Wife s 22 pistol

smileyblair

My wife will only shoot a 22 pistol. PERIOD! However she would like to carry a small 22 pistol. Like the Beretta bobcat or tomcat or Taurus with the flip up barrel. Opinions? Recommendations? Ideas. Which one?

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

5.7 X 28 FNH. Take my word for it. It is a 22ish pistol on steroids. Link Removed

And Mine has been 100% reliable as long as I️ use FN mags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Both my daughter and I like her M&P Shield. Hers is 9mm, but it's also available in .22LR. I would not carry it with anything but something from the CCI line of .22LR ammo such as Velocitor.

I used to own a coffee shop/restaurant in a building that had very poor air conditioning, so I bought a Tomcat to conceal in the pocket of my lightweight shorts while I was working. The weapon operated fine. Don't think I ever had any kind of FTF or FTE malfunction with it, and I did put a ton of rounds through it. But hitting what I was aiming at from even 7 to 10 feet away was a near impossibility. I'm a decent shot with any other weapon I've ever trained with, but I could never dial into that Tomcat. For me it was useless as anything other than a stomach-pump. Might've had something to do with my big hands trying to get a solid grip on that tiny piece, and maybe the same problems won't show up for your wife, assuming her hands are significantly smaller than mine. Still, I can't recommend the Tomcat/Bobcat based on my own personal experience, so there ya go.

Blues

My first thought is how well she can shoot the guns mentioned. She should get a gun she can shoot well, one she likes to shoot, and then shoot it regularly to keep current.

Someone told me if it fails to fire, you have to open the barrel and use a knife of something to pry out the miss fire. I wouldn't think that would be a good thing. S&W or Ruger make some small 380's that might be a better fit for self defense.

I understand the use a 380 reasoning. I have 6. She has shot each of them and simply will not shoot them. She has things like the Rugar SR22 and will go thru 500 rounds. Literally, the only thing she will shoot is a 22.

Walther PPK/S .22 cal. Just got one for my wife. She loves it. May not get it for what I paid,$277. on Buds Gun Shop last thurs., now $407. But really nice well made gun.

Walther PPK/S .22 cal. Just got one for my wife. She loves it. May not get it for what I paid,$277. on Buds Gun Shop last thurs., now $407. But really nice well made gun.

beats the heck out of no gun at all, buy her what she will daily carry & load em up with good ammo, & provided she can deliver most on target & has no problem with shooting the perp till he stops or she is out of ammo , shes good to go can't ask for anything more in her defense

steve

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back