Why Do You Carry Concealed?

I do it for protection, plain and simple. Yes, I was shot in the back and robbed just over two years ago while carrying, but nevertheless, I believe my chances of surviving an encounter with a criminal are a lot better if I'm carrying than if I'm not.

Well, I plan on owning guns anyway, so I figure why not carry them just in case you need one for protection. Also, don't CWFLs allow you to skip the NICS check?

I carry to protect myself and my family. If a bad guy puts us in a situation where someone is going to be hurt or killed, it needs to be him, not us. Chances are extremely high that I'll never need to use my guns. I hope I never have to use my fire extinguisher either, but it's ready and in place in case I do.

Robbed prior to concealed carry passed in Texas, had friend beaten and robbed, I carry for the protection of myself and my family, that is if I owned a gun and if I carried. (Obama Denial)

Why?: Self defense. Concealed?: Normally 'cause it might be raining (rare) or it's cold and I need a long jacket. I use a shoulder holster for that. I carry concealed in Texas 'cause OC is denied. Otherwise... I OC everywhere else at all other times, including at home.

Why ?

To protect me and my wife in the ordinary world, which becomes more dangerous every day.
Have carried for over 50 years after USA discharge and will continue as long as I'm mobile out in society.

I agree with above, I carry for the same reason I have fire extinguishers on my boat and in my home. I dont expect a fire, I dont want a fire, but if it happens I wish to be prepared.

I concealed carry because open carry is illegal in NY.

I carry because of my job. I live in MD, and getting a CCP here is an ordeal. My MD license is restricted to when i am on the clock for my employer. However i also have a TN license, and when i am in TN, or those states that honor their license i carry for protection of myself and my family.

I have been carrying concealed for over 35-years. The reason is simple, I care about the safety of my family and myself, and having been Military and later a LEO, I know that armed emergency support is never readily available when needed the most, so it was up to me to provide my family and myself the security that we needed.
I have had four experiences (incidents) that having my firearm with me prevented our being robbed or worse at the hands of those who prey upon our society.
I carry concealed because it is MY RIGHT and MY DUTY...

~JPKirkpatrick

Why do you carry concealed

I carry concealed to protect myself and my family against home invasions and other felonies that could be committed against us. I would prefer open carry but it is not legal here.

I carry concealed for a few reasons. I'll be honest about the first reason. It's because I can. The last thing I want to have to do is draw my gun and use it to stop a threat. I will if I have to, but that'll be an absolute last resort. Mostly, I like having a gun on my hip. There's something rugged and comfortable about it. I live in the soviet California so it's fun to carry concealed in places where most people would freak out if they knew I was carrying. It's an adventure for me. The whole process of obtaining a CCW permit, getting proper training, finding the right firearm, and holster, etc. It's been a challenge that I've enjoyed immensely.

Self defense is a secondary reason that I hope I'll never have to use. I practice regularly, take training classes, etc. I'll have no problem pulling the trigger when I have to. I'm just going to do everything I can to avoid any such encounter.

My biggest fear is being hit from behind, or quickly overwhelmed to the point where I'm overtaken and then my gun is taken from my holster or my hand. I do not want some scum bag taking my weapon to use on another human being. That is a big fear that I have, maybe even bigger than loosing my own life in a gunfight. I've kept this in mind in choosing a carry method. I'm figuring that IWB holster may be overlooked as a bad guy goes through my pockets if I'm knocked unconscious.

Well, I plan on owning guns anyway, so I figure why not carry them just in case you need one for protection. Also, don't CWFLs allow you to skip the NICS check?
They don't allow u to skip the NCIS check! It's done with or without permit! With a permit..u do not have to wait the 3 days and can walk out the store with it!

I do it for protection, plain and simple. Yes, I was shot in the back and robbed just over two years ago while carrying, but nevertheless, I believe my chances of surviving an encounter with a criminal are a lot better if I'm carrying than if I'm not.

Did they get your gun?

I carry in order that I may be able to protect myself and my family. Several years ago, I was informed by the FBI that my name had appeared on a Mansion Clan list. I was president of the California State Division of the Izaak Walton League at the time. Not knowing if it was a possible hit list or not, I was advised to have a firearm available. I don't want to have to use it, but I am prepared.

Why I carry concealed:

I have had access to weapons, most of my life... I didn't feel the need to carry
other than, hunting or something outdoors.. BUT along went the days of just
a verbal or light knuckles, to really scary people...
As former Military, and LEO, I saw things that made me want to be able to defend
in a lethal situation... I had family and didn't want to accidentally run into a
situation that put them in Jeopardy, and be responsible for defending against
multiple adversaries...unarmed.. I have carried for numerous years, and 12
legally.. I go armed when I leave the house..
There are some that think Open carry is good, and maybe so, but right now,
concealed makes everyone wonder..Open allows all to know and plan for a coup.
As long as I have the choice, I will carry concealed... It isn't to say that I have all
the answers, but at least I am comfortable concealed... LEO's look quickly at open
and is a little more dangerous, in that respect... But again only my opinion..

I do because I have carried some type of weapon since I was a 17 year old kid in the USMC. After discharge I spent 25 years as a LEO I am now retired and at the age of 65 I still will protect and serve anyone that needs help or protect myself and my family.
Bill

If you're asking why I carry concealed specifically , because my wife gets pissed when I OC. If you're asking why i carry period. It's because I know there's a world full of predators out there and I don't want to be prey

As the rest of the responders stated; I carry for self defense purposes. I carry concealed because I don't want the BG to know until I decide to show him/her (sic!)... Why I don't open carry around here is due to leo harassment of those that do, I don't need the hassle although open carry is legal in North Carolina, somebody forgot to tell a great many leo's here!

Actually, most of the States have allowed you to purchase a sidearm, without the 5 day wait or even the instant check,
if you had in possession a valid, current CCW...some have recently made it a rule, of the ones that didn't used to..
I can't name all the States that do or don't, but I am aware of many that do not require check or waiting period...
I can go to any State the borders us, and buy a long gun, and walk out with it...but unless I'm permitted in those
places, I still have to have a hand gun sent to a dealer... But not the check...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back