1st time carrying concealed today...

what is there to 'make up' sgb if i needed to mail a gun i would do so according to post office rules and regulations as bikenut explained and being our law as well federal law says you can't conceal carry or have even a gun in your vehicle while on post office property i choose not to do so........however you seemed say you ignore that rule? and carry your readily available and loaded gun on post office property.........
all i was asking is if other concealed carriers disregard the law when it comes to carrying their edc into a post office or if they unholster and leave it in their vehicle whilst conducting business inside the post office
really a simple question here

what is there to 'make up' sgb if i needed to mail a gun i would do so according to post office rules and regulations as bikenut explained and being our law as well federal law says you can't conceal carry or have even a gun in your vehicle while on post office property i choose not to do so........however you seemed say you ignore that rule? and carry your readily available and loaded gun on post office property.........
all i was asking is if other concealed carriers disregard the law when it comes to carrying their edc into a post office or if they unholster and leave it in their vehicle whilst conducting business inside the post office
really a simple question here

Again you are the legal internet expert here. You've taken two classes and had your CWFL for what a week, you know it all. Why continue to ask someone as obviously ignorant as myself questions concerning the law?

Again you are the legal internet expert here. You've taken two classes and had your CWFL for what a week, you know it all. Why continue to ask someone as obviously ignorant as myself questions concerning the law?

Why do you even mess with her dude? She has clearly forgot more about guns than you or I will ever know

Why do you even mess with her dude? She has clearly forgot more about guns than you or I will ever know

I know it's a losing battle, it just amazes me how someone goes from knowing nothing to knowing everything in just four months time.

Kind of get the feeling that there'll be a story in the paper soon about a person who had just acquired a permit that shot themselves in the foot, or worse.

ridiculous accusations against me ........you assume way too much about me when all i did was post a question you still haven't answered .........again i will ask :
how many concealed carriers take their weapon to the post office or leave it in their vehicles whilst conducting business at the post office?
how on earth does that connect any way shape or form to your thoughts about me possibly shooting myself in the foot or worse???
i really don't see the logic there

Kind of get the feeling that there'll be a story in the paper soon about a person who had just acquired a permit that shot themselves in the foot, or worse.

vxcfh4_th.jpg

just answer the question as an instructor please and not try to hurl personal insults
if one of your students asked you if you thought it was ok to carry any way in a post office or should they leave their rig in the vehicle before going to the post office what would you tell your student?
or would you advise them to simply not carry or keep your gun in your vehicle at all when going to a post office?

there is a big difference in conceal carrying a gun on your person readily available to fire and carrying a gun disassembled or in a disabled condition and packaged in a sealed box to mail off at the post office
Also I believe that you can only mail long guns and not handguns.

Also I believe that you can only mail long guns and not handguns.

Unless you're a FFL holder, which are allowed to send handguns through the mail FFL to FFL. Also note there is a Florida statute that allows a FFL holder or it's employee to be armed while transporting firearms, which would fill the "Official Purposes" portion of the US code previously cited when mailing firearms at the Post Office.

ETA- Statute correction

just answer the question as an instructor please and not try to hurl personal insults
if one of your students asked you if you thought it was ok to carry any way in a post office or should they leave their rig in the vehicle before going to the post office what would you tell your student?
or would you advise them to simply not carry or keep your gun in your vehicle at all when going to a post office?

Your highness lost the privilege of advise from me when you told me to go back and check the law. As far as I'm concerned you're the legal Internet expert.

well sgb the law says not to and you were suggesting i was silly to have left my rig and gun at home when i went to the post office so ???????????????????????? and still you evade my simple question
geesh i don't know where your teach but i don't think i would want an instructor with your kind of attitude

well sgb the law says not to and you were suggesting i was silly to have left my rig and gun at home when i went to the post office so ????????????????????????

No offense Eagle, but your better off just giving up. Your not going to win this, do what you think is right.

not trying to win anything here well the giveaway but on this thread all i wanted was an honest answer and it seems like sgb is not willing to give me a straight answer

Unless you're a FFL holder, which are allowed to send handguns through the mail FFL to FFL. Also note there is a federal statute that allows a FFL holder or it's employee to be armed while transporting firearms, to inclued mailing them at the Post Office.

Your highness lost the privilege of advise from me when you told me to go back and check the law. As far as I'm concerned you're the legal Internet expert.
Please cite the actual law with a link to it for research purposes? As a holder of an FFL I would be very interested to discover that my FFL exempts me from that "no guns" Postal regulation I cited in an earlier post.

I'm thinking it's going to be a story of a new permit holder that got into an argument at a Publix and threw down on someone and caught a felony menacing case

Please cite the actual law with a link to it for research purposes? As a holder of an FFL I would be very interested to discover that my FFL exempts me from that "no guns" Postal regulation I cited in an earlier post.

My apologies it's not federal code it's Florida statute which satisfies the "[SIZE=-1]Offical Purpases"[/SIZE] portion of the earlier cited US Code which unfortunately is meaningless in Michigan.

[SIZE=-1]790.25 Lawful ownership, possession, and use of firearms and other weapons.—[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1](3) LAWFUL USES.—The provisions of ss. 790.053 and 790.06 do not apply in the following instances, and, despite such sections, it is lawful for the following persons to own, possess, and lawfully use firearms and other weapons, ammunition, and supplies for lawful purposes:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]i) A person engaged in the business of manufacturing, repairing, or dealing in firearms, or the agent or representative of any such person while engaged in the lawful course of such business;[/SIZE]

well sgb the law says not to and you were suggesting i was silly to have left my rig and gun at home when i went to the post office so ???????????????????????? and still you evade my simple question
geesh i don't know where your teach but i don't think i would want an instructor with your kind of attitude

Here again you've already stated that you know all the answers. I've repeatedly told you why I'm no longer answering your questions. Eventually even the thickest idiot will get the hint.

My apologies it's not federal code it's Florida statute which satisfies the "[SIZE=-1]Offical Purpases"[/SIZE] portion of the earlier cited US Code which unfortunately is meaningless in Michigan.

[SIZE=-1]790.25 Lawful ownership, possession, and use of firearms and other weapons.—[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1](3) LAWFUL USES.—The provisions of ss. 790.053 and 790.06 do not apply in the following instances, and, despite such sections, it is lawful for the following persons to own, possess, and lawfully use firearms and other weapons, ammunition, and supplies for lawful purposes:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]i) A person engaged in the business of manufacturing, repairing, or dealing in firearms, or the agent or representative of any such person while engaged in the lawful course of such business;[/SIZE]
No apology necessary... nothing personal in our discussion. We are just talking about legal issues. And I appreciate it when someone posts a cite to actual law. :smile:

However....

The Supremacy Clause and Federal Preemption

THE SUPREMACY CLAUSE
Article. VI.

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

And then the article goes on to explain...

Introduction

The preemption doctrine derives from the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution which states that the "Constitution and the laws of the United States...shall be the supreme law of the land...anything in the constitutions or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding." This means of course, that any federal law--even a regulation of a federal agency--trumps any conflicting state law.

So... in my completely layman understanding (I'm not an attorney) that tells me the Postal regulation concerning the carrying of firearms on Postal property... trumps any and all State laws.

Which still means that it is illegal for a person to carry a firearm on Postal property unless they are engaged in the "official business" of mailing said firearm.

If I am mistaken I'd surely love to know! No sarcasm there either... I'd love to know!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back