Thanks Luke-Emergency First Aid

mappow

I asked Luke to open this topic as it might be extremely useful. Not only for general first aid but in case, God forbid, anyone is shot and needs immediate care prior to EMS/LEO's showing up. Please all that are qualified contribute. I know we have some EMT's as well as MIL-Medics and Fire Fighters that are members/contributors. I ask they possibly share their training to assist those that are not as educated.
I would sooner NOT bleed out waiting for EMS to respond. Thanks all ahead of your posts for your contribution and sharing your knowledge.

I guess we can start linking other threads to get some discussion going.

Link Removed

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

I guess we can start linking other threads to get some discussion going.

Link Removed

FFChen you've seen to have led in information concerning fist aid. Please add to this tread, or open another thread, as you see fit and are trained for to help educate. Not pushing, just asking.

Sure, rhino has put a lot of good information into that thread as well. I'll see what I can put together for some informational threads.

I wonder if firearms could be found to be the leading cause of ADD

No a tampon does nothing to help stop bleeding. These sponges have a clotting factor.

Chen, aside from the theoretical application, would you say that feminine pads have a place in a "poor man's" first-aid kit? Obviously, they are meant to absorb blood/fluids but, you being a first-responder I'd like to know your opinion. We invest in commercial first-aid kits, the ones meant for camping or vehicles and I have IFAKs on our tac-vests. I understand Self-Aid & Buddy Care and have gone through basic combat trauma treatment, just to give you an idea of what I know. However, we buy extra feminine products as a two-fold investment... traditional use and then possible first-aid, do you consider the second application a non-starter?

Chen, aside from the theoretical application, would you say that feminine pads have a place in a "poor man's" first-aid kit? Obviously, they are meant to absorb blood/fluids but, you being a first-responder I'd like to know your opinion. We invest in commercial first-aid kits, the ones meant for camping or vehicles and I have IFAKs on our tac-vests. I understand Self-Aid & Buddy Care and have gone through basic combat trauma treatment, just to give you an idea of what I know. However, we buy extra feminine products as a two-fold investment... traditional use and then possible first-aid, do you consider the second application a non-starter?

Well...I could see how a pad could second as an absorbent pad (like an abdominal dressing)...so could a diaper...so if you happen to have a baby or female it could work as a pressure dressing and give you more supply for your other members needs. That being said, 4x4 dressings and abdominal dressings would be cheaper to buy, and would take up less room in a kit....but I don't think your lady friend would appreciate a 4x4 as a pad hah.

Also, I wouldn't pack a wound with a pad...if used keep it external like a dressing. One should always be aware of the high absorbent qualities of a pad, or abdominal dressing, don't let it trick you into how much blood has actually been lost.

Well...I could see how a pad could second as an absorbent pad (like an abdominal dressing)...so could a diaper...so if you happen to have a baby or female it could work as a pressure dressing and give you more supply for your other members needs. That being said, 4x4 dressings and abdominal dressings would be cheaper to buy, and would take up less room in a kit....but I don't think your lady friend would appreciate a 4x4 as a pad hah.

Also, I wouldn't pack a wound with a pad...if used keep it external like a dressing. One should always be aware of the high absorbent qualities of a pad, or abdominal dressing, don't let it trick you into how much blood has actually been lost.

Outstanding! Thanks Chen!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back