why would you WANT to have to hit somebody with a bullet?

We gather here to day, not to morn the banning of thru, but to celebrate his senility.
His word showed us all what high standards we should strive to live up to as we endeavor in our own journey of the gun.

He regaled us with life experiences that would have filled the lives of 10 men and amazingly just when you thought there could be no more,
he would pull another statistic out from his vast encyclopedia of knowledge of all things ballistic and "braining" to show us the way.

It is a sad day that we lost thru, our brother, our friend, our mentor.
Will one ever be capable of stepping up to fill the void left in his great wake?

Link Removed

Who am I kidding???

Good Riddance!

Is it just me or did "braining" sound like some kind of depraved sex act?

Finally, it got "thru" to Luke to ban "thru".

Luke was all like dude you may be awesome with a gun but my light saber is way better. Thru drew Luke drew Thru looked at his missing hand and said " I should have been faster" Luke smiled as he used his saber to remove Thru from this mortal coil. The people cheered Luke.. Game over!!

Well, my family shoots at the gun range regularly and target practice out in the country. I understand the adrenaline factor in being able to hit a target that is threatening and although I'm fairly certain that after a few rounds we could hit a target, I would so hate to have to shoot another person. I would do it to protect my family but it would be difficult to live with afterwards. At least that's my take on it.

1. Only a sociopath would want to " hit someone with a bullet".
2. People carry all the time , sometimes or rarely. That is your choice
3. Most people train for fun IMO. Basic skills take a few sessions with a competent instructor. How you react under stress? There are so many dynamics that are involved it is hard to predetermine. That is probably the most important thing one can can overcome. Some can, some cannot. However most bad guys run away when they see a gun based on the stats. So still you are better to carry

Go Seahawks!

That's what the "Anti-Gun" crowd thinks tho,, is that we're all a bunch of sociopaths just biding our time to find a situation that can 'justify' our bloodlust! How ignorant can ppl be? First off, I wouldn't be firing unless it was a justifiable situation anyway... Justifiable and Necessary! Sheesh! We have hearts, we're just not going to let some Majorly disturbed and desperate individual or animal torture and kill my family when I have the knowledge and means to prevent it. I notice that it's mostly men on here but hey I'm a protective mama that will literally go ballistic on some creep that wants to hurt my son! I'm proud that there are still men like you guys in this country.. :)

I believe our Toys 'R' Us kid has confused the words who would "want" to shoot, with "need" to shoot. Criminals who "want" to shoot are after violence, murder, theft, rape, torture, carjackings, multiple perpetrator home invasions, mass killings, and other atrocities.

Examples of the "need" to shoot are imminent fear of loss of life to self or family, due to the actions of deranged, criminally insane individuals above.

The "need" to shoot is always a last resort. Perhaps I'm reading between the lines, but the OP seems like a juvenile, or if not a juvenile, an adult with severely arrested social and intellectual development.

The odds are 100 to one that you AINT skilled enough to properly handle the situation, so LUCK will be the main determinant of the outcome, if you actually have to "shoot him into the ground", and nobody wants the expense and hassle of the legal situation arising after you've shot somebody. Almost nobody wants to spend the 10k or so on training and ammo needed to GET that ability, either. Anyone arguing AGAINST having just the showing of the gun sufficing? that person intends to PROFIT in some way by having you spend all that time and money. Beware.

It is also quite likely that such people have spent that money and time and want to feel "justified" in having done so. I did all that work and spent all that money, and I wish that I could justify it, but I know that the odds are 100 to one that it will never matter. 10 to 1 you'll either not have the gun, or not need one. If you do need it, then the odds are 10 to 1 that you either wont get it out in time or that you won't have to hit anyone with a bullet. :) At least, the odds are that you won't have to do so swiftly, in the vitals, with powerful loads. Good thing, because you probably aint capable of it. Only a few thousand people in the entire USA ARE that skilled, determined and well-equipped (all of the time). That's why I say that the odss are what they are.

Where the hell are you getting this stuff from?

Politician terms

:haha:
I believe our Toys 'R' Us kid has confused the words who would "want" to shoot, with "need" to shoot. Criminals who "want" to shoot are after violence, murder, theft, rape, torture, carjackings, multiple perpetrator home invasions, mass killings, and other atrocities.

Examples of the "need" to shoot are imminent fear of loss of life to self or family, due to the actions of deranged, criminally insane individuals above.

The "need" to shoot is always a last resort. Perhaps I'm reading between the lines, but the OP seems like a juvenile, or if not a juvenile, an adult with severely arrested social and intellectual development.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back