accident discharge

never for me. I've been extremely careful my entire life and am always cautious with everytihng I do. I have also been an Electronics mechanic for 17 years on aircraft so safety is second nature. I do know a guy who shot himself in the foot with an XD-40 with hollow point though. I haven't gone shooting with him since

never for me. I've been extremely careful my entire life and am always cautious with everytihng I do. I have also been an Electronics mechanic for 17 years on aircraft so safety is second nature. I do know a guy who shot himself in the foot with an XD-40 with hollow point though. I haven't gone shooting with him since

What afraid you will catch his limp! lol

Not me but a friend. Short version; Two identical XD 9mm autos side by side, one cleared for cleaning one not. Then the phone rang and upon return he picked up the wrong one. Link Removed

I bought a Saturday night special 9mm from "friend" I loaded a mag in it and racked the slide it started firing and didn't stop till the mag was empty, that was the last time I ever bought a used gun
Good Lord, sigboy, glad you weren't hurt. What a shock that would have been.

In the early 70's I bought a new Mossberg 12 gauge pump to hunt with. Sometimes it would fire when I racked the slide to insert a shell. (finger nowhere close to the trigger) I got rid of the weapon & never used another Mossberg pump shotgun. I just don't trust them.

By the grace of God and being careful, have never had one. Tend to be very careful by nature. Many years as a paramedic allowed me to see many stupid acts causing harm or death.

Had an ND with a bb gun while in college. Was unfamiliar with the action mechanism and did not realize a bb was advanced into the chamber when the trigger was pulled and the safety was on. Needless to say I'm not sure how it happened once the safety came off but I have a nice little scar on my inner thigh.

I can admit to one. I had gone to the range and had gotten home and was cleaning my Glock 19. While I was reassembling the pistol, my neighbor stopped in for a visit. We talked for a few minutes as I finished and during this time I cycled the slide and dry fired it a few times. I then wanted to test the slide lock so I reached into my range bag for a magazine, inserted it, racked the slide, then pulled the trigger. BANG!
There are a number of things I did wrong: 1. Had live ammo in the same area where I was cleaning the gun (This no longer happens). 2. I was too busy talking to realize that I was loading a full magazine into the pistol. 3. I did not check the chamber when the slide was racked to verify no cartridge was present. 3. Because I was in conversation, I did not pay attention to the fact that the slide did not lock (which was my purpose for putting what I expected to be an empty magazine in the pistol to begin with)
Now for the only good part of my scary lesson. I followed the rule that you never point a gun at something you do not want to destroy. The round went into the concrete garage floor two feet in front of me. I can not begin to explain how pissed I was at myself and I realize that at that moment my life could have been ruined.
The reason I am writing this is to pass on a valuable lesson. Do not allow yourself to become complacent; EVER! I can only surmise that the only reason no one was hurt was where I chose to aim. This has changed the way I handle my weapons FOREVER. I had gotten too complacent and the main safety (my brain) was taking care of other matters. DO NOT EVER ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN TO YOU!

Ultimately, the point I was trying to convey is that I thought I was careful too. And 99.99999999999% of the time, I was. Do not allow yourself to BELIEVE you are careful, KNOW (by careful conscious thought) that YOU ARE CAREFUL!

Ok yes once I had a ND. Young and new to guns. I was given my grandfathers old marlin 22 rifle. I stripped it down, cleaned it. Here is where I got stupid. During reassembly I had put the loaded mag in before putting the bolt in. Then after it was all together I was inspecting the trigger guard because it wasn't aligned straight with the trigger. Bang. The stock butt was on my thigh and the barrel was pointing straight up. I was sitting in my bedroom. There was attic space above my room thank goodness. Lesson learned early and never forgotten.

I had a ND back several years ago. We used to do a LOT of late night varmint hunting and I always carried a rifle in a back window rifle rack. We were chasing a coyote one night and I had set up on the door frame with the rifle across the top of the cab and was ready to pull the trigger, but he got away before I could get off a shot. Got down and put the rifle back in the rack. We got home and I reached back to get the rifle out of the rack and it went off. I felt the air/bullet or something on the back of my head as the bullet went out the side window. We live in a remote area so no worry about it hitting someone, but it scared me to death. I am normally very good about safety, but let that one slip on me.

A buddy of mines best friend had a ND he will never forgot. Him and his brother were best friends. Always playing pranks on each other. Very friendly wild kids. They were shooting one day in the back woods and they had gone in for lunch. One of the kids brother was making soup with his GF when hos brother took the gun kidding around put it to the back of hos brothers head abd pulled the trigger. Dead at 22 by at .45 to the head. Never saw it coming. His girlfriend ended up in hospital from PTS and the kid ran for 3 days before being arrested. In that very moment there mother single parent husband had died years ago and her boys were he r life. Hes serving some timenandnwont be gettin out soon. I feel bad for the mother. Lost her life to ND that shouldnt of even happend.

I bought a Saturday night special 9mm from "friend" I loaded a mag in it and racked the slide it started firing and didn't stop till the mag was empty, that was the last time I ever bought a used gun

wow could it have been someone tried to make an automatic out of that gun or did you ever find out why it did that???
that would prolly freak the bejeezus out of me enough to never want to rack another gun for a long long time

I was 15 hunting with my dad he wanted to make a brush drive. We traded guns he took my 3030 I took his 7mm I slung it on my shoulder. While walking I reached back to adjust the gun it went off. Always check your saftey and adjust your sling.

Best thing I was ever taught was to never dry fire a gun. Every time I pull a trigger I expect it to go bang.

Had one uncle ND another uncle while they were getting out of a canoe to go into their hunting area. My uncle died on the spot, and my other uncle was plagued by that memory for his entire life.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back