The Case for Eternal Punishment

Unlike religion, no one is born a Christian.
So... Christianity isn't a religion, got it.

"... hundreds of sects like Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Judaism, Baha'i Faith, Jainism, Zoroastrianism, Shinto, Taoist, & Wiccan ...

So, were you lying then when you said Islam and Hinduism are sects, or are you lying now when you say "...Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism and etc. are religions"?

So, were you lying then when you said Islam and Hinduism are sects"?

I didn't say Islam and Hinduism are sects, you did.

Like you say, there are over a dozen major religions in the world and hundreds of sects like Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Judaism, Baha'i Faith, Jainism, Zoroastrianism, Shinto, Taoist, & Wiccan,.

Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism and etc. are religions.

I didn't say Islam and Hinduism are sects, you did.

Your words betray you, good sir.
"... Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism and etc. are religions. ..."
... Like you say, there are over a dozen major religions in the world and hundreds of sects like Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Judaism, Baha'i Faith, Jainism, Zoroastrianism, Shinto, Taoist, & Wiccan ...

I suspect someone has a reading comprehension problem, or trouble expressing himself; or both. I dearly hope you don't read God's sacred word with such comprehension.

I doubt very seriously you care...we see plainly where you hope.

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

Christians do not tell others how they must believe.
Ruh ro... someone never heard of the Spanish Inquisition
The Inquisition was originally intended in large part to ensure the orthodoxy (From the Greek for "right thinking") of those who converted from Judaism and Islam. This regulation of the faith of the newly converted was intensified after the royal decrees issued in 1492 and 1501 ordering Jews and Muslims to convert or leave Spain.​

And then there was the Roman Inquisition.
Responsible for prosecuting individuals accused of a wide array of crimes relating to religious doctrine or alternate religious doctrine or alternate religious beliefs.​

And the Portuguese Inquisition
Like the Spanish Inquisition, it concentrated its efforts on rooting out those who had converted from other faiths (overwhelmingly Judaism) but did not adhere to the strictures of Catholic orthodoxy.​

But, hey, as long as Christians aren't telling others how they must believe :nono: it's fine with me.

When's the last time an Evangelical Sikh rang your doorbell, or you saw a Buddhist missionary riding a bicycle down the road?

God's a great guy, it's his representatives down here on earth that are killing and raping.

I've never heard of any "representative of God" murdering (killing is different than murdering) or raping anybody. Anybody that does that is certainly not a representative of God, more like Satan has taken over their soul. There are by far more murderers that are not believers (atheist or agnostics) than true Christians. There is a misconception that the 10 Commandments says, Thou shall not kill, when the true translation of the Hebrew/Greek verse is , do no murder. There is a huge difference between killing and murder.

Well, I didn't mention murder did I?
That's your straw man argument, congratulations on defeating yourself.
Except, well, let's being up the subject of one of God's representatives committing murder.... and against one of God's Wives to boot.
Gerald Robinson, Priest Convicted of Killing Ohio Nun

Against that background a little diddling of a choir boy's nethers is almost nothing.
Database of Priests Publicly Accused of Pedophilia in the United States
Pedophile Priest: Huffington Post

It's not like Christians aren't known for being rather... persecutorial, either
The "Salem Witch Trials" (It wasn't the atheists and agnostics accusing people of being witches.)
Anti-Mormonism (Again, it wasn't the agnostics/atheists that pushed the Mormons from Ohio to Missouri to Illinois and then west to the Utah Territory.

I would bring up the Crusades, but I happen to be on the side against Islam's expansion by force of population.
And I'm not going to bring up what's known as "The Troubles"; the Catholic-Protestant conflict in Ireland/Northern Ireland since they're a bunch o' furreigners.

And since I don't want to get too far afield, I'm not going to mention all the people the Old Testament God caused to be killed, or cities to be destroyed before someone did an intervention with him and he became a much nicer God (version 2.0) with the New Testament.

I mean, c'mon, ya gotta admit that before the "New Covenant" God was a bit of an ass, right?

So now, I guess it's my turn to list all the atheist that have killed and raped people. the problem is your list is short, and my list of atheist s is so large this forum doesn't have room for it.

So now, I guess it's my turn to list all the atheist that have killed and raped people. the problem is your list is short, and my list of atheist s is so large this forum doesn't have room for it.

aka you don't have a list.

No one can top your god, murdering all but 8 people on the entire planet during one of his mental breaks. Granted the global population was much smaller, but it still had to be 99.999% of all human life, from a day old baby just born to the oldest person alive, who had harmed no one. That is one sick motherfornication. Then to really find the sickest of the sick, the people today that defend this total horrific genocide as a 'good thing'.

No one can top your god, murdering all but 8 people on the entire planet during one of his mental breaks. Granted the global population was much smaller, but it still had to be 99.999% of all human life, from a day old baby just born to the oldest person alive, who had harmed no one. That is one sick motherfornication. Then to really find the sickest of the sick, the people today that defend this total horrific genocide as a 'good thing'.

That is some twisted stuff you believe right there buddy...

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

Then there is this truth:
Link Removed

Get a mental image of me in your mind giving a big "I don't care" shrug. Got it? Good.

Look, I'm not trying to attack Christians. I'll freely admit that your God is just as valid as Jenovah, YHWH, Allah, Elohim, Shàngdì, Akal Purakh, Para Bramh, Thor, Loki, Odin, Jove, Jupiter, Hercules, Demeter, Hades, or any other.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back