EAA Witness .45

B2Tall

Stirrer of the Pot
Bought a lightly used EAA Witness .45 yesterday. Too good a deal to pass up since I'd been looking for one (or a used Baby Eagle, the EAA's cousin). It's a full-size steel frame model - a nice change from all the polymer stuff you see everywhere. I love the ergonomics and the fact that it's DA/SA. It also has a "half-cocked" hammer setting as well. Ran 200 rounds through it and it functioned flawlessly. Accurate too. Its nearly 3lb loaded weight handled the recoil nicely. My only complaint is the permanent front sight. I'd like to put night sights on it but that would mean grinding down the front sight and then drilling to accomodate a new sight. Probably a bit beyond my gunsmithing skills but I might look into having a professional do it sometime in the future. If anyone knows of any good tweaks for this pistol I'd love to hear them.

Don't have that one but do have it in 10 mm. Just love it! 500+ rounds not one problem. Weight soaks up recoil, really sweet gun.

Link Removed I really like a hammer fire single action gun.
This a on line pic but looks just like mine. Good shootin' B2Tall.

Great gun you've got there. IMO, EAA/Tanfoglio's 10mm is head and shoulders above Glock's G20. It's not for the faint of heart but a terrific pistol none the less. My .45 looks more or less the same except it's all black.

Great gun you've got there. IMO, EAA/Tanfoglio's 10mm is head and shoulders above Glock's G20. It's not for the faint of heart but a terrific pistol none the less. My .45 looks more or less the same except it's all black.

I would like to fire a 45 in that pistol to feel the difference between the to.
Happy range time and Merry Christmas!

I carry the baby eagle .40 cal (all steel version). I agree the weight of the gun helps with the recoil a lot...but it also makes carrying it for extended periods of time somewhat unpleasant. In the end it is one of my firearms I will never sell, I will always find time to shoot it, and the more wear that it takes the more character it shows.

I only wish I had been lucky enough to get a railed version...

Are you guys going to get the .22 conversion for cheap plinking?

I carry the baby eagle .40 cal (all steel version). I agree the weight of the gun helps with the recoil a lot...but it also makes carrying it for extended periods of time somewhat unpleasant. In the end it is one of my firearms I will never sell, I will always find time to shoot it, and the more wear that it takes the more character it shows.

I only wish I had been lucky enough to get a railed version...

Are you guys going to get the .22 conversion for cheap plinking?

Yeah, was thinking about getting that and the 9 mm conversion also. That to me was a really awesome selling point with that pistol.

Was also going to get another one for my Lady. That way we can have more caliber choices between the two of us. As she gets use to the gun she will be able to go up or down in power to suite her ability at the range and for carrying on the street.

I doubt if I'll get the .22 kit. It's a mighty heavy gun to try to cycle with .22 LRs and I've heard of problems with it. Other full-size .22s are made with lightweight materials to accomodate the low pressures of that round. I think I'll pass on that one.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back