Why get a Non Res CC with reciprocity?

davcommander

I read all the time of people that advocate getting a Non res CCL for this or that state. I have a OK Res CC that has reciprocity with every state I might possibly travel to/through with the exception of NV. Many recommend getting the FL or UT non res because of where it is accepted. One state that doesn't accept it? That's right, NV. So, can anybody give me a logical argument as to why I should go through the hassle of getting any state's Non res CCL since I can legally carry in 37 different states already?

If you're covered in the states that you will routinely travel in or visit, then you should be all set with your resident CC. I chose to get a non-resident CC from FL because my state's permit isn't recognized by many others. Unfortunately, even with FL I'm 'land-locked'. Every border state from mine doesn't recognize either my resident or non-res FL permit. :angry:

If you're covered in the states that you will routinely travel in or visit, then you should be all set with your resident CC. I chose to get a non-resident CC from FL because my state's permit isn't recognized by many others. Unfortunately, even with FL I'm 'land-locked'. Every border state from mine doesn't recognize either my resident or non-res FL permit. :angry:

Sounds like you may want to move to OK. LOL

If the only state that you're concerned about that your CCW doesn't cover is NV then get a non-resident NV CCW.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to talk you into getting added permits that you're not predisposed to get on your own volition. If it works to your advantage, get an added permit or two. If it would do nothing for you, then why would you go to the expense or trouble of doing it? Either way, it's up to you.

I've got only one permission slip, and that's from my home state. Been permitted here for over 20 years and never had any extra permits. It works well for me that way. Never thought about asking anybody to talk me out of that position.
_shrug__or__dunno__by_crula.gif

Blues

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back