start work on a STAND ALONE restaurant bill in January and not wait till April. I also wish I got six months vacation.

NE allows it ... sort of. One of the prohibited places is any establishment with a liquor license that "derives over one -half of its total income from the sale of alcoholic liquor". But they don't have to post and don't really have to even tell you if you ask; they don't carry the burden. Those of us who carry just have to guess. I would rather just have it specified in the law, although my guess is that most will disagree with me on that point.

This has always been one of my arguments too, How do you know if the establishment serves or not. I have been in a couple of places that you would not think about serving alcohol but they did.
Took my grandson to the pirates adventure, walked about 1/2 mile, got inside was herded around to several different areas and viola, there goes a tray of beers being carried by the waitress.
SO, I was already inside not able to return to the car and stow the weapon. I was forced to be in violation for the remainder of the show. This happens to many of us I am sure, It's already unlawful for us to carry and consume, what's the problem???

Just voicing my frustration again on SC NOT passing some sort of restaurant carry bill. More states than not allow you to carry in restaurants that serve alcohol. And now the worst of all: Illinois's new concealed carry bill allows for carry in restaurants that sell alcohol. ILLINOIS!!!

I hope we start work on a STAND ALONE restaurant bill in January and not wait till April. I also wish I got six months vacation.

S308 is still alive and will get attention in January. Why would we want to see a new bill introduced that would just end up in the same spot? H3053 is sitting in committee if one wants to start this little fiasco over again.

Well in their defense as to the vacation thing, that's not exactly true. Look up their salaries and you'll understand why most, if not all of them actually have a primary occupation and the political things is secondary. That would only apply to the federal government. Now those guys get a lot of time off...but when they're working, I won't necessarily say all are working hard, but they're at least busy 90% of the time.

When we vacation in myrtle beach I find this no carry in restaurants absurd to say the least.

Hopefully you guys get it fixed before I return next summer ;)

Of course no IL citizen will have a permit until late 2014.

NC just passed restaurants carry, effective 10/1/13.

Sent from my ADR6400L using USA Carry mobile app

Of course no IL citizen will have a permit until late 2014.

NC just passed restaurants carry, effective 10/1/13.

Sent from my ADR6400L using USA Carry mobile app
I won't say I usually CC in restaurants here in NC but it's nice to see NC has finally come to their senses (or at least the Legislature-GOP controlled). Looking forward to OCT first.

I won't say I usually CC in restaurants here in NC but it's nice to see NC has finally come to their senses (or at least the Legislature-GOP controlled). Looking forward to OCT first.

Good for NC!

At least there seems to be some people in the gov't up there with some common sense.

SC...what a joke.

Good for NC!

At least there seems to be some people in the gov't up there with some common sense.

SC...what a joke.
What I've been curious about though is, if you were a representative in SC, would it be frowned upon to call some of the anti-gun representatives when they're trying to intentionally stall the session like they did this past time? Like when Sen. Reese got up there and started giving all those bs amendments, I couldn't have held my tongue. Why exactly are they so laid back about that crap?

Two things.

1. What would you hope to accomplish? The more time you spend on your tantrum, the less time he has to spend talking. Nothing you say is going to get him out of the well, so helping him burn time is counter productive.
2. Their job isn't only to get pro-gun laws passed, they also have to work together on many other things that effect you. There are rules and etiquette. Getting yourself sanctioned (or worse) for calling out another Senator, while simultaneously helping him keep control of the floor seems not only counter productive, but silly.

Just let him talk until he doesn't have anything more to say.

The idiots (Special interest) will kill it again because they must have their way...And they have the nerve to use the words "Gun Rights" in the BS emails and web sites........If they stopped the whining about the time restrictions we would be able to carry now...And then we could go back and fight to improve the law...BUT NO THE B!T@HES would not shut their brat mouths.

Your right I have zero patients for Wolves in Sheep Clothing!

I really hope this gets settled in NC as I want to build a house there. I'd like to think another Luby's Café shooting could be stopped by a patron.

Glad to see NC passed a bill. However I will take "no carry" in restaurants over that silly if you pay admission you can not carry.

Glad to see NC passed a bill. However I will take "no carry" in restaurants over that silly if you pay admission you can not carry.
You'd rather not be able to carry in ANY restaurant that serves alcohol (Chilis, Fatz, Outback, etc.) over having a bill that just says you can't carry if you paid to get in, otherwise it's fair game? That's just cutting your nose off to spite your face.

I must be missing something, because the bill posted in the "NC" state section clearly says you CAN carry a concealed weapon into an assembly where an admission is charged.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back