Christians, Romney and the "establishment"

Give Us a King!

I'm still not convinced America will be in any kind of shape to even hold an election this November. There isn't a human being on this wretched planet who can save America. I expect judgment to fall on this nation any day now. So, let me ask you: who are you looking to for safety, security, protection and provision? Are you hoping for a new king; a new ruler to provide these things?

"Then all the elders of Israel gathered themselves together, and came to Samuel unto Ramah, and said unto him, 'Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations.' But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, 'Give us a king to judge us.' And Samuel prayed unto the Lord.

And the Lord said unto Samuel, 'Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.'"
1 Samuel 8:4-7 (KJV)

There's yet another Republican debate on the boob-tube tonight and I just can't take anymore. I really can't. The pool of presidential candidates is down to four now, so let's look at what we have to choose from.

First, there's Marco Rubio, a first-term Senator who won that seat, only to turn around Obama style and kick off his presidential campaign, rather than serve the citizens who elected him for his full term as he promised them he would. Then, there's that pesky little arrest record from 1990 when cops found an 18 year old Rubio sitting in a car with a male friend after closing in a park known for drugs and gay prostitution.

Investigative reporter, Wayne Madsen, has stated that Republican insiders have told him that Rubio was, as a high school and college student, known to be a very extroverted homosexual in both South Beach, Miami, a popular gay area, and in college in Gainesville, Florida. You can read more about it below, as well as easily find more information on the web.

Wayne Madsen Outs Marco Rubio as "very extroverted homosexual" During High School and College Years in Florida (Feb. 4, 2016)

Nice. Who do we have next? How about Ted Cruz?

I don't know if you watched the last Republican debate, held in Texas on February 25, 2016, but I was simply floored by what I witnessed on live television. The candidates were introduced, lined up on stage as the National Anthem was sung. All the gentlemen had their right hands over their heart in a sign of respect and devotion to the United States. Incredibly, Ted Cruz had his right hand positioned halfway in his jacket lapel. None of the other candidates did this.

So what's the big deal, you ask? I'll be more than happy to explain! Ted Cruz was using a hand signal to reveal himself to other Freemasons that he is a part of the brotherhood. This signal is well known among that luciferian secret society and is called the "hidden hand." In doing research for this article, I found several other occasions where he's used this signal. Teddy, another first-term Senator, can claim he's an Evangelical Christian till the cows come home---doesn't mean a blasted thing! You simply CANNOT serve two masters. Those in the upper echelons of Freemasonry, as the 'elite' in Washington D.C. are, serve and worship lucifer and are feverishly working to birth the rise of a world-wide, communist-based New World Order, with the antichrist as its master. Shocked? Do some homework on the people running for the most powerful office in the world and stop believing what they say!

On to John Kasich. Before he was Governor of Ohio, he was pretty much a career politician, starting out as a state senator at 26 years old, and moving on to the U.S. House of Representatives for the next 18 years. He left in 2001 and went on to write some books and work for Lehman Brother's investment banking division as a managing director in Ohio until 2008. He then was elected Governor of Ohio in 2010.

He defended Obamacare, has high praise for Pope Francis, and has stated that he would not defend the 1st Amendment religious rights of Christian business men and women against persecution from homosexual activists when they refused to participate in sodomite marriages, since he believes Christians should abide by same-sex marriage.

While in Congress, he voted in favor of the Federal Assault Weapons Ban. So much for being a conservative. Doesn't matter anyway, as he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hades in being the Republican nominee.

Which brings us to Donald Trump. Born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Playboy. Adulterer. Narcissistic. Brilliant businessman and negotiator. Obtained a 1 million dollar loan from his father and used it to build a 10 billion dollar business empire.

Currently, he is the run-away leader of the Republican race for the presidency. His overwhelming popularity is the single biggest reason that the number of prescriptions for Zantac and Prilosec have skyrocketed in the Washington D.C. area-in other words, he's giving the elite establishment major heartburn!

During a Fox News interview, Newt Gingrich clearly explained the reason the GOP despises Trump and are running wild-eyed like screeching banshees through the halls of the Capitol building, desperately trying to plan a way to get rid of him.

He said "The GOP, now they're faced with the very real prospect of Donald Trump becoming the leader of the party and it absolutely drives them crazy! He's an outsider. He's not them. He's not part of the club. He's uncontrollable. He hasn't been through the initiation rites. He didn't belong to the secret society. They have no idea how to relate to him."

Also, he can't be bought and doesn't need their money. He has little to no shame, so they can't blackmail him about anything either. He's their biggest nightmare and the more they try to destroy him, the stronger he gets.

The attitude of the GOP towards Trump is crystal clear evidence that both sides of the aisle work for and represent the same group of Globalist elite. Whether you like Trump or hate him, it obviously matters not to the GOP what the will of the people is!

What if the electorate WANT Trump to be president? Up until Rubio, Kasich and Cruz were forced in last night's debate to promise to support Trump should he be the nominee, they were scheming how to derail him by having a brokered convention. To heck with what the people they represent want. It's all about them!

As much as I've come to admire Donald Trump and his take-no-prisoners style of speaking the bald, unabashed truth, there are issues with him as well. He purports to be a Christian, but his life is far from reflecting that. During the Family Leadership Conference in 2015, he was pointedly asked if he had ever asked God for forgiveness. Boy did he squirm!

He stated he prays, he goes to church, and he 'drinks his little wine' and 'eats that little cracker' as often as he can, because "it makes me feel cleansed." He stated his former pastor was Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, who famously wrote The Power of Positive Thinking, which is New Age tripe at its finest.

The moderator pressed him once again on whether or not he had ever asked God for forgiveness and he stated, "I'm not sure I have!" His way of being right before the Almighty is to be a good person and if he does something wrong, to work to make that thing right. That, my friends, is NOT a Christian. There is no repentance for sin; no humility and acknowledgment of the inability to cleanse himself. There is only pride. See the short video below.

So, those are our choices. A man who was most likely a teenage, gay prostitute. Or a man who proudly signals his loyalty to the Freemason brotherhood. There's the career politician who refuses to defend Christians against persecution by the LGBT crowd and who voted to diminish our 2nd Amendment rights. Finally, we have a brash, unrepentant narcissist.

My point is this: there are NO good choices. Lord knows Bernie Sanders is an unhinged, completely unrealistic former hippy, offering promises of free goodies to the greedy sheeple who live with their hands perpetually extended, expecting more, more, more. The Hildabeast is...well...the Hildabeast. She is a treasonous, corrupt, power gulping, greedy hag with the blood of countless men on her hands.

Don't you get it yet? Time for a reality check. There is NO HOPE for America to be found in any of these people! None of these candidates will be able to turn America around and restore her to her former prosperity, world prominence, and glory. It's simply ain't gonna happen. Why? Because the lukewarm, lazy, Christians in this nation are too stubborn, rich, blind and Laodicean to fall to their knees in personal repentance, and intercede for the sins of this country before God. That's why.

Like Israel of old, unbelievers as well as Christians of all denominations are searching for a leader to restore the nation, rather than looking to King Jesus. As the Lord told Samuel, we the people have rejected Him, that He might not reign over us, and that my friends, does not portend well at all. It will bring the judgment of an angry, insulted, jealous God down upon this country.

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." Galatians 6:7

"They have set up kings, but not by me: they have made princes, and I knew it not: of their silver and their gold, they have made them idols, that they may be cut off. For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind." Hosea 8:3, 7

Personally, I'm still not convinced America will be in any kind of shape to even hold an election this November. I expect judgment to fall on this nation any day now. So, let me ask you: who are you looking to for safety, security, protection and provision? Are you hoping for a new king; a new ruler to provide these things? Or are you putting your hope in the Lord of all creation?

Please repent, turn away from habitual sin and run under the wings of your loving, heavenly Father. HE is the ONLY hope we have at this point, to shelter us from the coming storm. He's waiting with open arms and desires that none should perish.

There isn't a human being on this wretched planet who can save America. We need to turn back to our Judeo/Christian foundation, repent of our national sins, and live righteously before the Lord. Only then might there be a chance for this country to survive.

*Sigh*

Nah, I don't see that happening either. Better run for cover!

- Donna Wasson -

Give Us a King!

I'm still not convinced America will be in any kind of shape to even hold an election this November. There isn't a human being on this wretched planet who can save America. I expect judgment to fall on this nation any day now. So, let me ask you: who are you looking to for safety, security, protection and provision? Are you hoping for a new king; a new ruler to provide these things?

"Then all the elders of Israel gathered themselves together, and came to Samuel unto Ramah, and said unto him, 'Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations.' But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, 'Give us a king to judge us.' And Samuel prayed unto the Lord.

And the Lord said unto Samuel, 'Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.'"

There's yet another Republican debate on the boob-tube tonight and I just can't take anymore. I really can't. The pool of presidential candidates is down to four now, so let's look at what we have to choose from.

First, there's Marco Rubio, a first-term Senator who won that seat, only to turn around Obama style and kick off his presidential campaign, rather than serve the citizens who elected him for his full term as he promised them he would. Then, there's that pesky little arrest record from 1990 when cops found an 18 year old Rubio sitting in a car with a male friend after closing in a park known for drugs and gay prostitution.

Investigative reporter, Wayne Madsen, has stated that Republican insiders have told him that Rubio was, as a high school and college student, known to be a very extroverted homosexual in both South Beach, Miami, a popular gay area, and in college in Gainesville, Florida. You can read more about it below, as well as easily find more information on the web.

Wayne Madsen Outs Marco Rubio as "very extroverted homosexual" During High School and College Years in Florida (Feb. 4, 2016)

I don't know if you watched the last Republican debate, held in Texas on February 25, 2016, but I was simply floored by what I witnessed on live television. The candidates were introduced, lined up on stage as the National Anthem was sung. All the gentlemen had their right hands over their heart in a sign of respect and devotion to the United States. Incredibly, Ted Cruz had his right hand positioned halfway in his jacket lapel. None of the other candidates did this.

So what's the big deal, you ask? I'll be more than happy to explain! Ted Cruz was using a hand signal to reveal himself to other Freemasons that he is a part of the brotherhood. This signal is well known among that luciferian secret society and is called the "hidden hand." In doing research for this article, I found several other occasions where he's used this signal. Teddy, another first-term Senator, can claim he's an Evangelical Christian till the cows come home---doesn't mean a blasted thing! You simply CANNOT serve two masters. Those in the upper echelons of Freemasonry, as the 'elite' in Washington D.C. are, serve and worship lucifer and are feverishly working to birth the rise of a world-wide, communist-based New World Order, with the antichrist as its master. Shocked? Do some homework on the people running for the most powerful office in the world and stop believing what they say!

On to John Kasich. Before he was Governor of Ohio, he was pretty much a career politician, starting out as a state senator at 26 years old, and moving on to the U.S. House of Representatives for the next 18 years. He left in 2001 and went on to write some books and work for Lehman Brother's investment banking division as a managing director in Ohio until 2008. He then was elected Governor of Ohio in 2010.

He defended Obamacare, has high praise for Pope Francis, and has stated that he would not defend the 1st Amendment religious rights of Christian business men and women against persecution from homosexual activists when they refused to participate in sodomite marriages, since he believes Christians should abide by same-sex marriage.

While in Congress, he voted in favor of the Federal Assault Weapons Ban. So much for being a conservative. Doesn't matter anyway, as he doesn't have a snowball's chance in hades in being the Republican nominee.

Which brings us to Donald Trump. Born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Playboy. Adulterer. Narcissistic. Brilliant businessman and negotiator. Obtained a 1 million dollar loan from his father and used it to build a 10 billion dollar business empire.

Currently, he is the run-away leader of the Republican race for the presidency. His overwhelming popularity is the single biggest reason that the number of prescriptions for Zantac and Prilosec have skyrocketed in the Washington D.C. area-in other words, he's giving the elite establishment major heartburn!

During a Fox News interview, Newt Gingrich clearly explained the reason the GOP despises Trump and are running wild-eyed like screeching banshees through the halls of the Capitol building, desperately trying to plan a way to get rid of him.

He said "The GOP, now they're faced with the very real prospect of Donald Trump becoming the leader of the party and it absolutely drives them crazy! He's an outsider. He's not them. He's not part of the club. He's uncontrollable. He hasn't been through the initiation rites. He didn't belong to the secret society. They have no idea how to relate to him."

Also, he can't be bought and doesn't need their money. He has little to no shame, so they can't blackmail him about anything either. He's their biggest nightmare and the more they try to destroy him, the stronger he gets.

The attitude of the GOP towards Trump is crystal clear evidence that both sides of the aisle work for and represent the same group of Globalist elite. Whether you like Trump or hate him, it obviously matters not to the GOP what the will of the people is!

What if the electorate WANT Trump to be president? Up until Rubio, Kasich and Cruz were forced in last night's debate to promise to support Trump should he be the nominee, they were scheming how to derail him by having a brokered convention. To heck with what the people they represent want. It's all about them!

As much as I've come to admire Donald Trump and his take-no-prisoners style of speaking the bald, unabashed truth, there are issues with him as well. He purports to be a Christian, but his life is far from reflecting that. During the Family Leadership Conference in 2015, he was pointedly asked if he had ever asked God for forgiveness. Boy did he squirm!

He stated he prays, he goes to church, and he 'drinks his little wine' and 'eats that little cracker' as often as he can, because "it makes me feel cleansed." He stated his former pastor was Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, who famously wrote The Power of Positive Thinking, which is New Age tripe at its finest.

The moderator pressed him once again on whether or not he had ever asked God for forgiveness and he stated, "I'm not sure I have!" His way of being right before the Almighty is to be a good person and if he does something wrong, to work to make that thing right. That, my friends, is NOT a Christian. There is no repentance for sin; no humility and acknowledgment of the inability to cleanse himself. There is only pride. See the short video below.

So, those are our choices. A man who was most likely a teenage, gay prostitute. Or a man who proudly signals his loyalty to the Freemason brotherhood. There's the career politician who refuses to defend Christians against persecution by the LGBT crowd and who voted to diminish our 2nd Amendment rights. Finally, we have a brash, unrepentant narcissist.

My point is this: there are NO good choices. Lord knows Bernie Sanders is an unhinged, completely unrealistic former hippy, offering promises of free goodies to the greedy sheeple who live with their hands perpetually extended, expecting more, more, more. The Hildabeast is...well...the Hildabeast. She is a treasonous, corrupt, power gulping, greedy hag with the blood of countless men on her hands.

- Donna Wasson -
Don't you get it yet? Time for a reality check. There is NO HOPE for America to be found in any of these people! None of these candidates will be able to turn America around and restore her to her former prosperity, world prominence, and glory. It's simply ain't gonna happen. Why? Because the lukewarm, lazy, Christians in this nation are too stubborn, rich, blind and Laodicean to fall to their knees in personal repentance, and intercede for the sins of this country before God. That's why.

Like Israel of old, unbelievers as well as Christians of all denominations are searching for a leader to restore the nation, rather than looking to King Jesus. As the Lord told Samuel, we the people have rejected Him, that He might not reign over us, and that my friends, does not portend well at all. It will bring the judgment of an angry, insulted, jealous God down upon this country.

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." Galatians 6:7

"They have set up kings, but not by me: they have made princes, and I knew it not: of their silver and their gold, they have made them idols, that they may be cut off. For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind." Hosea 8:3, 7

Personally, I'm still not convinced America will be in any kind of shape to even hold an election this November. I expect judgment to fall on this nation any day now. So, let me ask you: who are you looking to for safety, security, protection and provision? Are you hoping for a new king; a new ruler to provide these things? Or are you putting your hope in the Lord of all creation?

Please repent, turn away from habitual sin and run under the wings of your loving, heavenly Father. HE is the ONLY hope we have at this point, to shelter us from the coming storm. He's waiting with open arms and desires that none should perish.

There isn't a human being on this wretched planet who can save America. We need to turn back to our Judeo/Christian foundation, repent of our national sins, and live righteously before the Lord. Only then might there be a chance for this country to survive.

*Sigh*

Yep.

Give Us a King!

- Donna Wasson -

*Sigh*

Nope.

The ones who are actually doing God's work.

Some say that, yet while they are still working very hard to demonstrate the hate their believe the bible demands of them.
Discrimination against women was once "gods work".... now illegal and politically incorrect.*
Racism was once considered "gods work".... no illegal and politically incorrect.*
Opposition to mixed race marriage was once considered "gods work".... now illegal and politically incorrect.*
Opposition to same sex marriage was once considered "god's work" .... now illegal and politically incorrect.*

*Of course there is an undercurrent of all of the above that is alive and well in the more fundamental denominations and still practiced in churches.

. . . Nice. Who do we have next? How about Ted Cruz?

If these "signals" are so secret, how is it that so many people who are not Freemason seem to know about them? If the cat is out of the bag, what is the point of using these "secret signals" in public, on TV? If any presidential candidate was a Freemason, wouldn't all the others already know that long before they saw him signaling on TV during a campaign? I mean, supposedly it was Freemason support that got him into that position in the first place.

If these "signals" are so secret, how is it that so many people who are not Freemason seem to know about them? If the cat is out of the bag, what is the point of using these "secret signals" in public, on TV? If any presidential candidate was a Freemason, wouldn't all the others already know that long before they saw him signaling on TV during a campaign?
1% of the people make things happen, 9% of the people watch things happen, and 90% of the people ask, what happened?

If these "signals" are so secret, how is it that so many people who are not Freemason seem to know about them? If the cat is out of the bag, what is the point of using these "secret signals" in public, on TV? If any presidential candidate was a Freemason, wouldn't all the others already know that long before they saw him signaling on TV during a campaign? I mean, supposedly it was Freemason support that got him into that position in the first place.

Reba: The "Hidden Hand" gesture is learned in the 14th Degree of the York Rite Masons. The meaning of the gesture, although confusing to a non-mason, is nothing sinister as some seem to believe. Masonry is considered to be a "secret society" and the inner workings are not available to the general public. Being secret is the reason the Catholic Church condemns masonry. Not necessarily for what they may, or may not do within their chamber, but for the mere fact that their "secrets" are not for general publication. It has been reported that there are some Catholic Bishops who have become Masons now, quite a number from what I have read.

All Masons take an oath of secrecy, vowing to never reveal Masonic secrets, however, there have been some in years past who not only revealed the "secrets" but also published books detailing the works of the lodges, replete with all the secrets and ceremonies. If you read one of those books, you will see that there are no ghosts or goblins there to be worried about.

Reba: The "Hidden Hand" gesture is learned in the 14th Degree of the York Rite Masons. The meaning of the gesture, although confusing to a non-mason, is nothing sinister as some seem to believe. Masonry is considered to be a "secret society" and the inner workings are not available to the general public. Being secret is the reason the Catholic Church condemns masonry. Not necessarily for what they may, or may not do within their chamber, but for the mere fact that their "secrets" are not for general publication. It has been reported that there are some Catholic Bishops who have become Masons now, quite a number from what I have read.

All Masons take an oath of secrecy, vowing to never reveal Masonic secrets, however, there have been some in years past who not only revealed the "secrets" but also published books detailing the works of the lodges, replete with all the secrets and ceremonies. If you read one of those books, you will see that there are no ghosts or goblins there to be worried about.
I've known about the Masons for quite a while, and have done a bit of reading about them, and I know about the conspiracy theories related to them. I've never been worried about them. That's why I don't see any reason to get excited about how Cruze positions his hand on his chest.

Well numb nuts, this heathen knows a number of people that are as you say "is of the __________ church" and they are no more a christian than I am, and are typically the most dishonest unscrupulous people I have ever had the displeasure of knowing.

May I personally apologize for those "c"hristians who became stumbling blocks and caused you displeasure. I wish I knew you better and in person. I would hope a friendship with this Christian would lessen your hatred and anger toward us and he God we believe in and love.

MI would hope a friendship with this Christian would lessen your hatred and anger toward us and he God we believe in and love.
My hatred is not for Christians - it is for the lies, selfishness and intolerance they stand for. "friendship with an xtian" is code for "let me try harder to convert you before it is too late."

The Anti-Trump Race Riots In Chicago Last Night Are The Work Of George Soros

Multiple law enforcement sources confirmed that an organized mob attended Trump's rally with the intention of storming the stage

Pity the poor elites who have been so overwhelmingly ineffective in stopping the rise of Donald Trump to the Republican nomination for president. Jeb Bush spent over $150 million dollars on stopping Trump and wound up with 3% of the vote. The GOP poster boy, Little Marco Rubio, looks likely to lose to Trump in his own home state of Florida. Trump's closest rival, Ted Cruz, is more than 22% behind him in the polls. Donald Trump has everyone, on both sides of the aisle, running scared.

George Soros-funded chaos erupts at Donald Trump rally in Chicago:

So after much concerted handwringing and consternation, a plan was finally decided on. Race riots in Chicago!

Last night saw unprecedented scenes inside the University of Illinois at Chicago Pavilion between an anti-Trump mob and Chicagoans who came to hear the Republican front-runner speak. While outside, an impatient group of thousands more massed. Temperatures rose. Multiple law enforcement sources told DailyMail.com that there was a credible threat against Trump from groups of protesters who planned to storm the stage. Today, as the dust settles in Chicago, the candidate's camp have announced that an event that was to be held in Ohio is now on hold for the time being as well, according to Cincinnati.com.

So let us clear up this "mystery" for you all right now. This is not an "organic" outcry against Donald Trump, last night's race riots in (of all places) Chicago were the work on one man, George Soros. Sorors you will recall being the same man who spent $33 million on creating the race riots in Ferguson. Yep, same guy. He is also the same guy helping to fund the Muslim migrant invasion of Europe, the Occupy Movement, as well as last year's race riots in Baltimore. Wherever you read about race riots and racial tensions just "springing up out of nowhere" in America, you can get your last million that George Soros is funding and fostering it.

PREDICTION: As with all the other plans to "stop Trump", this latest scheme will only serve to make him more popular and more the "people's choice" for president in 2016. But what this does show you is the intense hatred that the ruling elites have for the American people and the American way of life. They will stop at nothing to achieve their stated goals of a New World Order, including burning America to the ground to make it happen.

Shame on you, George Soros, you self-loathing, antisemitic Jew who betrayed your own people to work with the Nazis in WWII. Shame on you, Chicago, with your corrupt politicians like Rahm Emanuel and your Al Capone mob mentality. But most of all, shame of you, Republican Party elites who seek to stop the man who is clearly the people's choice. When all is said and done it will be you - the demonic Republican elites - who will lie in the ruins you now seek for Donald Trump.

Game on.

by Geoffrey Grider

TERRORIST BILL AYERS PROTESTS DONALD TRUMP IN CHICAGO​
Anti-Trump Crowd Flies A Communist Flag During Protest

Tech CEOs And Top Republicans Commiserate, Plot To Stop Trump​

May I personally apologize for those "c"hristians who became stumbling blocks and caused you displeasure. I wish I knew you better and in person. I would hope a friendship with this Christian would lessen your hatred and anger toward us and he God we believe in and love.
Thank you. But let me clarify, I have no issue with god, your god or any other, but followers are the real threat, and think they can force their religion into civil law that I must follow.

It is very possible we could/would be friends in person. I have many friends that are christian, just good people that are honest upright hard working people, and treat there religion, like they treat their genitalia, meaning they don't display it, they don't talk about it, and they certainly don't try and force it on anyone. One is a lay preacher and I often talk to him at one of the local breweries we both frequent, yet he never brings religion up, he is not wearing garish christian bling. If he has a cross around his neck, it is under his shirt.

I understand your angst, caused by the minority that wear their religion on their sleeves, often wearing inappropriately large 'christian bling' outside their clothing (3" to 5" cross), and take any opportunity to talk about their beliefs, often in inappropriate settings (business meeting). These radicals really do little to forward their agenda or show christian in anything positive, and cast all christians in a negative light.

About 2 years ago there was a ballot item to change the state constitution to define marriage, and the preachers and supports line up on city hall steps (in front of TV news cameras, of course) spewing their hate and encouraging followers to take their hate into the voting booth. These are the people where my distaste for "religious folk" comes from.

Other rallies on the same city hall steps were from preachers and supporters opposed to the amendment, all holding the very same book in their hand.

OBTW, the amendment initiative did pass to change the state constitution, only to be struck down by the courts.

My hatred is not for Christians - it is for the lies, selfishness and intolerance they stand for. "friendship with an xtian" is code for "let me try harder to convert you before it is too late."

Actually I am not friends with these self-proclaiming christians, and that is very deliberate. In my personal life, I just don't associate with them at all. Before I retired, that was not always possible in a business setting, but always had my guard up, for they were often the most dishonest unscrupulous people I ever encounter. They seem to use their 'christian persona' as a ruse to disarm and manipulate others.

I am friends with many believers, and the best analogy is that they keep their beliefs private, just like we expect everyone to keep their genitalia private.

I must confess, I've never seen any of the members of my church in the 36 years since I've become a Christian wearing religious "bling." I've seen Madonna and rappers wearing oversized crosses and crucifixes but none of my Christian acquaintances do. Maybe it's a regional thing. (I live in the Charleston, SC, area.)

Personally, whenever anyone claims to be a Christian in business dealings, I hold them to a higher and tougher standard. On the other hand, I would expect to be held to the same tough standards myself.

I'm curious--if Christians should keep their beliefs private, should non-Christians keep their beliefs private, too?

I'm curious--if Christians should keep their beliefs private, should non-Christians keep their beliefs private, too?

I am vocal in my opposition to the anti-gun crowd for the same reason, they are a threat to everyone's rights and freedoms. Your own bible tells you that your relationship with god should be kept private.

A non-believer is not a threat to any believer, you are free to continue to believe, go to your church, etc., etc. Christians that work through their 'organized' religion, church, etc., to impose rules from the bible into civil law, forcing their 'religion' upon everyone are a real threat to everyone's rights and freedoms.

And 'if' the theists that had the numbers and were pushing rules from their holy book into civil law were not christian and not basing it on a holy book you did not value, I suspect you too would be very vocal in your opposition.

I am vocal in my opposition to the anti-gun crowd for the same reason, they are a threat to everyone's rights and freedoms. Your own bible tells you that your relationship with god should be kept private.
My Bible tells me:

Matthew 5
14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Mark 16
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Acts 1
8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

A non-believer is not a threat to any believer, you are free to continue to believe, go to your church, etc., etc.
In America, we have the First Amendment to protect us, even though it's becoming weaker.

Worldwide, it's rather obvious that non-believers are definitely threats not only to Christians practicing their religion but to their very lives.

Christians that work through their 'organized' religion, church, etc., to impose rules from the bible into civil law, forcing their 'religion' upon everyone are a real threat to everyone's rights and freedoms.
There are no laws in America that force a religion upon anyone. No one is forced to believe or worship as a Christian.

Christians' beliefs influence their worldview and politics, just as non-believers' beliefs do. Each one has one vote. We also have the Supreme Court to keep our laws in check.

And 'if' the theists that had the numbers and were pushing rules from their holy book into civil law were not christian and not basing it on a holy book you did not value, I suspect you too would be very vocal in your opposition.
Vocal in political opposition but that doesn't require mockery, name-calling, or condescending attitudes.

In America, we have the First Amendment to protect us, even though it's becoming weaker.

In America, we have the First Amendment to protect the right of everyone to express their views.

There are no laws in America that force a religion upon anyone. No one is forced to believe or worship as a Christian.
There are many laws that impose biblical rules on everyone. Fortunately the major ones have been overturned by the courts.

In America, we have the First Amendment to protect the right of everyone to express their views.
Yes, on all sides.

There are some constraints, such as incitement to violence, slander and libel.

There are many laws that impose biblical rules on everyone. Fortunately the major ones have been overturned by the courts.
I'm not sure what you mean by biblical "rules." Anyway, courts deal with laws, not rules.

Also, just because some secular laws prohibit the same things as some laws do in the Bible doesn't mean that they are strictly "biblical rules." Some examples are laws against murder, perjury, theft and manslaughter. Other examples are the processes for protection of personal and property rights and the addressing of grievances before authority.

I'm not sure what you mean by biblical "rules." Anyway, courts deal with laws, not rules.
Slavery, OK according to the bible, but not the constitution, even though it took a decisive war to sort that out.
Women regarded as lesser beings, without the right to vote, biblical law/rule written into civil law, overturned by the courts, yet still doing well in some fundy religions.
Racism, segregation, racial discrimination, biblical law/rule written into civil law, overturned by the courts, yet still alive and well in fundy religions
Ban on interracial marriage, biblical law/rule written into civil law, overturned by the courts, illegal as recently as 1967 in many states, all in the 'bible belt', including your state of SC.
Ban on same sex marriage, biblical law/rule written into civil law, overturned by the courts.

The courts rule based on the US Constitution, not the bible. That is because the bible has no authority in our government, only laws.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back