Man open carrying was robbed of his gun

Please stop finding opportunities to peddle your product. If you want "free advertisement", then go buy some ad space somewhere. I've yet to see the "safety bullet" advertised in any of the firearms magazines I read. That tells me a lot about your product.

You will notice she was banned. I agree the "safety bullet" is a recipe for disaster in a carry weapon.

Sounds like some kid left his daddies pistol on the toilet paper dispenser... and is trying to cover it up.

And if he had been CC'ing at that same situational awareness level, they would have tried to rob him for his wallet I would wager (and gotten the gun anyway).

I for one say you are wrong on this. If I were confronted this way and ask for my wallet while CC'ing the bad guy just had a bad day when I went to get out my wallet.

And I do CC all the time and I am very aware of my surroundings at all times. Anyone that carry's a gun should be open or concealed.

This guy was asleep at the wheel, how could 2 people approach from behind, and place a metal (Gun?) against his head without knowing they were there!

Or as one poster pointed out; This is a BS story or the OC'er was asleep.

I for one say you are wrong on this. If I were confronted this way and ask for my wallet while CC'ing the bad guy just had a bad day when I went to get out my wallet.

And I do CC all the time and I am very aware of my surroundings at all times. Anyone that carry's a gun should be open or concealed.

Do you really think you are going to draw on a BG with a gun to your head from behind and beat him to the first BANG?:no: If the story is correct, there were 2 BG's at close distance (fist, boot, knife distance).

Steve

... Do you really think you are going to draw on a BG with a gun to your head from behind and beat him to the first BANG?

No, it would be wise to cooperate with a BG with a metal object (possibly a gun) to your head! But, it’s not a given (as squisher might have implied) that they’d be off with anything more than your wallet. I’m certainly not going to offer my gun in addition to… when all they asked for was my wallet!

But, once that metal object has been removed from my head, I’m locked in on stopping the threat as the situation presents itself! At that point, depending on how the rest of the situation unfolded... as Lonewolf2810 said, it might turn out to be a very bad day for the bad guys!

It’s already been said a number of times … (and it seems there may be some doubt as to the validity of the story from the get go) … but, preparedness and situational awareness is the key to outsmarting the bad guys!

But, once that metal object has been removed from my head, I’m locked in on stopping the threat as the situation presents itself! At that point, depending on how the rest of the situation unfolded... as Lonewolf2810 said, it might turn out to be a very bad day for the bad guys!

It’s already been said a number of times … (and it seems there may be some doubt as to the validity of the story from the get go) … but, preparedness and situational awareness is the key to outsmarting the bad guys!

If the BG has removed the threat, and is beating a hasty retreat, you are no longer in danger and a dead bad guy will land you in the gray bar hotel.

Regarding situational awareness, no arguement, ya got to be on your toes.

Steve

... If the BG has removed the threat, and is beating a hasty retreat, you are no longer in danger and a dead bad guy will land you in the gray bar hotel.

Yep, yep... agreed! That's why I said, "... depending on how the rest of the situation unfolded..."

Hey, what part of Utah do you live in? I spent two years as a kid up in the Uinta Mountains area. Loved it! :)

I was walking in Detroit a couple of weeks ago and I noticed 2 black males trying to sneak up on me . I warned my friend that I was walking with.

I wish I had a CPL or I wish I would've knows about OC. The ending would've been those thugs going to jail. SO I KNEW they were going to rob us If I had a fire arm it WASNT going to happen I am always looking back.

This guy must've been walking with his head up in the air. His dogs an idiot too. LOL

I find it hard to believe, that a person was walking alone, and two robbers just appeared from out of nowhere. It could happen if he had was listening to an I-pod or was yakking on a cell phone or otherwise has his head up his ass instead of paying attention to what he was doing, but he'd have to be Helen Keller to get snuck up on if he was paying 2 cents worth of attention to his surroundings like a half-way decent hunter-gatherer. I fail to see how he could have stayed in the gene-pool instead of his ancestors being taken out by a saber-tooth tiger when they were back in the caves.

You guys have got it wrong.

I find it hard to believe, that a person was walking alone, and two robbers just appeared from out of nowhere. It could happen if he had was listening to an I-pod or was yakking on a cell phone or otherwise has his head up his ass instead of paying attention to what he was doing, but he'd have to be Helen Keller to get snuck up on if he was paying 2 cents worth of attention to his surroundings like a half-way decent hunter-gatherer. I fail to see how he could have stayed in the gene-pool instead of his ancestors being taken out by a saber-tooth tiger when they were back in the caves.

Apparently none of you guys have ever done any kind of hunting, never been involved in any combat.

Situational awareness is a must. It is the first line of defense when out on the streets. However, as any combat vet or hunter can attest, when you are being hunted, the advantage is almost always with the hunter.

While situational awareness will help prevent or reduce crimes of opportunity, when you have a BG stalking/hunting you, SA will only go so far.

I am sure that, were I to walk by most people, I could pass within striking distance without raising too many alarms. Does that mean that they are all asleep at the switch?

Get real, guys.

I was walking in Detroit a couple of weeks ago and I noticed 2 black males trying to sneak up on me . I warned my friend that I was walking with.

I wish I had a CPL or I wish I would've knows about OC. The ending would've been those thugs going to jail. SO I KNEW they were going to rob us If I had a fire arm it WASNT going to happen I am always looking back.

This guy must've been walking with his head up in the air. His dogs an idiot too. LOL

Seems like you did a good job at avoiding a confrontation. With your mindset, you may want to seriously consider if it's appropriate for you to be carrying a firearm. :eek: Getting away in one piece without confrontation should be your number one priority. Keep in mind folks, having a CPL, CFP, CCW, etc., doesn't authorize us to go out and play "Superman". Leave the crime fighting to the LEO. Going out and looking for trouble is an excellent way to find yourself in a whole lot of legal trouble and possibly result in your loss to RKBA. Be aware of your surroundings and take appropriate action. Using the firearm to defend yourself should be your last choice. If I can find a way to get out of or avoid a "bad" situation without using my firearm, that would be my first choice.

Great job at avoiding the confrontation w/o using a firearm.

gf

I like to open carry and I am a combat vet. Therefore I am always aware of my surroundings. It's something you just get used to doing. I used to tell my men..."Pay attention to details.It'll save your life and bring you home."....just sayin...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back