Wife wants a Beretta 21A Bobcat .22

nca_mm

Can I hear from some of y'all with experience shooting this pistol, please? Thanks!

(sorry, I tried to search for it but got impatient)

I own one, great little pistol, short range defense. What I like, you pop up the barrel, load, fire and continue from the mag.

Nice easy gun to shoot, hard to aim (small sights for my old eyes) but for close up defense should be as good as any .22

Great little pocket pistol. A little picky on the ammo you use. CCI work best. Never had a failure to fire or eject using them. CCI stinger for defence.

Easy little gun to handle. Easy take down and assembly. VERY picky on ammo, though. CCI Stingers work best for mine.

I would consider the Beretta 3032 Tomcat. It's about the same price and holds seven .32 rounds. My wife carries this nice little inox one.

i"ve owned a couple specimens, one for 35+ years. Have one in blue and one INOX (stainless). Most people that have them will sing their praise for a bunch of reasons...number one being they are just plain fun.

Detractors, (usually those who don't own them) will tell you that they don't want one because they don't have an extractor, but rather - relies solely on the blow back of the round to eject. Well, that's sortta true... if a casing happens to stick, there's nothing you can do, except lift the barrel and push the round out, or use a spent round's casing mouth to pry it out. I've heard of this over the entire length of my personal ownership, but never witnessed it happening...I suppose, because I don't use cheapo ammo.

Other posters have already said it, but, make darn sure you use premium ammo (particularly CCI mini mags, stingers, or velocitors) and you'll have no problems. If you use cheapo ammo, you'll probably become very discouraged by this little gun, sell it, and become one of its detractors.

Beretta also makes the 3032 in .32acp ... almost a carbon copy (3032 is slightly chunkier) of the 21A but in a tad more reliable cartridge

Had one

i bought my wife the little 21a bobcat and had nothing but problems. The problems were I could not load more the 3 rounds in the magazine any thing more and it would not feed. I tried diffrent ammo from the bulk stuff to CCI and still same issue. Called Beretta and they sent new mag same problem.
Maybe I had a lemon either way it was not a fun pistol to shot. Beretta told me to send it in and they would look at it. That was going to be a hassle so I just sold it back to Cabbelas at a small loss and bought a Ruger SR-22. My Beretta 92 fs has been flawless and is one of my favorite pistols. The rounds on the bobcat would go nose down and not slide onto the feed ramp with more then 3 rounds.

Update: show her lots of .22s (what she wants). She still wants the Beretta Bobcat. Anyone can suggest anything else in semi-auto that is an easily concealable .22?

If I were going to carry a .22 for defense it would be one so small that I could literally put it anywhere because for anything like the size of the bobcat I could use a .32 or .380 instead to much better effect. For a .22 carry I'd suggest one of the NAA mini revolvers that folds up to the size of a small pocket knife, can deep conceal that almost anywhere you go, but I still wouldn't suggest the .22LR version because they make the same thing in a .22 magnum....

I would suggest you help to make your wife comfortable with a larger caliber for concealed carry because why would you want to take to a defensive situation something LESS deadly than a knife or club?

I would consider the Beretta 3032 Tomcat. It's about the same price and holds seven .32 rounds. My wife carries this nice little inox one.

Ditto...I've got one and its a fun gun to shoot. It's got a decent bark as well, which would be psychologically defeating for any intended .32 acp recipient. :)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back