Why Open Carry?

Open carry is legal in NC, but I have enough respect for the everyday citizenry that I will continue to carry concealed which I am licensed to do... Besides, I don't want, nor need, some local yokel Barney Fife taking my handgun because some person called and said I had a gun in public. If OC is your thing then go for it! :pleasantry:

Just a quick note here:

In Wisconsin, we only have the OC option. Concealed carry is a misdemeanor offense. OC is legal by the US Constitution and the Wisconsin Constitution. There is no statute opposing OC.

The choice in Wisconsin; then, is to go unarmed, defenseless or OC. I have personally been OCing for a few years, others longer and new people join our ranks every day.

The first time was a bit intimidating but soon it became second nature.

I have had contact; while carrying, with several LEOs, including three Chiefs of police and several sheriff's deputies. All consensual and friendly. All while carrying and none ever asked my name though I offered it, or about my gun. Others have not been so fortunate. Wisconsin Carry.Org has brought litigation against offending municipalities and won.

I have had several children ask me point blank about my gun, several veterans have either given me a thumbs up or shook my hand which is embarrassing because they deserve my grateful thanks. I can not count the ones who ask whether I need a license for that thing.

While at a check out of a convenience store, one sweet Little old lady told me she'd feel better if I covered that thing up. I told her that it was the bad guys who are hiding their guns in Wisconsin. The good guys Open Carry. She chewed on that for a while and smiled, shook my hand and said; "be careful, young man." Gave me a big smile a out the door she went. The one lone negative comment came from a local journalist.

I would love to have the choice to CC but I don't. Whatever gets the job done.

Hardballer out.

We can open carry here or not its up to us.
I personally choose to carry consealed. Being a small female I think it would make me a target for a BG. Its hard enough to try & stay aware of my surrounding with that added worry. Often I have my granddaughter w/& I don't want her too feel uncomfortable!
(our daughter is not happy about us having weapons period,but thats her problem, shes 100% anti guns) If she knew my outings with my granddaughter would be zero!
So for now at least I tuck one at 6 oclock & the other on my ankle! I can go out and about with them both on me. If daughter & or granddaughter are w/ me,unless I faint or something she don't have a clue its even on me!:sarcastic::sarcastic:
Untill the grandaughter turns 18yrs which is still 4 1/4 yrs away I won't be doing much or saying much about it w/her!
But with that being said if the need ever arises & I need to pull my weapon I would do it in a heart beat! Whether or not 1 or both or them were with me! I have a code word with my granddaoughter if we are out alone, should something ever come up, I can only hope it don't!

I'm sure in time when I go out with hubby I might be more willing to try it out!
He would I'm sure be willing to try.Hes don't try to hard to conceal it now & I'm Okay with that!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back