XDs 45, Anyone have one?

Drzzit

Anyone have/shoot this yet? Looking at it Myself and no one here where I live(NM) has them in stock yet. Really want to try one as I have a XDm 9 and would like a larger caliber to qualify for CC permit(in NM if using a 9 mm cannot conceal carry anything larger, ONLY 9mm or smaller). Hope to hear some good things here on this pistol.

Been looking forward to getting my hands on one of those. I haven't even seen any on Gunbroker. :-\ Anyway, if you are just looking for a concealed carry sized polymer .45ACP, don't forget about the Glock 36 and Kahr PM45. w-

I shot one a few weeks ago. If you have an XDm in 9mm, you will have very little problem with the .45. Very nice!
I am considering that or a Ruger 1911 for my next pistol.

I am hoping to get a chance to shoot one but it's not a gun I desire to own. I'm sure it's a fine firearm! I own an XD-40 Sub-Compact and XDM-9 and used to own an XD-45 Tactical. I am a huge Springfield fan!! You really can't lose with an XD

The XD 45 is my primary carry weapon. I really love this gun. It is so comfortable to shoot. Of course, as I always tell people, the best gun is the one you're most comfortable shooting. My wife doesn't enjoy shooting it because of her hand size, so if you've got smaller hands you might want to look at the Springfield 1911 model for the 45. Other than that, I highly recommend this gun.

I looked at one at the NRA convention. I have a couple XD's, 40 subcompact and 45. I love them both. I really like the s, I believe it would be a great carry weapon.

Im looking for that and the p938.dont know which is going to be my pocket pistol of choice

Check out CandRreviews on youtube and Hickock45 as well on the 938. The XDS is the same size as the S&W Shield. The 938 just a bit smaller and lighter but tends to shoot low, is a lot more expensive and only comes with one mag.

I have owned one SAXD .45 as well as a 9mm and shot many SAXD's its a great pistol and i enjoyed shooting and carrying it. I eventually moved onto glock and more recently a 1911.

Yes I own one and it is now my EDC. If you are familiar with the XDM series, then you'll have no problem shooting this gun. You'll have to get used to the larger caliber ( bigger recoil and bang ) BUT, for a smaller gun in a .45acp, the recoil is ridiculously controllable and with practice, easily able to reacquire sight picture.

It is a single stack with magazine capacity of 5+1 with a new 7+1 now being out to purchase, however I would only consider the larger magazine as a backup mag. The gun just feels great in my hand, good solid grip, trigger is great and breaks clean with a short reset.

Things to consider, for bigger hands, if you're not used to letting your pinky dangle on the bottom of the magazine, this may take some getting used to or have you purchasing extensions. Two handed thumb over thumb grips, you need to be conscious of the fact that your grip thumb may bump or cover the slide release button causing the slide to not lock back after the last round is fired.

Conceals great with either a top quality leather, kydex or hybrid simple IWB or OWB holster and belt. I use a leather IWB/OWB holster and I can conceal the gun effectively with shorts and tshirts no problems.

It's a great gun to consider, however I have seen on XDTalk that there have been issues reported with FTF, light strikes and striker pin damage. I have not experienced any of that and only experience slide lock back problems which I believe we're due to the magazine springs being so new and tight, caused magazine to not catch the slide lock mechanism at times.

HTH

I've had one for a couple of weeks and really like it. Like another poster said it's the same size as my M&P Shield and easy to shoot in .45 Auto. I've been carrying mine in a pocket holster in cargo shorts. I'm waiting for an IWB holster.

The first day I got to the range, I ran 150 of my 230 grain fmj handloads through it. I followed that with a box of Speed Gold Dot 230's,a box of Golden Sabers230, and a box of Hornady Critical Defense 185 grain. All of these ran without a glitch.

The red FO front sight is easy to pick up and shooting fast is no problem.

Like I said, I really like mine...:smile:

I went to the range today, they had one for rent. Didn't shoot it because they're ammo is outragious. Next time I go will take a box to shoot.
There's a waiting list with 34 names on it.
I have a 9mm xd sub, love that gun. This new 45 will be replacing the LCP I carry in the summer.

Went to a local gun show Fri. One of the vendors had one, couldn't resist, had to have it.
Now I'll be going to the range to shoot my own ! I am stoked !

I carried and trained with an XD compact .45 for several years and loved it. Eats anything and I had no problems with it malfunctioning. Couldn't control it well with one hand, so I went back to my faithful old .357m revolver for the next few years. Just bought an XD compact 9mm and love it too. It is almost the same size as the .45 and fits the same holsters, so I'm good to go. I can shoot it equally well with either hand alone, and dynamite with two hands. It will be my carry gun from now on... well, at least until I find something else I like as well.

I've handled and fired the XD m series in several calibers and do not like them. No real idea why, just don't feel right to me. Each to their own. :)

Got one about 1 month ago. Fabulous gun; mile recoil for a small 45, very accurate and a pleasure to carry. Takes a little getting used to but it has replaced my HK P2000sk .40 as my daily carry gun. Would highly recommend it, although you will get a few FTF until you grip it tighly and get the slide rack process down. It really is a terrific size / power combination and while I'm a HK guy, this is my favorite carry gun.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back