Advice Requested

Crudcake

Good to be here. I carry regularly and I‘m licensed ccw in my state (which also allows constitutional carry). Anyway, many times, I reach a condition where legal ccw isn’t allowed. An example would be carrying to a National Monument or event where ccw isn’t legally allowed.

My question to you all is:
What‘s your opinions on a temporary, best way to store your firearm while entering events or buildings? Any inputs on a good vehicle safe of similar way of temporary, secure storage.

I recently was in a situation where I was forced to temporarily store my firearm in my locked vehicle for a couple days in a portable gun safe and I didn’t care to leave the firearm. I’d like to get opinions on these situations from experienced ccw.

Thank you!

Crudcake

What type of vehicle do you drive? That is going to be the first consideration, IMHO.
Ditto. Start with the configuration of the vehicle and then work from there. Depending upon your resources, there's a variety of locking compartment inserts for today's sporty transports, small to large SUVS and light trucks. Browse the internet for aftermarket accessories.

Whatever you do, mitigate the depth of potential loss and liability by segregating any ammo from the hardware left in the vehicle. For goodness sake, don't give a thief a loaded gun: if you must leave a weapon unattended in a vehicle, throw your six or eight loose rounds, or a full magazine and solitary .45 ACP cartridge, e.g., in your bag or jacket. Go about your business, return to your vehicle and reload for the drive back to your castle.

Me? I gotta have lots of odds n' ends in my cup holders and nooks - first aid, 🔦, rags (I make my own from old t-shirts to lube and wipe), the usual little boy stuff.

Nuttin' gunnie!

Never!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back