Have you open carried?

A police officer is hardly an honorable profession. I have more respect for my garbage collector.

Based on the screen name of this individual, thinking it may be best to just say; "You just have to consider the source". :secret:

DCkilla:307386 said:
Thanks for joining the police force. Good luck and Godspeed.
A police officer is hardly an honorable profession. I have more respect for my garbage collector.

You are wrong. Anyone who works hard in life is honorable. That includes police officers, and garbage collectors, and teachers.

I hold no more respect for any of them more than the other if they each do their best.

Just who TF do you think you are to judge what somebody wants to do for a living, and weather that ocupation is honorable or not? I hope he bust's you first, with that attitude you got to be guilty of something

I worked for 12 1/2 yrs., as a cop, in DC during the crack wars, had two partners murdered by punks with attitudes like yours and locked up a ton more. I'd love to see your sheet.

+1 to vanns40. Judging by the reactions to "DCkilla" and his out of line comments, I think he has bitten off more than he can chew.

tcecil88:308376 said:
+1 to vanns40. Judging by the reactions to "DCkilla" and his out of line comments, I think he has bitten off more than he can chew.

He has a right to his opinion. His comments are as out of line as the two following it that relate him to a murderer and that he should be busted because he is all ready guilty of "something".

If his attitude deserves mistreatment, many dishonorable police officers deserve to be in jail as well. I have come across very few honorable officers in my life time....and a lot of dishonorable ones...

A blanket statement is wrong, for or against police. Holding more respect for garbage collectors than police is also fine...as I share the same feelings. I do enjoy honorable officers though, I just wish there were more of them.

I just moved to Virginia, and don't have a Virginia permit...yet...I still have a valid Indiana license, but Va doesn't recognize it...stupid laws..I OC here all the time

mrsmitty:308790 said:
I just moved to Virginia, and don't have a Virginia permit...yet...I still have a valid Indiana license, but Va doesn't recognize it...stupid laws..I OC here all the time

Is your Indiana permit a resident or non resident permit? If its a resident permit, you will want to check Indiana law as to whether or not its still valid because you moved residency. (ie: when I moved to WA, my OR resident permit was void immediately.)

I would say I OC about 90% of the time. Even if I'm not directly OC'ing I'm loosely CC'ing. OC'ing is much easier than CC. It is more comfortable, it allows faster access to your firearm and you don't have to dress around your firearm.

OC is of the Devil

CJ+and+Co_Devil%2527s+Gun_45.jpg

I am a fair weather O/C'er. I O/C when I do not have to bother with trying to figure out how to keep my firearm in plain view when I am dressed for winter weather. As for how others around me may feel I really do not care what others think of me exercising my rights.

I OC around my property in Southern California. My neighbors all know it and were a bit surprised at first strolling around the driveway or front porch with the px4 storm holstered on my side. One of my neighbors friends noticed my gun (she's a retired school teacher) and asked me why I carry a gun. I said, "It's lighter than carrying around a police officer (saw that in another member's post)." She got a chuckle. I then explained that I have 2 wild kids who go through everything in the house and I feel it's safer for my family to keep loaded firearms where I know it's safe. On me.

OC in Michigan Mall, my first incident, asked to leave nicely.

Saturday, I open carried to in the Woodland Mall in Grand Rapids, MI. , I live in Bay City, MI. And am down here with my wife visiting our daughter for this holiday weekend. I was with my wife, daughter & her friend. I was done shopping after about a half hour and trying to find my wife to leave and passed 3
Mall security officers in uniform. After I passed by them a uniformed Police Officer passed me and looked at me I said hi sir and continued walking aware that all the mall officers and the police officer started to follow me. Within 30 seconds I heard sir, hey sir and turned around with 3 security officers and behind them 6 ft was the police officer. I stopped and the security officer stated we have a no open carry policy here in the mall and its posted and I stated sir I looked well before entering your mall and saw no postings at all. He then pulled out a card and showed me and said right here #8 I stated if you say so I won't argue I believe you, I smiled and said again nothing is posted and he said yes it is. I said could I find my wife first since she has the car keys and he said yes right then my wife came and said do we have to leave and I said yes. I left and checked the entrance we left and came into the same door and nothing at all is posted on the inner or outer doors. Since the mall in I'm assuming is private property I left. Otherwise I have been everywhere open carrying in MI. with no problems and some nice conversations from store employees and other citizens. I was a law enforcement officer for 15 years, former US Marine and have carried for 33+ years from 17 years old (USMC) to Now 54 YEARS OLD. Any commements would be appreciated.

Gotta love that! I am in Vermont and one does not need a permit to carry openly or concealed as well. I carry concealed though because my wife refuses to go out the door with me any other way.
Lived in a few states and reactions are generally consistent with the local gun laws. Forget about it in Chicago! No gun, no way, no how! Even being pro gun, you are looked on as a terrorist there!
New Hampshire was great! Could carry open all day long as long as you don't have a loaded gun on you in a car ( kinda weird, but OK )
Mass. was a huge hassle and waste of time to try to get a permit. I believe it is a shall issue but I can tell you, they shall also run you through hoops and
Back log your request, hoping you will just go away!
So yeah, I have open carried but I prefer concealed.

if you try something like an open carry in las vegas it will get you shot.we had a guy with a permit get shot by the cops when he was seen with his pistol at a costco.the gun was in plane sight he went to give it up and bang bang he was dead.if you are in las vegas watch out someone sees you the cops come you get shot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back