Would you do it?

I have been waiting almost three years for Hi Point Firearms to start sending out the 4595 carbine. Finally Hi Point has shipped some out. I want one in the worse way. Now I have a Norinco SKS with about 800 rounds of ammo, I really love my SKS and do not wish to part with it. But I am thinking about selling my SKS so I can get the 4595. For two reasons
1. Money is kind of tight right now..
2. Wife does not have the interest in guns and would be pissed if I purchused another one.

Oooohh!! I WANT one!!

Link Removed

Now, the question is: .40? Or .45? 9mm is out of the question for me...I don't need yet another caliber to keep track of. Personally, I'm leaking toward .45 as a companion to my 1st choice sidearm, but I think - if/when TSHTF - .40 will be a lot more readily available "in the field". Open to opinions...

Oooohh!! I WANT one!!

Link Removed

Now, the question is: .40? Or .45? 9mm is out of the question for me...I don't need yet another caliber to keep track of. Personally, I'm leaking toward .45 as a companion to my 1st choice sidearm, but I think - if/when TSHTF - .40 will be a lot more readily available "in the field". Open to opinions...

actually more along the lines to this

Link Removed

There's one in my future but no way would I sell my SKS to get one!!! Especially w/800 rounds already if needed. be patient you'll get one.

wife or gun

I would wait on it.

save some more money, let the company get all the kinks our of the first run.

Then get a nice ring or something that the wife likes and tell her this.

I purchased this for you and I got this for me...!

It always works with me

The SKS is more valuable than the Hi-point, more powerful, and a cheaper round to shoot, plus you have a lot of ammo for it already. Save for the Hi-point, they are fun rifles to shoot, I have the 9MM in the old stock.

The SKS is more valuable than the Hi-point, more powerful, and a cheaper round to shoot, plus you have a lot of ammo for it already. Save for the Hi-point, they are fun rifles to shoot, I have the 9MM in the old stock.

amen i had an sks with a 30 round mag and sold it, i could kick my self for it. save up for the hipoint.:biggrin:

I been waiting for that to come out in 45, his will compliment my handguns, my question is what mags are they using. I would like one converted to accept my p-14 hi-caps, but I am not totally against Glock mags or grease gun, etc.

I agree with everyone on here.......Wait. If they just came out, wait a little to "debug" them, then put in for one. I'm not sure on how the waiting list still operates. I know back then when I was on the HP forum at the time they were only talking about them and folks were having their dealers put them on the waiting list!
Myself, I think I'll pass on the 4595 or even the 4095. I already got the 995 which I love, and is..... Very accurate. I love my HP acp.45 and c9 also and I don't care what anyone says about them. You have to shoot one to understand.
Hold onto the SKS, and when the time is right on the HP you'll know. Good luck!

I have been waiting almost three years for Hi Point Firearms to start sending out the 4595 carbine. Finally Hi Point has shipped some out. I want one in the worse way. Now I have a Norinco SKS with about 800 rounds of ammo, I really love my SKS and do not wish to part with it. But I am thinking about selling my SKS so I can get the 4595. For two reasons
1. Money is kind of tight right now..
2. Wife does not have the interest in guns and would be pissed if I purchused another one.

Personally, I feel your pain. Even if I work overtime and earn extra money, my wife feels as though I should not buy any more guns. It sucks. They just don't understand. I would keep the SKS though. I know the Hi-Point guns are pretty good for the money, but that SKS will probably outlast it. If the bottom were to drop out on society, I would rather have the SKS on my back than the Hi-Point. JMHO.:biggrin:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back