AARGHH! The casing is hot!

Tea Man

I was shooting my Sig P250c 40sw and the gun throws the casings high that they hit the ceiling of the stall and sometimes land on me. This time the casing landed between my eyebrow and the temple of my glasses.

It really burned that I got a nice scab duh.

Sometimes I'll find a casing in my pocket, go down in my collar, etc. Maybe I should hold my gun gangsta style. :laugh:

I was shooting my Sig P250c 40sw and the gun throws the casings high that they hit the ceiling of the stall and sometimes land on me. This time the casing landed between my eyebrow and the temple of my glasses.

It really burned that I got a nice scab duh.

Sometimes I'll find a casing in my pocket, go down in my collar, etc. Maybe I should hold my gun gangsta style. :laugh:

How about wearing a cap, with the brim facing forward (the right way)

Yeah hot brass sucks. I had an ejected case land on my bicep last night at IDPA and it stuck to my skin on contact. I had to wait till I was done with the string of fire and "slide, hammer, holster" before pulling it off.

Whenever I go to the range, I wear a baseball cap. Brass between your glasses and face can really burn.

Another trick is to button up your shirt to the top. Nothing like doing the "hot brass dance" when one goes down your shirt.

Whenever I go to the range, I wear a baseball cap. Brass between your glasses and face can really burn.

Another trick is to button up your shirt to the top. Nothing like doing the "hot brass dance" when one goes down your shirt.

LOL, I've done that and I wear Tshirts so there's nothing to button. At least I have the mind to put the gun down before I danced around.

Yeah hot brass sucks. I had an ejected case land on my bicep last night at IDPA and it stuck to my skin on contact. I had to wait till I was done with the string of fire and "slide, hammer, holster" before pulling it off.

Have had then do that with me, too...right in the crook of the elbow...nice white scar.

My problem is that I'm left eye dominant, but right handed with sidearms & left eye dominant and left handed with long guns, So I tend to get hit with hot brass a little more often than I would like to....
LOL! =-)

The sig p250 is known to do that out of the box. Mine used to do that. Put 250 rounds through it...clean it...250 more...clean it...and it should start throwing them to the right. I think it just takes a little bit for the extractor to loosen up.

A good set of shoot-N glasses have a little cover just so this does not happen. Even with a ball cap this may occur. With our eyes we can not be too careful.

Took a female friend shooting, I forgot to tell her not to wear a low cut shirt. A spent .40 case from my 229 went right down her shirt. Left a nice burn..... She didn't go for the "I'll give it a kiss and make it all better" bit. :: shucks::

Had a casing come flying out of an AK over the divider and get wedged between my glasses and forehead, nice scar there still. Since then a hat has been added to my range equipment.

Took a female friend shooting, I forgot to tell her not to wear a low cut shirt. A spent .40 case from my 229 went right down her shirt. Left a nice burn..... She didn't go for the "I'll give it a kiss and make it all better" bit. :: shucks::

Did you act like a gentleman and reach in to help her? :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back