You know what grinds my gears?

no sheep

Waiting for NM to give me my permit. Im on day 76 and counting.....

Edit to add: Obama grinds them bad as well.

Took 90 days for me here in Kansas, partly due to new state computer system that greatly slowed the back ground process, and a 20% increase in requests.

Waiting for NM to give me my permit. Im on day 76 and counting..... Edit to add: Obama grinds them bad as well.

Thank goodness you can exercise your right to open carry and provide for your self defense until the state grants you permission to hide your gun!

I see no reason at all for such delays.

SD issued my permit quickly - temporary permit from the sheriff in less than 5 workdays, laminated card from the state in a couple weeks.

AZ non-resident permit was barely two weeks mailbox to mailbox.

Iowa, had mine within 30 minutes! Walked in to the Sheriffs office took my pic and sat till my name was called. $50 later done!

92 days in South Carolina. Would probably be sooner but large upswing in applications, especially where I am.

I'm in Massachusetts, one of the most restrictive states in the country, and got mine in 30 days.

Waiting for NM to give me my permit. Im on day 76 and counting.....

Edit to add: Obama grinds them bad as well.
It took me 4 months back in 2007. The SID CCW group is very under staffed. Have you called to ask where your application stands?

Flanmedic51 should come along and tell us how important this process is to keep criminals from concealing firearms...

It took me 4 months back in 2007. The SID CCW group is very under staffed. Have you called to ask where your application stands?

yeah I called, I got attitude and was told to call them when it has been 90 days. You would think for the $100 they charge they could afford to hire some more people.

day 78 and counting.......

SC permit took about 100 days, high volume a few years back. Fla was 119 days due to issues about my DD214. NC was right at 45 days.

Patience Grass Hopper, patience

Flanmedic51 should come along and tell us how important this process is to keep criminals from concealing firearms...

Don't forget, without the permit system there would be no way of charging them with illegally carrying a firearm either...

Don't forget, without the permit system there would be no way of charging them with illegally carrying a firearm either...

You mean it isn't enough to make it illegal to use a firearm to commit a crime with? Or it isn't enough to make it illegal for a convicted felon to carry the firearm? Or illegal for a drug user to carry a firearm? Or illegal for a person convicted of domestic violence to carry a firearm? We really need to make it illegal for a person to carry a firearm without a card purchased from the government in their pocket? Reminds me of the old religious system of indulgences.

and yes, I know your post was sarcasm, but that is what Flanmedic51 and others are really saying.

I just called about my license and I got good news, they dont start counting the days when I droped it off like you would think they are counting almost 3 weeks from that date. I still have at least 2-3 weeks more to wait
I was told. They said they are extreamly backed up with all the new permit request (so thats good but bad) NM hire some more people!!!!!

WI, mine took 9 days, 6 business days. I sent it certified mail.

I was caught off guard by the mail when it came since I sent it the Monday of the previous week and got it on a Wednesday.

WI, mine took 9 days, 6 business days. I sent it certified mail.

I was caught off guard by the mail when it came since I sent it the Monday of the previous week and got it on a Wednesday.

have you never heard the term don't poke the bear? Im on day 91 from drop off and as usuall counting......................

60 days here in nc . But it took 6 1/2 months for my auto 1928 thompson transfer to go through, a log jam

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back