What type of gun do you typically carry for you concealed?

Up until recently I was pocket carrying a Beretta Nano 9mm. I made a decision to kick my firepower up a notch and sold the Nano in favor of a Glock 27 .40 caliber. Going to attempt ankle carry to see how that works ... but am somewhat hesitant based on the overall weight of the gun. My current clothing choices don't favor a concealed carry method anywhere around the waistband, so I'm pretty much left with ankle or pocket carry. I've also transitioned to a new backup weapon -- the Sig P238, so I'll try that in the pocket with a DeSanits holster and see how this whole combination works out over the next few weeks. Sure hope the Glock on my ankle is reasonably comfortable, as that would be a great system for me.

I alternate between a Glock 23 and.a 36. I pocket carry a kel Tec pf9 while at work

Sent from my EVO using USA Carry mobile app

Update

i have carried everything from 22 to 44 mag i have settled on a RUGER LC9 with LAZER MAX , i find this firearm to be the perfect balance mean a 9mm in a defence load is quite a stopper yes it does not hold 3,000 rounds and in my opinion someone that need that high a capacity magazine need lessons and practice . seven rounds is good enough for me .......................

WELL I HAVE NOW GONE TWO STEPS UP, YESTERDAY I GOT A KIMBER WITH A 3 INCH BARREL [I FOUND THE THE 5 INCH BARREL TO MUCH FOR ALL DAY CARRY] it is lite and a perfect fit ! ! ! it only has 7 round, but who would want to get hit with a 45 ? ? ? ?

Last edited:
I have carried high cap pistols. Still do when I can dress around my P95 9 mm or my Sig Sauer 226 in 40 or 357 Sig. I have also carried smaller pistols and revolvers that are easier to conceal like snubbies in 32,38, or 357 mag and pocket pistols in 22,25, and 380. I never felt comforted by packing the weak rounds once you add in poor sights and low capacity of pocket pistols and most snubbies. I have also never cared for single stack autos in any caliber because every time I have had to use a firearm to defend myself I've fired no less than 15 rounds. Four legged threats don't know that they should be more afraid of a 45 than a 9. 2 legged threats usually have friends. I now carry a Glock 29 10 mm as my go to gun. The higher capacity mixed with the heat of the 10 mm and my spare mags are G20 15 rounders means I have brought enough gun and its compact size makes it easy enough to carry that its there when I need it.I use a Theis IWB holster set about 4 o'clock.I also shoot at least 10 rounds a week through it so I hit what I aim at.

What I could afford, Bersa Thunder 380CC. It is comfortable to shoot, but a little large for a pocket gun. Looking to replace it with a larger caliber like the Shield 9mm or Beretta Nano, and a smaller/lighter 380 like the Beretta Pico or Taurus TCP.

I carry a Kahr CW9, after 5 years of trying out different models, CD subcompact 9, Taurus Millennium Subcompact, And a few others, I finally went with the Kahr CW9 because of being a woman with larger hands, the grip is compatible with my hand size and the way it handles.

Sent from my LGL86C using USA Carry mobile app

I have the S&W Bodyguard 380 and love it. Took some practice, the trigger is stiff and long, but now that I'm used to it, this little gun is VERY accurate. It's my favorite of the small guns...hated the Beretta Nano, very uncomfortable in the hand and extremely stiff. We also have a Springfield XDS 45 that is a dream to shoot, but hubby doesn't share well and it's bigger. :)

I have the S&W Bodyguard 380 and love it. Took some practice, the trigger is stiff and long, but now that I'm used to it, this little gun is VERY accurate. It's my favorite of the small guns...hated the Beretta Nano, very uncomfortable in the hand and extremely stiff. We also have a Springfield XDS 45 that is a dream to shoot, but hubby doesn't share well and it's bigger. :)

I was with a friend when she bought a S&W Bodyguard .380 at a gun show recently. If I didn't already have an LCP, this would be my first choice of everyday carry. It's even smaller than mine, but the reviews and popularity make it very attractive to me.

I carry a Taurus® Mdl 617SS2 2¼" 7 shot 357 Magnum every waking moment of every day. BUG us a Taurus® Mdl 85SS2UL 38 Special.

S&W Bodyguard .380 - very concealable and a great little gun. I've occasionally carried my Springfield XD9 Subcompact as well, but that feels like a phone book compared to my .380.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back