Air travel.

If you only have 4 years experience then sit down.

Mailing a firearm is identical in all ways but 2, to mailing anything else.

1: You have to use a private service like UPS or FedEx, and 2: you have to mail it to your local FFL, not your house.

How many years of experience do you have flying with a firearm?

I can mail a Christmas present from my house with a stamp on a card, if it's any more complicated than that to mail a firearm you're wrong.

If you only have 4 years experience then sit down.

Mailing a firearm is identical in all ways but 2, to mailing anything else.

1: You have to use a private service like UPS or FedEx, and 2: you have to mail it to your local FFL, not your house.

You should apply strict scrutiny to the dictionary definition of "mail" and just accept that you don't use UPS or FedEx to "mail" anything. The #1 definition is, "letters, packages, etc., that are sent or delivered by means of the postal system, ie: 'Storms delayed delivery of the mail.'" None of the definitions contemplate any private enterprise as being involved with "mail." Sorry, but really, get over it, you've just made another in a long line of mistakes.

I now predict a days or weeks-long obsessive series of posts trying to manipulate the English language to make "mail" fit within the types of shipments that a private person might hire a private shipping company to transport to its final destination.

Blues

And he's wrong on top of it. Mailing a firearm is no more complicated than mailing a Christmas presant.

Please point out where I was wrong. Blues already pointed out where you are wrong.

Mailing != shipping. Christmas cards don't involve an FFL, an ATF 4473, a background check, a transfer fee and the need to be a resident in the state you are taking possession of it.

This from ATF, revised for this year.

May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier?

A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm or ammunition, prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm and requires obtaining written acknowledgement of receipt.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a)(5), 922(e) and (f); 27 CFR 478.30 and 478.31]

So, this means I could ship my hand gun to my self and receive it when I get home? I'm in Florida but hold residence in Illinois, does the fact I'm in Florida negate this procedure?

If FedEx or UPS are willing to directly ship it from Florida to an Illinois FFL, yes. It is my understanding that picking it up in Illinois is a transfer across state lines, requiring an ATF 7743, a background check and a transfer fee.

I can mail a Christmas present from my house with a stamp on a card, if it's any more complicated than that to mail a firearm you're wrong.
If you want to be literal about it then you can send a firearm directly to you're house, too.

If you want to be literal about it then you can send a firearm directly to you're house, too.

Oh, I see, you meant the non literal "identical" and "complicated" where it works when you use your own definition.

Sent from my SM-G935V using USA Carry mobile app

I haven't said anything about flying with a firearm.

I only spoke of mailing one.

You said I was wrong. But absolutely nothing prevents you from just mailing your own gun back to yourself at your own house.

Oh, I see, you meant the non literal "identical" and "complicated" where it works when you use your own definition.

Uh no I meant you are able to just pack up your gun and send it to youre house. You're not allowed to, but nothing prevents you. It doesn't have to be any more complicated than that. Dealing with FFLs and paying fees is a choice.

I haven't said anything about flying with a firearm.

I only spoke of mailing one.

You said I was wrong. But absolutely nothing prevents you from just mailing your own gun back to yourself at your own house.

Then you probably shouldn't quote my experience of flying, on a post about flying, completely separate of the one saying your wrong. I see you don't come close to the experience I have flying with firearms, so please take your own advice, sit down you have nothing to provide in this thread.

Uh no I meant you are able to just pack up your gun and send it to youre house. You're not allowed to, but nothing prevents you. It doesn't have to be any more complicated than that. Dealing with FFLs and paying fees is a choice.

You're still in the wrong. Both in and out of the forum rules.

Then you probably shouldn't quote my experience of flying..
Then you probably shouldn't quote my experience of mailing, since you weren't talking about mailing and I wasn't talking about flying.

You just love shitting all over this forum. "Oh look at me I have experience so everyone else is wrong". LOL

PS: This has been the first OP worth commenting on in this forum since my temporary ban was lifted a week ago. This forum still sucks.
Yup.

Then you probably shouldn't quote my experience of mailing, since you weren't talking about mailing and I wasn't talking about flying.

You just love shitting all over this forum. "Oh look at me I have experience so everyone else is wrong". LOL

Yup.

I never quoted you. Everyone else wasn't wrong, just you and corn. Don't get so butt hurt ya crybaby.

Another seemly simple question. How do you all tag your baggage? How much info do you attach to your bags now? Thanks

Another seemly simple question. How do you all tag your baggage? How much info do you attach to your bags now? Thanks

I dont attach any info to my bags. I do take a picture of the inside and of the outside at home or hotel, and then one more when it's being weighed. If anything were to happen I have a time stamped photo.

No additional personal information on the outside. The airline already tags your bag.

My frequent flyer tag is tied to the inside of the bag, which has my name and frequent flyer number and status on it. This is just in case that the airline tag gets ripped off. This has never happened in my past 15 years of flying (over 1 million miles in total).

My bags are easily recognizable by me, so I have no need for any Link Removed. However, if you have a black bag, you should definitely get some handle wrap so you can easily identify your bag on the baggage claim belt.

As for taking photos of content and weight, I do that only when flying out of certain countries with a known drug trafficking problem. I have never lost any property. I once ended up with a digital video camera battery in an outside zipper pouch that didn't belong to me. I assume that it fell out of some bag during handling and was put into my bag.

I also know how my bags look like and what I packed in them. This is important when filing a missing luggage report with the airline. My luggage gets delayed by 1-3 days about 1-3 times a year. This never happened when I was flying with a firearm.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back