A Sheep Dog's Prayer

Treo

Bullet Proof
I read this on defensivecarry.com it was originally posted here ,

Dr. Kevin Keough: The Sheepdog's Prayer

It so caught the spirit of the sheep dog (which I’m sure some of you know defensivecarry.com personifies) that I just had to share it here. Enjoy

The Knights of Olde were Men of Honor
Who used their Might For Right!
Today they’re known as Sheepdogs,
Those who carry on the fight.

I am a tired old Sheepdog,
The guardian of my flock.
I keep the predators at bay
And stand watch around the clock.

Please stop the Sheep from pulling my teeth.
I’ll need them for the fight,
When the hungry Wolves come calling
Some dark and deadly night.

I pray I'll never need my gun,
But someday if I do,
May my cause be just!
My draw be quick!
And my aim be ever true!

Heaven holds a special place
For those who do the deed,
Defenders of the innocent
In their hour of need.

May the Sheep someday be grateful.
There’s a debt they can not pay
To the Sheepdogs who lay it on the line
Each and every day.

I am proud to be a Sheepdog.
I've done my very best.
I'll stand my watch until my Maker
Calls me home to rest.

But when I meet St. Peter
There's just one request I’ll make,
“Please let me spend Eternity
Standing guard at Heaven's Gate”.

Lord, help us bring this ''Age of Sheep''
To a rapid end.
Then fill this land with Sheepdogs,
Men of Honor, once again.

This prayer is dedicated
To those who bravely face,
The dangers all around us,
To make our world a safer place.

To the soldiers, cops and warriors-
Sheepdogs through and through.
Thank you for your service
And your sacrifices too.
Amen

Dr. Kevin Keough: The Sheepdog's Prayer

ROTFLMAO!!!! Now they have a prayer LOL! Whats next a members only jacket and patch? When do the "sheepdog" uniforms come out? When I hear the word "sheepdog" it makes me think of a scanner buddy riding around in full kit, just waiting for his chance to respond and become a hero. I love how they refear to themselves as "like knights of old" yet another way to say they think of themselves as being better then "none sheephogs". They see other permit holds as unfit to hold the permit because they do not enbrace the "sheepdog" mind set (as has been shown on this forum already by those who think of themselves as "sheepdogs").

How dare you mock the sanctity of thje noble sheeeeeeeep dog! I bet you don't even have a CCW. Heathen!!!!!!

There actually was an attempt at getting together a group buy of "sheep dog lapel pins" on the old THR several years ago. The idea was to wear them so that other permit holders wouldn't shoot you if you had to draw your weapon to defend the food court

I guess you just weren't thinking :pleasantry: "tactical" :pleasantry: for a moment there. :laugh:

LOL:biggrin: What happens if you get fired from the "sheepdog department"? Do you have to turn in your badge, permit and gun? Can you carry over your 401k and health? :sarcastic::sarcastic:

LOL:biggrin: What happens if you get fired from the "sheepdog department"? Do you have to turn in your badge, permit and gun? Can you carry over your 401k and health? :sarcastic::sarcastic:

You become a permanent fixture on Defensivecarry.com; where you spend the rest of your life advising people to inform any cop w/ in a quater mile of you that you are legally armed :biggrin: to "show respect'

Yeah, we just had that whole discussion in another post and they sheepdogs got pretty mad when we didn't subscibe to their view of themselves.

It's actually not a half way bad site, in all fairness.[/QUOT

I dislike the title "sheepdog!" Why do they feel they need a title? If they really feel they need a title when carrying, one has to ask are they really carrying for the right reasons? I dislike how they feel they are in someway better then the rest of their peers who carry. How they feel they are the elitest of the CCW world and everyone else should kiss their *****. They look upon their fellow peers as unfit to carry/even hold a CCW becasue we do not feel it is our job to protect society from the evil doers. They refer to themselves as "The knights of old" again pointing at their elitest mindset. As was already pointed out sheepdogs work for the shepard and hurd the sheep. So where will the "sheepdogs" of society hurd the citizens when the shepard gives the command? Will it be the "sheepdogs" who come knocking when the master (the government) says disarm the flock?

Well I am fairly sure they did not intend to liken themselves to actual sheep dogs in all manners, I mean they don't pee on lamp posts or sniff each other's butts either. Their ideal to come to the defense of the helpless is certainly laudable in principle but the cold hard truth is that BGs don't always look and behave like the Joker and their CCW permit gives them neither legal protection from being sued nor any authority whatsorever. If they get involved in a murky situation and make the wrong call they are totally toasted.

Intercontinental Champion was already be used as a title by someone else.

Pit Bulls is more like it. Because it seems many are just itching for a fight. Or maybe Chihuahuas. Because they are always barking thinking they are tough.

WOW I was going to leave a small remark but you guys are doing great!!
sheepdogs!! man how about just people who want to protect themself and their love ones who take carrying a weapon very carefully and use it with extreme care. why do they want to call and make a gang of weapon carryers who think they have to protect the world. guys thats the police and the armed forces job.
leos fear that kind of thinking, me too. don't pull your gun cause someone shoplifted a twinky or bag of goobers. or cut in line at the candy store. you don't have that right. carry your license and your ccw card and no badges and don't let anyone see your gun don't brag or flash your gun to the ladys or let the guy at the gas station next to you who looked at your girl and you want to put him in his place. cause your wrong. it should not be seen till your in danger not to impress someone. I carryed a gun in washington state
for years and noone knew I carryed not my friends or some girls I went out with. but if your attacked then that what it's for. not cause some drunk said something to your girl as you passed him. just keep walking and let it go. you pull a gun on a drunk he is going to cause a scene and you are at the heart of the problem. you and your gun. you made a small thing go way out of control, you could have walk away and he would not remember it in the morning. Now you end up shooting him and killing him. good job. you took a life
of a drunk. something you can be proud of in prison. and some other guy will be dating your old girlfriend.
while you date billybob. Now think before you act. can you walk away with out getting hurt do it walk away.
your life is not in danger if you can walk away. your pride is not worth someone's life. even if they are drunk loud and dumb. no one should know if you have a gun till your pulling the trigger, and if the sight of your gun stops the action you were going to shoot for don't shoot. most of the things I saw people get killed for, were for hurting someones pride. A big guy steps on a little guy's foot and gets shot.
say something to a women and get shot by her boyfriend. sheepdogs don't defend me I can do that by myself.
we need to stand together to save our rights but people stop this us and them. We the people demand our right for selfdefence but not to be gunslingers. even non gun carryers have rights not to be scared of us.
that sheepdogs stuff scares me. just be a adult with good judgement. not superman.
do not carry handcuffs, badges or go on patrol. if you do you going get in hot water.
oh and if your going to break the law don't carry a gun like pick up a hooker or drugs, or go crusing to look for bad guys or show off. drink a few in a car. well i guess we put that subject to rest right no more sheep dogs. life is so much more than that.

Old adage: Don't get involved in someone elses' war if you want to live long.

Difficult enough trying to make it through your own wars.

GG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back