A Society-Crippling Electromagnetic Pulse

Poor Ringo

Link Removed

His source?

Michael T. Snyder is a fundamentalist Christian crank who has started numerous blogs as a testament to his raging insane belief that the world is about to end. He started with The Economic Collapse Blog in 2007, with constant articles stating how the world is going to hell every single day since the meltdown started in 2007.

Michael T. Snyder - RationalWiki

Poor scared little Ringo

Poor Ringo

Link Removed

His source?

Michael T. Snyder is a fundamentalist Christian crank who has started numerous blogs as a testament to his raging insane belief that the world is about to end. He started with The Economic Collapse Blog in 2007, with constant articles stating how the world is going to hell every single day since the meltdown started in 2007.

Poor scared little Ringo
Last I checked an EMP is a natural phenomenon caused by solar flares. For those who watch the science channel, astronomers (not religious people) are predicting an increase in solar flare intensity. If you rely on a pacemaker to live this should be of concern.

If you live outside a big city far away and have planned this it would not be an issue. If you are fully prepared and have moved away, if you are able that is and willing, then it would even be a good thing. The time we spend in the city at a Walmart running in to texting idiots makes us upset. We have books, fuel and peace of mind body and soul. The bad points are the folks in the hospital, on life saving drugs and the rush to leave. Read Killer Caravans and other worse case novels and stories. With out electricity we would be in the 1800's, maybe a good thing to reset or restart our society. It also would depend on your faith. Faint in man or in a god or the G-d or not.

Poor Ringo

Link Removed

His source?

Poor scared little Ringo

Brings nothing to the table except name calling, insults, and school yard taunts.

Howdy...

The OP ... that was only post to agitate a group of simple minded idiot(s)...

There is only two people agitated by Ringo...and they define themselves very well.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

As we were doing a few thing this a.m. I thought back, why throw insults at a fellow forum member who is just posting F.Y.I., take it or leave it, I don't get the insults? Guess we are not all "Friends and Family"???:frown:

EMP can also be man-made. It can take out a city, a state, or a country. you all should catch up in weapons technology. When it happens nothing that works on electricity will be of any use. That goes for battery operated items also. Generators will not work, so don't go there. I said nothing that used electricity will work, not your car (battery and spark plugs, electric) and not your digital combo lock gun safe, walkie-talkies or ham radios. This could set America back to the 1700's if we are attacked with EMP. This is a scientific fact (religious or not)

EMP can also be man-made. It can take out a city, a state, or a country. you all should catch up in weapons technology. When it happens nothing that works on electricity will be of any use. That goes for battery operated items also. Generators will not work, so don't go there. I said nothing that used electricity will work, not your car (battery and spark plugs, electric) and not your digital combo lock gun safe, walkie-talkies or ham radios. This could set America back to the 1700's if we are attacked with EMP. This is a scientific fact (religious or not)

As to the electronic safes, I was in the local Tractor Supply store a few months ago, they have a good selection of safes, I asked the clerk what would happen in an EMP, she did not know what an EMP was. These stores are great and most of the clerks are country type cowboy, cowgirl but still texting types and not aware of many issues and problems.

Poor Ringo

Link Removed

His source?

Poor scared little Ringo

Link Removed

Last I checked an EMP is a natural phenomenon caused by solar flares. For those who watch the science channel, astronomers (not religious people) are predicting an increase in solar flare intensity. If you rely on a pacemaker to live this should be of concern.

Please show me where I denied the existence of EMP's and the damage they can do. But to become an hysterical quaking loon because it might happen makes for a very sad existence.

This too could happen:
Link Removed
Sweet dreams

No, the point was that Ringo's source is a raging end-of-the-world loon. And the sad fact that Ringo buys into that loon's nonsense.

As usual with XD, it's much more difficult to hide his ignorance than to acquire knowledge.

Life Is Good. :victory:

~ Abortion Is The Number One Cause Of Death In The United States ~
(57 Million Murdered Children & Counting )
God Bless America??​

Congratulations you are the second to attack me over something that I did NOT say. Your argument immediately fails as it is based on bull excrement you simply made up.

So next are your going to tell us that god is doing it to punish someone?

They happen (EMP's), I never denied that, my point was and is, your original source is a raging end-of-the-world lunatic. Like most doom-sayers, it doesn't seem to faze your original source one bit that every one of his past predictions of economic collapse were dead wrong. This horrendous track record would cause most people to reevaluate their beliefs in the effort to one day be right. Yet, he (and you) simply refuses to even address or acknowledge that he has been wrong thousands of times,

This could also happen tomorrow, but I'll be damned if I'm going to spend my time shating my pants in irrational fear over something I can do noting about.

Link Removed

As usual with XD, it's much more difficult to hide his ignorance than to acquire knowledge.

God Bless America??​

Why is he on here?

This could also happen tomorrow, but I'll be damned...

Finally some truth. Nuff said.

God Bless America??​

Finally some truth. Nuff said.

First by this I meant the image I posted.

Second I never denied the existence of or danger of EMP's, but mocking your chicken little reaction to the possibility. Nothing is certain, except death, grow up and deal with it. You really must lay awake at night scared senseless of everything that is beyond your control.

And your original source is a certified whack-job

The only protection from most EMP's is something called a Faraday Cage. It shields the electronics from circuitry overloads that cause the to fry during an EMP.
One thing civilization can assured of is that eventually it will all end. That's just the way it is. Less than 5% of the species that have existed are alive today. The rest fell to some disastrous calamity. An EMP will eventually occur. Perhaps from a solar flare or perhaps from a weaponized pulse (nuclear or direct EMP). I tend to think the weapon to be the more probable. I also believe that weapon will be used as some kind of apocalyptic mindset. As president of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad made no secret that he believes Iran will bring about the great apocalyptic war that will determine the real God. Be very concerned.
My God, what will the millennium generation do when their iPod fries? They'll actually have to talk to someone. :eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back