Open Carry Under Attack

Guns kill people. 90% of people equate guns to violent impending death. Right or wrong, that is the publics perception. If u aren't in a uniform, and you have a gun, people will panic. If that is your goal then go ahead. If its not your goal, use your head and your discretion. Ccw.

Penises rape people. 90% of people equate penises to violent impending rape. Right or wrong, that is the publics perception. If u aren't a male stripper, and you have a *****, people will panic. If that is your goal then go ahead. If its not your goal, use your head (lol) and your discretion. Ccw.

There I made your pathetic rant more entertaining. If you are going to make things up make it good.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

You are actually dead on and prove ny point. If I walked around public square with my ***** out, the cops would be called.

Guns kill people. 90% of people equate guns to violent impending death. Right or wrong, that is the publics perception. If u aren't in a uniform, and you have a gun, people will panic. If that is your goal then go ahead. If its not your goal, use your head and your discretion. Ccw.
Please provide proof with cites and/or links to verifiable scientific articles or news articles to back up your assertion that 90% of people equate guns to violent impending death. Please also provide cites and/or links to verifiable proof of your assertion that such is the public's perception.

If you cannot provide such proof then it would appear your goal is to assert your opinion as fact. If you have facts... I challenge you Sir... man up and PROVIDE PROOF!

I suspect that what we will hear from you is either insults, misdirection, deflection, or... crickets. But certainly not any factual verifiable proof your assertions have any credibility.

And guns don't always kill people but they do save people from harm or death since a study by Gary Kleck showed that guns were used in self defense 2.5 MILLION times per year. Please follow the link below to read the entire article...

Dr. Gary Kleck - The Criminologist Whose Self-Defense Research Destroyed Gun Control Arguments

Who is Dr. Gary Kleck?
The Criminologist Whose Self-Defense Research Destroyed Gun Control Arguments

-snip-
Among Kleck’s findings:

For every use of a gun to commit a crime, there are three-to-four cases of guns being used in self-defense of a crime.
Assault and robbery rates are lower when victims are armed with a gun.
A gun is used in self-defense to protect its owner from crime 2.5 million times per year, an average of once every 13 seconds.
Fifteen percent of the gun defenders interviewed believed someone would have died if they had not been armed. If true, that’s an average of one life saved due to firearm self-defense every 1.3 minutes.
In nearly 75% of the cases, the victim did not know his attackers. In nearly 50% of the cases, he faced at least two attackers and in nearly 25% of the cases, there were three or more attackers. A quarter of the incidents of self-defense occurred away from the home.
-snip-

Of course its my opinion dummy. This is a web forum about guns, not a research lab. All of this is opinion. Yawn.

Of course its my opinion dummy. This is a web forum about guns, not a research lab. All of this is opinion. Yawn.
Incorrect sir ... you present your personal opinion as fact. I present facts.

I respond respectfully... you respond with ridicule, name calling, and condescension.

I offer cites and/or links to back up my statements with verifiable credibility.... you sir: offer insults, ridicule, and condescension representing mere arrogance that has no credibility.

I don't know which law enforcement agency YOU worked for, but in my department, when we were dispatched to a call, we were required to go. We couldn't just say "No. I don't feel like going to that one. I'll wait for the next call."

Have you ever heard of a LEO responding to a "suspicious person" call? Exactly what crime was being committed that required the police? We don't know until they respond and check it out. I've never seen a state or federal statute that makes "acting suspicious" a crime, yet they are still dispatched to those kind of calls. I equate MWAG calls the same way. LEO don't know that a crime is being committed until they check.

So if you're dispatched to a cat in a tree call you're obligated to respond, rescue the cat and find it's lawful owner? Can I call to have you go to the store for me? What if I call about the three black kids walking down the sidewalk in my upscale neighborhood?

So if you're dispatched to a cat in a tree call you're obligated to respond, rescue the cat and find it's lawful owner? Can I call to have you go to the store for me? What if I call about the three black kids walking down the sidewalk in my upscale neighborhood?

You have the most ignorant of responses for being a "former LEO".

The same with ambulances. A lot of the public doesn't know there are different provider levels. Basic level, 2 emts. Intermediate level, 1 emt -I & a basic emt. Advanced life support, emt & a paramedic. Or 2 paramedics. The public has to be educated.

These laws may have been laws for a while now. My point is, most of the public has no idea of open carry. And until they are educated on the subject there is going to be fear. I conceal carry. So I stand corrected on when open carry laws might have been passed.

I don't have a problem with open carry. South Carolina doesn't have it. You can only conceal carry here.

These laws may have been laws for a while now. My point is, most of the public has no idea of open carry. And until they are educated on the subject there is going to be fear. I conceal carry. So I stand corrected on the when open carry laws might have been passed.

Most of the public huh? ... hmm, where are you getting your statistics? Was it a recent poll or something?

I have walked by thousands of people, no issue, that tells me most people have no problem and do not fear it. The ever increasing firearm ownership and ccw permits also shows this as well...

I'm not saying your against oc, but saying the public fears firearms is false information. What is the purpose of spreading false information?

You have the most ignorant of responses for being a "former LEO".

Really? SGB was making a very valid point in regards to this previous comment:

You don't seem to understand that they are REQUIRED to check when there's a complaint.

Lakeland Man's comment was simply not true, as SGB and I pointed out. Police are NOT required to respond and check on every 911 call that is made, and especially NOT required to detain a person (or cat) every time to complete an investigation. People call 911 all the time for completely goofy reasons.

@Firefighter, and what about with law enforcement? How do they determine who's the good guy vs. who's the bad guy? Can you tell me that everything about open carry is 100% positive, with nothing negative attached.

The same with conceal carry. How does law enforcement know who is good vs. bad at a traffic stop. Just because someone passed a back ground check doesnt mean they don't have a potential for violence.

I don't have a problem with open carry. South Carolina doesn't have it. You can only conceal carry here.

I hope that changes for us soon.

@Firefighter, and what about with law enforcement? How do they determine who's the good guy vs. who's the bad guy? Can you tell me that everything about open carry is 100% positive, with nothing negative attached.

I know this wasn't addressed at me. But, cops are taught to respond, observe & "assess" the situation BEFORE taking any action. (That's they way they usually determine good guys from bad guys.)

Good cops will NOT go busting in on a MWAG, A&B, armed robbery calls without taking a second or two (at least) to "observe" and assess the situation & decide what the appropriate action should be.

Believe me, if a GOOD cop knows somebody has a gun & think could they could be a threat to them or the public, they will take precautions if at all possible.

A BAD cop is one who rolls up on a scene like something out of Hollywood & goes all gang busters trying to play hero; all the while endangering the public & any fellow officers in the vicinity. These are the types of cops that will hassle an OC'er. Most of them know an OC'er is not really a threat or they would proceed with more "tact" & caution. (The only thing these BAD cops want to do is play hero.)

--------------------------------------------

I've shared this story before- But,

A long time ago my partner & I were flagged down by some concerned residents of an Apartment complex. They informed us that a "city" officer (we were "county") was involved in a situation with four BG & it was about to go bad. My partner & I approached the scene lights out because we didn't want to cause the BGs to panic. We stayed back to observe & assess the situation. We verified four armed BGs had entrapped a lone city officer doing his rounds and were about to kill him. The city officer was backed up agains the wall & had only his service revolver. The BGs were attempting to spread out as to make it almost impossible for the officer to cover them.

Anyway we quickly assessed that we could not wait for any further back up from the city & we devised a quick plan of action. Luckily this officer had his hand set with him & the dispatcher was able to clue him in as to what was about to happen.

In short; We were able to intervene and keep a fellow officer from being shot. We took $750k in drug money off the street and the wholesale equivalent in cocaine. We did it all without ever firing a shot!

All in all, in just a few seconds we determined who the BGs were and what was about to happen.

It took another minute to come up with a plan to intervene and another minute to get in place to take action. Once we acted, it took less than 5sec to get the Bgs to surrender.

(From the time we arrived on scene until we had all four BGs disarmed & in cuffs took less than five minutes.)

-

The same with conceal carry. How does law enforcement know who is good vs. bad at a traffic stop. Just because someone passed a back ground check doesnt mean they don't have a potential for violence.

So you're in the prove you're innocent because guns are bad crowd? It isn't up to LE to force people to prove they aren't breaking the law.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back