Zombies!?!? Really CDC?

Psyk00diver

OK, am I the only one to think it is odd that the CDC has released a book on how to deal with Zombies,earlier this year? They did release it as a graphic novel type guide, as not to alarm the public. Good ploye if you ask me. Come on it is the CDC! You know a real government agency. http://www.cdc.gov/phpr/zombies.htm

Also Hornady released Zombie-Max ammo in in October of this year. This new ammo, is avalible in .380 auto, 9mm luger, .40 S&W, .45 auto, .223 REM, 7.62x39, .30-30WIN, .308 WIN, and 12 Ga., looks like they are serious about it. Ka-Bar first showed off there new zombie hunting knife line at the 2012 Shot Show. Does the government know something they are not telling us regular folks?

Last edited:
I found your post intriguing given that husband and I just recently started watching Walking Dead and we love it. Here's a link to the CDC's book info: Link Removed

I'm thinking the CDC is just using our culture's love of Zombies as a way to discuss emergency preparedness. And as for the ammo manufacturers, they know that putting Zombie in the name will sell at least a few extra boxes.

It's only since I've started watching Walking Dead that I can appreciate all the past posts on this forum and others around zombies and such. Lots of shooting on that show and until a recent episode where it was revealed that the Veterinarian keeps them alive in his barn, it was open season on Zombies. And you had to hit them in the head and can't waste any bullets. (Okay, you must now think I'm off my rocker. Nah, just get a kick out of the show).

I just bought a box of Hornady Critical Defense .45's and the GS owner told me the only difference between it and the Zombie Ammo was the box and the fact that the plastic insert was glow in the dark green instead of the red in the CD. I wonder if that helps the Zombies see it coming?

KK

Welcome to mainstream 2011 where zombie movies and zombie video games are the most popular. You can thank the media for this zombie hype.

mncarrydude:246540 said:
Don't count out the movie Zombieland, where they also give you good tips. Doubletap, Cardio, check the back seat. Lol
Ya and stay out of Garland Tx lol

Laugh if you want but I know zombies, the walking dead, are real. I saw them on TV and there are videos even on the internet. I say get ready or you will be sorry.

Regardless of people's views or beliefs;it is an easy way for the CDC to inform people about being prepared. Now, I am not a disease expert,but,a disease is feasible to infect people in zombielike ways.Remember I am not condoning or saying anything except that it is possible.

The possibility of a viral disease that effects mankind to act in similiar ways. Read what is stated prior to what you quoted and its self explanatary.

Nope... it is Special Green top secret goo stuff, injected and molded into the bullet. It is really.... I just know it! I mean gosh, just because it is a different color doesn't mean it isn't special.
Really, it is! They wouldn't just market it as different. Would they?

Hey you think Hornady is going to approach AMC's The Walking Dead as a sponcer? So they can say their new Z-Max ammo is the offical ammo of The Walking Dead? Come on Public Relations guys at Hornady, run with it, it's got glowing green goo tips! You guys gotta!!!! Hell I'm just a machinist, not a marketing guy and I see the tie in!

Last edited:
Nope... it is Special Green top secret goo stuff, injected and molded into the bullet. It is really.... I just know it! I mean gosh, just because it is a different color doesn't mean it isn't special.
Really, it is! They wouldn't just market it as different. Would they?

Why would they simply market a colored novelty ammo to us? The anti-zombie ingredients are likely proprietary and the effect on zombies must me proven or they would not market it to us in these dire times. So if they ARE already proven then there must have been tests on actual un-dead's! Crap, I'm gett'n freaked out here man!

They're already here!

Link Removed

They are easily identified. Slow shuffle, bug-eyes, torn clothing, blank stare, missing teeth, unintelligible speech, sores all over face and hands, long fingernails, dirty and unshaven. They seek only one thing... your money!!!!!!

Oh wait, those are crackheads! Sorry.

All I can say is....Brain.....Brain....Brain....!

boom... I got hornady Zombie Max.... I think they are going to be collectables...I got mine.

do you have yours?

Brain...Brain...!!!

stingray2100:246841 said:
All I can say is....Brain.....Brain....Brain....!

boom... I got hornady Zombie Max.... I think they are going to be collectables...I got mine.

do you have yours?

Brain...Brain...!!!
I just got mine from Midway today! I am getting ready... Haha!

The possibility of a viral disease that effects mankind to act in similiar ways. Read what is stated prior to what you quoted and its self explanatary.

"... disease that effects mankind to act in similar ways."????? I thought that came from joining the Democratic Party! (Sorry. Simply COULDN'T resist!)

Now it's Zombies? I thought all the rage was Vampires. (Must have been last season.)

Although I DID see a few "zombies" chanting on the news a couple of weeks ago..... something about "occupying" and "FAY-AIRE-ness" of life.... the usual pablum to be fed to the useless and absorbed by the feebleminded.

Kinda like "O-BAH-MA! Hope and change!" (LOL!)

... and when I arrive at the pearly gates I can tell Saint Pete that the last series that I made any effort at all to watch was "Stargate SG-1" and before that "Hill Street Blues". (... and hope I can be forgiven those little sins.)

(Now everyone knows why I have so much time to bang out posts on various forums! LOL!) (Not to mention work on my hobbies.)

GG

Although if one really WANTS to "defrock" zombies, a high pressure fire hose should do the trick quite well. Takes rotted clothes, skin and funky makeup off.... all in the same "ethnic cleansing" ritual! LOL!

GG

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back